Miami is whats bad about College FB, dont need to be back

Sweet. Bring on the hate. ****, I'd be mad if Finebaum was a Um fan.

He is a life champion fan/alum but slurps his rival Alabama and Nick Saban like no other man has before. Just the other day he was saying Urban Meyer legacy is tarnish because they got molly whopped by Iowa then said Nick Saban wouldn't lose like that. Of course I went ahead and looked at Sabans time at MSU and nothing but blowout loses.

Advertisement
He's playing to his main audience, conservative / good ole boy / hicks. Those types have hated/resented Miami for decades. If you think the worst Cane haters are at Notre Dame, FSU, or OSU, you are badly mistaken. Alabama is far worse than any other place. For them it's all about ideology, culture, and paranoid perceived threats to their place in the world. Football is just an extension of that, and as many people do know, their self esteem rests mostly on the ups and downs of the only thing they have... the tahd.

- paul finebaum

Responding to the blondie girl co host who said its great for college football brand to be back

How exactly are we bad for college football? Is it the turnover chain that he objects to? Is it the brotherhood, camaraderie and overall togetherness and family atmosphere? Is it academic all Americans like Braxton Berrios? Is it leaders and character guys like Shaquille Quarterman, Trent Harris, Jaquan Johnson, Malik Rosier, Michael Jackson and Berrios? Is it all the time Coach Richt, staff and players spend in the community?

I assume that the Florida Gators are good for college football with all of the arrests.

I assume FSU is great for college football because most of their players don't do their own class work.

I assume North Carolina is good for college football because of their academic integrity. Oh wait!

I assume Alabama is good for college football because of the fact that it is run like a professional sports franchise with about 50 assistant coaches.

I assume the SEC in generally is good for college football because they have a national network(ESPN) in their pocket to serve as their very own Public Relations firm while most every team in the conference is literally buying their players in plain view.

Got it!

Finebaum, like most of these SEC homers need to come out and say what they really mean "We hate Miami not because of what they do on the field, but because we don't like it when our minority athletes feel free to be themselves, and aren't dancing for massa" Just like whenever I hear "Thugs" in regards to our student-athletes, I know that the person is too gutless to say the N Word. Our student-athletes graduate, they are doing good in their communities, and are playing good football. Why would any rational person hate this team? Then again, Jimmy was graduating his kids at a high level, and they were active in the community back then too, so this isn't anything new.

Finebaum, like most of these SEC homers need to come out and say what they really mean "We hate Miami not because of what they do on the field, but because we don't like it when our minority athletes feel free to be themselves, and aren't dancing for massa" Just like whenever I hear "Thugs" in regards to our student-athletes, I know that the person is too gutless to say the N Word. Our student-athletes graduate, they are doing good in their communities, and are playing good football. Why would any rational person hate this team? Then again, Jimmy was graduating his kids at a high level, and they were active in the community back then too, so this isn't anything new.

I grew up in the South. The thing about race relations in most southern places isn't necessarily the overt racism. You actually see a lot of the real "ugly" racism in Northern states and cities (ahem, Boston). I lived in a small town in rural Appalachia that was basically segregated, but you didn't see a lot of the hostile racism. White folks were generally happy to help black folks, give them jobs, help out after a disaster like a fire/flood- as long as the black folk knew their place. The white folk would be proud of the black folk who "made something of themselves"- a black lawyer, doctor, or state trooper was highly respected. No one begrudged their success or thought, "Oh that black guy took my job because of affirmative action" (again, a sentiment I'd see in the north). But god forbid they or their children tried to date a white person or draw attention to themselves by doing things like demanding membership to the local country club. You see- that meant they were forgetting their place. And that brings me to why Finebaum and his Alabama ilk hate Miami. They don't see themselves as racist- they love the black kids on their team (and even respect the black kids on other SEC teams) because they understand their place in southern society. But then the "thugs" from Miami arrived on the scene in the 1980s and didn't just beat the good ol boys at the game they once ruled, but embarrassed them on national tv repeatedly. So that (and a bag of turds) is at the core of Finebaum and those like him. That ain't ever gonna change.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I grew up in the South. The thing about race relations in most southern places isn't necessarily the overt racism. You actually see a lot of the real "ugly" racism in Northern states and cities (ahem, Boston). I lived in a small town in rural Appalachia that was basically segregated, but you didn't see a lot of the hostile racism. White folks were generally happy to help black folks, give them jobs, help out after a disaster like a fire/flood- as long as the black folk knew their place. The white folk would be proud of the black folk who "made something of themselves"- a black lawyer, doctor, or state trooper was highly respected. No one begrudged their success or thought, "Oh that black guy took my job because of affirmative action" (again, a sentiment I'd see in the north). But god forbid they or their children tried to date a white person or draw attention to themselves by doing things like demanding membership to the local country club. You see- that meant they were forgetting their place. And that brings me to why Finebaum and his Alabama ilk hate Miami. They don't see themselves as racist- they love the black kids on their team (and even respect the black kids on other SEC teams) because they understand their place in southern society. But then the "thugs" from Miami arrived on the scene in the 1980s and didn't just beat the good ol boys at the game they once ruled, but embarrassed them on national tv repeatedly. So that (and a bag of turds) is at the core of Finebaum and those like him. That ain't ever gonna change.

