Miami Hurricanes Land Top JUCO Offensive Tackle Markel Bell

There is recent precedent for a guy that big to be successful.

IMG_3621.png

Advertisement
Exactly. You guys are nuts to think we should go into next year solely depending on Samson to be ready to go especially coming off an injury just because he was a 5*.. that’s the kind of nonsense past regimes would do and we would get burned every time. Samson will have his time. But rushing him isn’t the answer either. If Bell is as good as advertised, he’s one and done anyway.
Bell was definitely going to a place he can play right away that’s part of the deal imo.

Advertisement
Back in the day when we got off the bus as junior varsity at SW high Miami Fla we were like varsity seniors size . Chick , Jamie Boone and I plus our D click one day playing SD high on the road we got off the bus walked by some people saying.

They can’t be JV good Lord .

This is what were looking for right here boys DUDES BEASTS.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back in the day when we got off the bus as junior varsity at SW high Miami Fla we were like varsity seniors size . Chick , Jamie Boone and I plus our D click one day playing SD high on the road we got off the bus walked by some people saying.

They can’t be JV good Lord .

This is what were looking for right here boys DUDES BEASTS.

GOCANES
You're a good guy but this post took me 20 minutes to understand and i have two masters degrees.

Nothing like comparing high school jv days to modern day college football

Awesome news! I guess now the question has to be asked - how do you get Samson on the field as well? Can he play guard? Do you move Mauigoa to LG so Samson can kick right?
Listen, the reality is Sampson has a long way to go as far as development physically. I know some people don’t wanna believe that but that’s the reality. He’s got all the tools to get there but it’s gonna take him a couple years and that was before he got injured.

Advertisement
Francis, Samson, bell all on the line next year is going to ensure there’s minimal drop off when Lee, rivers, and cohen most likely leave
You need to replace Sampson with McCoy. Because odds are no ones beating out McCoy next year. Especially not Sampson.

Yeah I don’t know to me Mauigoa makes sense as a guard and could be dominating so that could open up

LT Bell
LG Mauigoa
C Lee or someone
RG Anez
RT Samson

Leaves McCoy and Kinsler as the next 2 which is obviously amazing if they stay after not potentially starting again (McCoy more than Kinsler)
Samsung is not beating out McCoy for that tackle spot next year. I know some of you get hung up on the rankings, but right now, Sampson isn’t near the tackle that McCoy is. McCoy will be one of our tackles next year unless he loses out to the Bell guy which I doubt.

Advertisement
Someone that knows the position better than I, any concerns about his ability to handle speed rushers?

Looking at the tape he’s obviously going against really weak competition but some of the speed rushers seem to get pretty close to getting passed him. I imagine P5 rushers that are even faster and more athletic will have more success.

Advertisement
Back