2022 Miami is now #5 in the nation in avg. player ranking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
247 didn't exist or doesn't record the data from his first 5 seasons. So we have to make due with the information we have. Either way Mario inherited a way better Oregon program than Mike did. So you can't compare Mikes first seasons recruits with Marios. However, when both of them where clicking and winning pac-12 titles. Mario only recruited 1 more 5 star in the same time period.

I know 247 wasn't around then, but I pretty sure MaxPrep, SuperPrep, Tom Lemming were around. I've been following recruiting since 96, and I don't remember Oregon having these highly ranked classes with Bellotti.

I wanted him for his recruiting, ability to hire a strong staff and no bull**** approach. If he hires the right OC and DC then I’m getting exactly what I wanted.

Amen. It's amazing to see literally almost everyone miss the #1 benefit from hiring Mario. He had the weight, pull, influence and gravitas to get Miami to agree to fund, develop and support UM Football the way a 21st Century Championship program needs to be run in order to compete. These were the contractual demands UM had to agree to in order to hire him.

The FLOOR for Mario is that he revolutionizes the program from a top-down infrastructure perspective, and stocks the roster with A-list talent. The FLOOR.

Any "Cane fan" who in month #1 wants to spend his time fighting with every other single person in a thread in order to disparage our new coach without pause has a personally defect.

He is literally lying like a rotten politician ("Mario only got 2 commits so far!") and trying to will failure ("Our recruiting avg will PLUMMET if we sign [moving goalpost statement] any more guys, Mario is a corch!"), or insulting anyone who actually believes in our new coach ("your god Mario.")

And yeah, if it walks like a duck, it's a duck. Gator. I don't think it's irony he has the word "Gator" in his name. A little too close to home. Maybe it's deep down and subverted, but at the very least, he's anti-Miami in his heart. RVA, some people can only find joy in hating something. Miami doing well is that guy's worst nightmare. That's his thing. It doesn't make him a Cane by pretending he is never happy.

I'm a Cane. I'm a fan, I'm an alum, I am a supporter of the school and the program. That dude is our ENEMY, period. If you can't see it, that's cool too.

Last edited:
The Miami Hurricanes may not have the most quantity in their 2022 recruiting class, but UM does feature plenty of quality.

On Saturday, Miami added four-star edge rusher Cyrus Moss, who ranks as the No. 63 overall player in the country, to the class.

UM now has ten commitments in the 2022 cycle, which will end on Wednesday, February 2nd.

Miami’s class features nine 4-star prospects and one three-star prospect.

Those numbers add up to UM featuring an average class ranking of 92.65, which equates to the average player in the class representing a four-star prospect that ranks as the No. 185 overall player in the country.

The Hurricanes currently own the best average class ranking in the ACC. Here is a look at the top five average class rankings within the conference at this stage of the cycle:

- Miami: 92.65
- Clemson: 92.20
- North Carolina: 91.70
- Florida State: 89.89
- NC State: 87.03

How does Miami’s average class ranking compare to the rest of the country? UM’s average ranks fifth best in the country.

Here is a look at how that ranking shakes out:

- Alabama: 95.19
- Texas A&M: 94.61
- Ohio State: 94.33
- Georgia: 93.02

It is worth highlighting that the four programs have achieved that average with classes that are much bigger. Ohio State has the smallest quantity of that bunch with 21 commits. Texas A&M has the most with 28 commits.

Will UM’s average class ranking slip as they look to add more players to this 2022 class? That depends on how Miami finishes out on the traditional National Signing Day on February 2nd—particularly with local five-star defensive lineman Shemar Stewart.

Stewart currently ranks as the No. 9 overall player in the country and has a player grade of 99.42—which would clearly help Miami in the team recruiting rankings and boost their average class score.

Stewart isn’t the only recruit Miami is chasing over the next three weeks. Here is a look at the player grade for the targets UM is chasing in the 2022 cycle. Some players are long shots and some players UM has a legitimate shot to land:

- 5-star LB Harold Perkins: 99.61 grade
- 5-star DL Shemar Stewart: 99.42 grade
- 5-star OL Josh Conerly Jr.: 98.84 grade
- 4-star DE Omari Abor: 98.16 grade
- 4-star DL Christen Miller: 95.55 grade
- 4-star RB TreVonte' Citizen: 95.33 grade
- 4-star OL Dave Iuli: 92.35 grade
- 4-star LB TJ Dudley: 92.15 grade
- 4-star CB Jahlil Florence: 91.97 grade
- 4-star DL Gracen Halton: 90.57 grade
- 3-star DE R Mason Thomas: 88.70 grade
- 3-star DT Ahmad Moten: 87.49 grade
- 3-star DE Jack Pyburn: 84.77 grade

How will Miami close? The next few weeks are going to be fun to follow as the Hurricanes battle to add quantity while maintaining their quality.

Advertisement
The Miami Hurricanes may not have the most quantity in their 2022 recruiting class, but UM does feature plenty of quality.

On Saturday, Miami added four-star edge rusher Cyrus Moss, who ranks as the No. 63 overall player in the country, to the class.

UM now has ten commitments in the 2022 cycle, which will end on Wednesday, February 2nd.