WHOA **** YOU JUST SAID A LOT AND I LOVE EVERY BIT OF IT. BUT WE'LL GIVE THE BENEFIT OF DOUBT (I STILL BELIEVE THAT BECAUSE OUR FAN BASE AND BOT ARE MOSTLY DIFFERENT FROM THE NORM IN SOUTHERN SPORTS IS THE REASON BEHIND THE HATE) UNTIL THEY SHOW THAT THEY DON'T DESERVE IT.

He's playing to his main audience, conservative / good ole boy / hicks. Those types have hated/resented Miami for decades. If you think the worst Cane haters are at Notre Dame, FSU, or OSU, you are badly mistaken. Alabama is far worse than any other place. For them it's all about ideology, culture, and paranoid perceived threats to their place in the world. Football is just an extension of that, and as many people do know, their self esteem rests mostly on the ups and downs of the only thing they have... the tahd.

OU fans hate us the most from JJ's days. Bama's hate comes from our threat to the Bear legacy and all those NCs. It is about football not those meaningless other things you mention about trivial matters of culture and such. In Bama, football is not life and death, it is MUCH MORE important than that.

WHOA **** YOU JUST SAID A LOT AND I LOVE EVERY BIT OF IT. BUT WE'LL GIVE THE BENEFIT OF DOUBT (I STILL BELIEVE THAT BECAUSE OUR FAN BASE AND BOT ARE MOSTLY DIFFERENT FROM THE NORM IN SOUTHERN SPORTS IS THE REASON BEHIND THE HATE) UNTIL THEY SHOW THAT THEY DON'T DESERVE IT.

Time Bomb has much truth in his statement. My pop was from Bama. He always told me that the difference between the North and the South concerning blacks was that in the South if a black man came up to the kitchen door of a white home and said he was hungry, the woman of the house would sit him at the kitchen table and feed him whatever the family was eating that day. He made it clear it had to be the back door and not a seat at the dinning room table. Now up north, pop told me, the same black man would never make it to the door because those yankees would have already called the cops when they saw him on the street and he would be in jail or dead.

I have heard it said that we Southerners view our blacks as pets, maybe our favorite pets but still pets. The only good thing about that otherwise horrible view point, is that we usually treat our pets better than we treat many humans. Obviously these are generalizations and many Yankees would feed blacks and many Southerners never would and also are cruel to all animals, pets of otherwise. My point is merely that Bomb makes some valid observations.

As to me, I am American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God but Cane by His Almighty Mercy. GO CANES and kick everyone rears: , yankee, Catholic, Protestant, white, black or other, straight, , or confused as to identity, Republican, Democrat, Independent, right or left. It is all about this here U.

Advertisement

Some hate because of some form of racial thing, but it goes beyond that. It was that what we did was because of those kids and they were not beholden to the establishment and therefore free and dangerous to that establishment, the entire establishment. The hate crosses party lines and sectionalism. We are hated everywhere by everyone. You hit the nail on the hear about JJ and his teams. Very high graduation rate, on psu level and many times greater than Ole St Bobby, yet we were thugs. fsu had more thugs than we ever did. OSU was famous for it. ND, OSU, psu, and others were the same. They all ran up scores but we were vilified for it. The difference was those places were establishment and those team won because of the school, the boosters, the alum, state support and those coaches were bought and paid for. Our players did it despite the school and with different coach after different coach. They owed it to nobody and were not under control of anyone. That is why the entire establishment came down on us. It still took years, rule changes, completely reordering of college football and a monstrous short bit.... to beat us down. Now we are back and you can beat that if we win it all, Mark will not be treated as Preacher and media darling anymore. They will hate him like all Canes are hated.

Nail head meet hammer.

That said, one of the reasons Mark Richt was beloved in Georgia was because he was seen as “a good Christian”. Which is often dog whistle for “he’s one of us” (And “us don’t mean everybody”); that goes a long way in the south/SEC country. It’s different in the North (example used was Boston but obviously it extends beyond)...but it’s the same.

I used to work within the industry of NASCAR and you never heard fans talk about Earnhardt, Stewart, Gordon, Johnson, etc making too much money and the owners (Hendricks, Childress, etc) are revered. But, when they talk about the ball sports...”they make too much money”. You don’t hear that about O’Reilly or Maddow (opposites on the political spectrum); Eminem or Kid Rock; and certainly not Jolie or Pitt. Athletes are to be kept in “their place”.

Advertisement

I live in Alabama now and this is 100% spot-on. Excellent (and terrifyingly accurate) description of the culture.

He is just still mad about his dumpster fire prediction making him look like a dumpster.

They're scared because they're looking at how good The U looks in the middle of a rebuild. They must be thinking, what is going to happen in a couple of years. To them it's football Armeggedon.

Advertisement
We are about to drop the equivalence of an EMP device in the middle of the college football worlf

At the end of the day these are 20 yr old men playing a game. This guy is a real loser trying to bash any student athletes.

I was talking to miami fans - blonde girl

Oh you found some - finebaum

Did you see there stadium it was filled - blonde girl

Listen i dont want to get into it - finebaum

Advertisement
Back