Miami in Good Shape for 5-Star Thomas

Thanks Pete, good stuff.

Hate that FSU is getting that last visit before signing day

real talk, I would guess 75% of a players final visits are where he signs, hope 6 don't fall in that category

Where did you come up with that 75percent nonsense?

It was guess, as I already stated. It seems to me in my years of following recruiting that the majority do sign with whom they last visited.
I would like to hear some others #s since mine is so far off?

I looked at last years class, of the 10 highest UM rated commits (scout) 7 had UM last visit, 3 did not.
hmmmmmm

How about the other kids who had us as the last visits....did they all sign with UM?
Look, I agree that alot of coaches like having the top recruits use them last, especially f$U which always
seems to maneuver themselves to have the top soFla kids visit them on the last recruiting weekend.
But I've yet to see overwhemingly favorable numbers for the schools that get the last visits.
And I've been following recruiting for a few years myself.

what % would you guess?

Advertisement
Something I would like to add... He is a really good and humble kid. He is a great interview and has a good attitude when doing it.

Guys like that usually listen to their mommas. He has always felt like a Cane to me despite his FSU interest.

People said over the summer he was going to FSU and it makes sense because Thomas has been adament that he wanted to play for a winning program. We showed enough on the field this year though IMO.

real talk, I would guess 75% of a players final visits are where he signs, hope 6 don't fall in that category

It was guess, as I already stated. It seems to me in my years of following recruiting that the majority do sign with whom they last visited.

I looked at last years class, of the 10 highest UM rated commits (scout) 7 had UM last visit, 3 did not.
hmmmmmm

How about the other kids who had us as the last visits....did they all sign with UM?
Look, I agree that alot of coaches like having the top recruits use them last, especially f$U which always
seems to maneuver themselves to have the top soFla kids visit them on the last recruiting weekend.
But I've yet to see overwhemingly favorable numbers for the schools that get the last visits.

what % would you guess?

To be fair, what relevance does it have? Every situation is different and having the last visit is less important than a host of other factors.

hmmmmmm

what % would you guess?

To be fair, what relevance does it have? Every situation is different and having the last visit is less important than a host of other factors.

cause it's a message board where we BS about meaningless things every day, and because several scoffed at my # yet can't provide one of their own???

Last edited:
Advertisement
Something I would like to add... He is a really good and humble kid. He is a great interview and has a good attitude when doing it.

Guys like that usually listen to their mommas. He has always felt like a Cane to me despite his FSU interest.

People said over the summer he was going to FSU and it makes sense because Thomas has been adament that he wanted to play for a winning program. We showed enough on the field this year though IMO.

Agree, I feel like we are a few pieces away from making it back to the BCS, Thomas is one of those pieces.

Thanks Pete, good stuff.

Yep, that's my only concern, and he's bringing his mom on that trip
Good, let his mom compare the size of FSU classes to those at UM. That's the main variant a mom would be interested in. I don't think his mom would care about comparing the training facilities at both programs.

How about just academic rank....FSU is a joke.

Advertisement
I want to read some academic, peer-reviewed, written by PhD's, high-level, published in some fancy scientific journal type **** before I go on thinking that three ******* quarters of all high school football recruits sign with the school they visited last.

Until then, I'm going to keep *********ing to the idea of Matthew Thomas in a 'Canes jersey, invading the FSU backfield next year and, figuratively or not, murdering their quarterback, **** Trickle, or whatever the **** his name is.

Thanks Pete, good stuff.

That number is way too high. Just thinking about our last week OVs over the years and our numbers might be somewhere around 20%.

Uncommitted kids who visited Miami the last week before NSD:

Darius Hamilton, Josh Harvey-Clemons, and Tracy Howard. Only Tracy signed. The year before that we went 0-6 with Brissett, Gosha, Terrell, Dubose, Lucien, and Mason Harris.

Advertisement
Thanks Pete, good stuff.

That number is way too high. Just thinking about our last week OVs over the years and our numbers might be somewhere around 20%.

Uncommitted kids who visited Miami the last week before NSD:

Darius Hamilton, Josh Harvey-Clemons, and Tracy Howard. Only Tracy signed. The year before that we went 0-6 with Brissett, Gosha, Terrell, Dubose, Lucien, and Mason Harris.

nvm that though

Thanks Pete, good stuff.

Yep, that's my only concern, and he's bringing his mom on that trip
Good, let his mom compare the size of FSU classes to those at UM. That's the main variant a mom would be interested in. I don't think his mom would care about comparing the training facilities at both programs.

But it also gives her a chance to spend time with her other son as well. I'm probably reaching here, I'd just feel a lot better if she wasn't going

Advertisement
He's taking his mom on the FSU visit and you're not worried?

When y'all bois gon learn to trust AG?

Is he gonna have to pull the top CB in the country out from under UF's nose?
Is he gonna have to go across country to snag the best JUCO TE in the country?
Is he gonna have to go grab a stud athletic DE out of the tampa area?
Is he gonna have to yoke two VT Commits from under their tree?

Oh wait...

He's taking his mom on the FSU visit and you're not worried?

When y'all bois gon learn to trust AG?

Is he gonna have to pull the top CB in the country out from under UF's nose?
Is he gonna have to go across country to snag the best JUCO TE in the country?
Is he gonna have to go grab a stud athletic DE out of the tampa area?
Is he gonna have to yoke two VT Commits from under their tree?

Oh wait...

To earn real trust, he's going to have to exceed expectations in terms of wins...

...and then do it with relative consistency. That's just the way it works.

Advertisement
Back