2024 Miami Hurricanes Land Five-Star Recruit Armondo Blount...Again

View as article
Advertisement
Yeah man. CFB is so fluid the outlook can change in a matter of weeks/days. Nothing wrong with calling it how you see it. **** even @Cribby was predicting a 12-14 finish after Stone debacle….
7-12 was my prediction. I always expected top 10. I just didn’t see top 5. Which we still need a great finish to get there. Right now it’s more about the quantity keeping us at 5.

Doesnt matter, u shyyt on the tallahassee bums and it looks good in the rankings and throw them out of a inner city feeder school.

It does when this fan base just said he’s not that good after he flipped, so I’m trying to see if I should be excited about the caliber of player vs. optics. So one minute he was a beast, & the next he was overrated. Just lemme know which one it is.

7-12 was my prediction. I always expected top 10. I just didn’t see top 5. Which we still need a great finish to get there. Right now it’s more about the quantity keeping us at 5.
My apologizes, I was off a few spots. Either way feels good to finally be on the opposite end of these late season closes.

It does when this fan base just said he’s not that good after he flipped, so I’m trying to see if I should be excited about the caliber of player vs. optics. So one minute he was a beast, & the next he was overrated. Just lemme know which one it is.
Same guys dogged hurts. How did that turn out?

Advertisement
Does anyone know how TF these scores actually work? Like I get it that 2008 class was #1 because we had so many recruits but just for sake of example, a score of 290+ likely guarantees a spot in the top 5 looking at the last 10 or so classes overall.

We are at 279. If we get Mincey and Blount that puts us at 293 with 30 commits. If we then drop, flip academic casualty whatever Shavers, Fredrique, Russel, and Thomas, we have 26 commits and only drop to 291.79. **** even losing Rudolph and Pickett only drops us to 288 which is good for top 5 some years and now we are at 24 commits. I dont know how they calculate but I think the more players you have you get a weighted average to try and dispense with people having huge classes and moving up the ranks. It helps for sure but having a class of 50 3* I do not think will get you in the top 10 even though the quantity is there.

I still don’t think he’s that good but anything for Nike tears I’m with it. I’m not super high on him as a prospect hope I’m wrong but I don’t see it.

Does anyone know how TF these scores actually work? Like I get it that 2008 class was #1 because we had so many recruits but just for sake of example, a score of 290+ likely guarantees a spot in the top 5 looking at the last 10 or so classes overall.

We are at 279. If we get Mincey and Blount that puts us at 293 with 30 commits. If we then drop, flip academic casualty whatever Shavers, Fredrique, Russel, and Thomas, we have 26 commits and only drop to 291.79. **** even losing Rudolph and Pickett only drops us to 288 which is good for top 5 some years and now we are at 24 commits. I dont know how they calculate but I think the more players you have you get a weighted average to try and dispense with people having huge classes and moving up the ranks. It helps for sure but having a class of 50 3* I do not think will get you in the top 10 even though the quantity is there.
Nah the rankings were more in the early stages and weren’t as accurate like they are now. There still be busts though but there are some guys where you know they legit. Same as the nfl draft

Advertisement
Nah the rankings were more in the early stages and weren’t as accurate like they are now. There still be busts though but there are some guys where you know they legit. Same as the nfl draft
I agree bro but nah not that I was only speaking on people having the argument that "quantity" boosts class rankings which I think has been fixed. Really the last sentence of Cribs comment where he says its the quantity keeping us in the top 5. Yet when you drop 5-7 commits, we only go down a point or two. That seems wild to me where the math doesnt work so I think they have a weird weighted average so quantity does not matter as much.

Obviously if we lose guys like Carr or Trader etc. we drop much further and thats to be expected but I do not think the bottom of our class is bolstering our ranking based on the figures I laid out.

I seen many things written on here by alot of man. Like Bro style Mario cant recruit WRs. And it seems he can recruit DEs but not high level DTs. But we still here. Personally never gave a take on this kids game as i wasnt sure where he was leaning, but one thing as always been clear. We cannot allow FSU or UF to get a foothold down here in our feeder schools. The ghost of Dalvin Cook will always be there and in that aspect i been clear, get him to fook them. Also why i wanted us to drop some of these lower rated players and take McCoy instead

Its pretty damning the Norvell can go 13-0, Mario can't coach and is 12-12 in his first two years at UM, and kids would rather play for Mario.
I agree. But Norvell was 8-13 in his first two years. Gotta adjust the stats to be equal. Mario needs to win much bigger moving forward though. That's when the recruiting is going to really take off and get fun.

Advertisement
1702598349112.png

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

Advertisement
I agree bro but nah not that I was only speaking on people having the argument that "quantity" boosts class rankings which I think has been fixed. Really the last sentence of Cribs comment where he says its the quantity keeping us in the top 5. Yet when you drop 5-7 commits, we only go down a point or two. That seems wild to me where the math doesnt work so I think they have a weird weighted average so quantity does not matter as much.

Obviously if we lose guys like Carr or Trader etc. we drop much further and thats to be expected but I do not think the bottom of our class is bolstering our ranking based on the figures I laid out.
The math does work though and it’s based on a bell curve distribution model. When you have 25 commits or more dropping a 3 or 2 will only cost you a couple points, maybe only one.

It's definitely weighted. The more high ranked guys you sign, the less weight the lower ranked guys have. If you add Blount, Lyle and mincey, you can drop the bottom 11 guys and still be around 289.

Advertisement
Back