2024 Miami Hurricanes Land Five-Star Recruit Armondo Blount...Again

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Let’s be real, it deserved to be mocked. No need to bash or bring it up because at the time it was bleak.Mario got 80Ms to recruit and land the best talent. He wasn’t doing that this summer.

**** of a job by coach to get it right! Let’s go get our QB & end this HS cycle with Mincey, Lucas, Lyle & Blount.
Premature conflagration.

Have we factored in potential losses of Shavers, Rudolph, Riley (hopefully not)... still a possibility miami lands Lyle, Smith, Mincey though so hopefully still a top 5 class once the dust settles...

Advertisement
Have we factored in potential losses of Shavers, Rudolph, Riley (hopefully not)... still a possibility miami lands Lyle, Smith, Mincey though so hopefully still a top 5 class once the dust settles...
Yes most people counting have already counted the potential losses

You can never turn down a guy rated that high but he's really over rated n not that good. I hope the kid proves me wrong but I just don't see it

Really don't get the " overrated" part. Young men with his size and athletic ability are rare. They're also like kryptonite for running QBs and the key to so many different defensive blitz,stunt, and coverage packages because he can flat out rum, and while obviously he's no workout warrior at his age and physique, the clay is there for a coach to mold and his clay is of the best pedigree

It's a coaches job to make him what you DONT see in him. Can't overrated an unfinished product just the clay. The clay is 5 star my guy. No way you can't see that from size and ability to run alone.

Advertisement
Google 247 Miami class calculator, should be a helpful resource.

Also, hi again:

Soooooo, do stars matter again or nah? Excuse me; I’m just a hood ninja that be trying to keep up w/ some of ya’ll edumacated folks, b/c in July I believe we were convinced to not listen to the 247 nerds, & “stars don’t mean as much as evals, bro.” I also believe around that time that it was told that class rankings don’t matter, b/c they were subjective and biased; that evals > trumped class rankings, and we have an evaluator that’s top notch.

Yet, I continue to see this pesky desire to see our class rankings per commit from 247 in comparison to the teams up North. Again, I’m sorry, I just get so **** confused on what to believe or follow sometimes on this board.

Really don't get the " overrated" part. Young men with his size and athletic ability are rare. They're also like kryptonite for running QBs and the key to so many different defensive blitz,stunt, and coverage packages because he can flat out rum, and while obviously he's no workout warrior at his age and physique, the clay is there for a coach to mold and his clay is of the best pedigree

It's a coaches job to make him what you DONT see in him. Can't overrated an unfinished product just the clay. The clay is 5 star my guy. No way you can't see that from size and ability to run alone.
Look at 5 stars on film. They basically all pop off the screen. You can point them out w/o knowing who they are. This kid just doesn't pop on film.

I hope he's a monster if he comes here but I just done see it at this point.

Advertisement
The Stone commitment put me on a period. So I said some **** tbh

And I can understand that.

I was certainly confused this summer, as there was a disconnect between our recruiting effort, our obvious positional NEEDS, and the actual outcomes of certain battles.

But that is flipping now, literally and figuratively.

Also, hi again:

Soooooo, do stars matter again or nah? Excuse me; I’m just a hood ninja that be trying to keep up w/ some of ya’ll edumacated folks, b/c in July I believe we were convinced to not listen to the 247 nerds, & “stars don’t mean as much as evals, bro.” I also believe around that time that it was told that class rankings don’t matter, b/c they were subjective and biased; that evals > trumped class rankings, and we have an evaluator that’s top notch.

Yet, I continue to see this pesky desire to see our class rankings per commit from 247 in comparison to the teams up North. Again, I’m sorry, I just get so **** confused on what to believe or follow sometimes on this board.

I'll say this, @Rellyrell ...

The origin of "stars don't matter" came 20 years ago, when the recruiting services were less consistent, and more subject to "falling for the hype".

I think that stars are becoming "more relevant" today because the rankings are slowly getting better. And it is NOT because Rivals/247/on3 have finally learned some magical information about how to evaluate football players.

Right now, Power 5 schools are devoting unprecedented resources to scouting and talent identification. In turn, as Rivals/247/on3 catch whiffs of who the Power 5 coaches are truly pursuing, it gets reflected in their rankings more than it did 20 years ago, when certain recruits were just hypebeasts since their freshman year growth spurts.

As a bit of additional evidence, it is hard to find many "fell through the cracks" talented players who immediately make an impact as college freshmen. Sometimes you get lucky finding foreign-born players. Other times, you might sign a lower-ranked player who eventually blossoms as a junior after hitting the weight room and building early playing time. But there are very few "where did that freshman All-American come from?" types anymore, because the P5 is identifying them, and the recruiting services are reporting them.

Just my 2 cents.

7-12 was my prediction. I always expected top 10. I just didn’t see top 5. Which we still need a great finish to get there. Right now it’s more about the quantity keeping us at 5.

Yeah, there are probably 3 or 4 blue-chippers who, if we flip them, put this class firmly in the Top 5 on quality as well as quantity.

And assuming the rest of the Top 5 doesn't close quite as strongly as we do.

Also, hi again:

serious breaking bad GIF

Advertisement
Back