2024 Miami Hurricanes Land Five-Star Recruit Armondo Blount...Again

View as article
Advertisement
Weren’t you mocking Mario’s recruiting a few months ago?
Let’s be real, it deserved to be mocked. No need to bash or bring it up because at the time it was bleak.Mario got 80Ms to recruit and land the best talent. He wasn’t doing that this summer.

**** of a job by coach to get it right! Let’s go get our QB & end this HS cycle with Mincey, Lucas, Lyle & Blount.

Advertisement
Let’s be real, it deserved to be mocked. No need to bash or bring it up because at the time it was bleak.Mario got 80Ms to recruit and land the best talent. He wasn’t doing that this summer.

**** of a job by coach to get it right! Let’s go get our QB & end this HS cycle with Mincey, Lucas, Lyle & Blount.

Look, you know I love ya, but this is not right.

Mario is consistent. He just keeps recruiting. He didn't do anything to "get it right" except for getting to the logical conclusion of a very long effort.

Does 5-7/7-5 make it a bit harder, and cause him to have to take the long approach? Sure, maybe.

But all we had a few months ago was an INCOMPLETE scorecard. Not "bad" recruiting, just incomplete recruiting.

Mario never stops, he never gives up. May not look pretty in June, looks beautiful in December.

1702594837485.png

Miss me with that narrative. Being real is waiting closer to December to see what we are doing. Sometimes it is better to shut up and let this staff work.

Advertisement

hes gotta defend him like hes his son. you were right. at the time, it sucked. now, its what Mario does in recruiting. no reason you can't change your mind based on current events. in September, Mario and co looked like they turned the corner as coaches. in November, were horrible. we could be really good next year w a certain QB too.

Advertisement
Look, you know I love ya, but this is not right.

Mario is consistent. He just keeps recruiting. He didn't do anything to "get it right" except for getting to the logical conclusion of a very long effort.

Does 5-7/7-5 make it a bit harder, and cause him to have to take the long approach? Sure, maybe.

But all we had a few months ago was an INCOMPLETE scorecard. Not "bad" recruiting, just incomplete recruiting.

Mario never stops, he never gives up. May not look pretty in June, looks beautiful in December.

View attachment 271858
You’re right man. Can’t argue there.

Mario is relentless and Im all in.

Miss me with that narrative. Being real is waiting closer to December to see what we are doing. Sometimes it is better to shut up and let this staff work.
I agree, you were right the whole time. Just saying it’s not “wrong” to be subjective. Only ones wrong are the people who are still moping to this day.

Advertisement
Mario never changed just people’s perceptions of him. I wasn’t panicking like some hysterical CIS guys even when the product on the field was below acceptable and the class ranking was in the high teens. I knew he’d do what he does and just keep building. We laugh at the brick by brick expression because it’s got a Al Golden stench to it. But that’s truly Mario. He will grind and grind and grind until all blockers are removed from his path to success. The man is relentless.

hes gotta defend him like hes his son. you were right. at the time, it sucked. now, its what Mario does in recruiting. no reason you can't change your mind based on current events. in September, Mario and co looked like they turned the corner as coaches. in November, were horrible. we could be really good next year w a certain QB too.
Yeah man. CFB is so fluid the outlook can change in a matter of weeks/days. Nothing wrong with calling it how you see it. **** even @Cribby was predicting a 12-14 finish after Stone debacle….

Advertisement
Back