Those numbers add up to UM featuring an average class ranking of 92.65, which equates to the average player in the class representing a four-star prospect that ranks as the No. 185 overall player in the country.

The Hurricanes currently own the best average class ranking in the ACC. Here is a look at the top five average class rankings within the conference at this stage of the cycle:

How does Miami’s average class ranking compare to the rest of the country? UM’s average ranks fifth best in the country.

It is worth highlighting that the four programs have achieved that average with classes that are much bigger. Ohio State has the smallest quantity of that bunch with 21 commits. Texas A&M has the most with 28 commits.

Will UM’s average class ranking slip as they look to add more players to this 2022 class? That depends on how Miami finishes out on the traditional National Signing Day on February 2nd—particularly with local five-star defensive lineman Shemar Stewart.

Stewart currently ranks as the No. 9 overall player in the country and has a player grade of 99.42—which would clearly help Miami in the team recruiting rankings and boost their average class score.

Stewart isn’t the only recruit Miami is chasing over the next three weeks. Here is a look at the player grade for the targets UM is chasing in the 2022 cycle. Some players are long shots and some players UM has a legitimate shot to land:

How will Miami close? The next few weeks are going to be fun to follow as the Hurricanes battle to add quantity while maintaining their quality.
I really do not care that much about grade's, historically they have a 60% chance of being near correct, and 40% chance of being dead wrong.
We are chasing 7 dl, 2ol, and 2lb, I do not feel Citizen or Florence will be on board. If we land 4dl, 1ol, and 1lb I will be happy regardless of who they are.

Advertisement
You can’t even field one side of the ball with the numbers we’re bringing in. Kids individually are good prospects. But u need 15-17 Hs kids imo to judge a HS class

I know 247 wasn't around then, but I pretty sure MaxPrep, SuperPrep, Tom Lemming were around. I've been following recruiting since 96, and I don't remember Oregon having these highly ranked classes with Bellotti.
None of those services have nearly the accuracy of 247.

Amen. It's amazing to see literally almost everyone miss the #1 benefit from hiring Mario. He had the weight, pull, influence and gravitas to get Miami to agree to fund, develop and support UM Football the way a 21st Century Championship program needs to be run in order to compete. These were the contractual demands UM had to agree to in order to hire him.

The FLOOR for Mario is that he revolutionizes the program from a top-down infrastructure perspective, and stocks the roster with A-list talent. The FLOOR.

Any "Cane fan" who in month #1 wants to spend his time fighting with every other single person in a thread in order to disparage our new coach without pause has a personally defect.

He is literally lying like a rotten politician ("Mario only got 2 commits so far!") and trying to will failure ("Our recruiting avg will PLUMMET if we sign [moving goalpost statement] any more guys, Mario is a corch!"), or insulting anyone who actually believes in our new coach ("your god Mario.")

And yeah, if it walks like a ducks, it's a duck. Gator. I don't think it's irony he has the word "Gator" in his name. A little too close to home. Maybe it's deep down and subverted, but at the very least, he's anti-Miami in his heart. RVA, some people can only find joy in hating something. Miami doing well is that guys worst nightmare. That's his thing. It doesn't make him a Cane by pretending he is never happy.

I'm a Cane. I'm a fan, I'm an alum, I am a supporter of the school and the program. That dude is our ENEMY, period. If you can't see it, that's cool too.
Never moved the goalposts. Your the one porsting schit like a gator. There is page after page after page in Gator tears making fun of threads like this. You are literally doing Gator Math in this thread.

Miami doing well would be great. Getting beat by an FCS school for kids is not doing well. Like I said before, we have very different definitions of success. If you think being a middling corstal team is success, then Mario is a home run hire.

Advertisement
this shouldn’t be a indictment on Mario. It’s the way Miami handled this szn since November. You fired your AD unceremoniously. Then had a head coach with no support already in limbo while you publicly court a coach who already had a job on the other side of the country. Basically throwing this szns recruiting cycle in the trash. There should be no surprise with the low numbers.

Yup. And I am sure in 5 more years. When we get a new corch and he takes another massive L. You will be back to criticizing anyone that talks schit about him. However, the stupid person, is you. Since you are very easily fooled
Who’s your preferred coach?

Advertisement
Never moved the goalposts. Your the one porsting schit like a gator. There is page after page after page in Gator tears making fun of threads like this. You are literally doing Gator Math in this thread.

Miami doing well would be great. Getting beat by an FCS school for kids is not doing well. Like I said before, we have very different definitions of success. If you think being a middling corstal team is success, then Mario is a home run hire.

Dude lol. Literally every single poster in here has put you through the wood chipper. Take a breath. Read the room. You're dead. Lying and twisting and making up false positions that others to suit your wishes and dreams is just a symptom of intellectual inferiority. When all the facts are right here for everyone to see, being completely full of crap is not a sound strategy, but you do you! But really, take a knee. We're sitting you.

Nick Offerman Shade GIF

This is real simple. Grab as many 5/4 stars as you can, take a chance on 1 or 2 lower rated kids you really like and then hit the portal for proven good quality kids (Rambo, Lichtenstein, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back