2024 Miami Hurricanes Land Five-Star Recruit Armondo Blount...Again

View as article
Also, hi again:

Soooooo, do stars matter again or nah? Excuse me; I’m just a hood ninja that be trying to keep up w/ some of ya’ll edumacated folks, b/c in July I believe we were convinced to not listen to the 247 nerds, & “stars don’t mean as much as evals, bro.” I also believe around that time that it was told that class rankings don’t matter, b/c they were subjective and biased; that evals > trumped class rankings, and we have an evaluator that’s top notch.

Yet, I continue to see this pesky desire to see our class rankings per commit from 247 in comparison to the teams up North. Again, I’m sorry, I just get so **** confused on what to believe or follow sometimes on this board.
Easy answer… the five stars the Miami gets are the best evaluated five stars. The others just aren’t.
ron burgundy anchorman GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement
Do we know which kids have set commitment dates on tv?

I’ll be curious which kids flip and when. I know they all want their moment but having one pop Sunday, Monday and then less into ESD would be nice. I guess it depends on who might be on a tv segment

Do we know which kids have set commitment dates on tv?

I’ll be curious which kids flip and when. I know they all want their moment but having one pop Sunday, Monday and then less into ESD would be nice. I guess it depends on who might be on a tv segment
Mincey gonna announce on his All American game, but he signs on ESD.

Last edited:
Also, hi again:

Soooooo, do stars matter again or nah? Excuse me; I’m just a hood ninja that be trying to keep up w/ some of ya’ll edumacated folks, b/c in July I believe we were convinced to not listen to the 247 nerds, & “stars don’t mean as much as evals, bro.” I also believe around that time that it was told that class rankings don’t matter, b/c they were subjective and biased; that evals > trumped class rankings, and we have an evaluator that’s top notch.

Yet, I continue to see this pesky desire to see our class rankings per commit from 247 in comparison to the teams up North. Again, I’m sorry, I just get so **** confused on what to believe or follow sometimes on this board.
So they don't eval the 4 and 5 stars?

Also the people doing the calculation are the same people who were crying about the eval picks, like you.

Pretty sure they are doing evals just the same or they would have been begging Jamari Howard to commit

Also, hi again:

Come on doggy!

You know how the grading system works.

But here’s a breakdown:

Class Rank 1-11 (ahead of rivals): “Stars Matter Bro”

Class Rank Top 11 but below rivals: “They got some reaches bro. I wouldn’t trade our class for theirs. 247 always ranks kids lower after they commit to us.”

Class Rank 12-20: “it’s about evals bro, the ranking system is dumb, this kid just started playing football last year. I got a buddy from the area who watched him (our rivals 5 star) vs our guy (3 star gem dog) and he said our guy dominated. Tape don’t lie bro.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
I never understand why grown men feel the need to ridicule the decisions a 16-17 year old kid does for a little attention. This young man might not make the best decisions yet but he is an absolute freak physically and will probably mature just a little both physically and mentally over the next 3-4 years especially with real mentors in his life. Thats just my opinion of course...

I never understand why grown men feel the need to ridicule the decisions a 16-17 year old kid does for a little attention. This young man might not make the best decisions yet but he is an absolute freak physically and will probably mature just a little both physically and mentally over the next 3-4 years especially with real mentors in his life. Thats just my opinion of course...
New avatar pic? 🤔

Advertisement
Also, hi again:

Both can be true. The evaluation system with these sites are corrupted, a joke and done by idiots. That being said, every coach and program still wants as many blue chippers as possible and targeting to crack top tier class. Perception is reality and if you’re constantly recruiting at a top 10 basis, then your program should be doing well, in theory.

Truer words have never been spoken here

Advertisement
Welcome back!
There are a few of us, that really appreciate what you bring to this board!
Thank you…

Even though we’ll probably lose this kid to the portal in a year or two anyways, I want to flip him for the optics and because F^CK FSU.
We could lose any kid on our roster to the portal…I don’t know why everyone is so caught up on Blount transfering out in a couple years when half of the kids on the roster will test them portal waters before it’s all set and done…

Advertisement
Also, hi again:

Follow the stars and ranking like a man is my answer. They're there and superficially important for national exposure but will never ultimately mean **** without development on the field. Lord knows our list of undeveloped players is long.

Never get your calculator out like the Gators do. Never.

This board and our fanbase is not a barometer to measure anything against lol. Ever.

Are grown men who do this or follow kids on social media actually grown? When you dig deeper....lol

Advertisement
Back