Miami Hurricane Portal and Draft Entrants (updated 11/29)

Advertisement
Bummed about Chaney. Disgusted that Van Diick wouldn't even wait until after the bowl game. I was a fan. Zero respect left.

p.s. Best of luck to Harvey, Flagg and Don. They all seemed unselfish and great teammates
Couldn’t disagree more. Better for it to happen now for all parties involved. Miami can prep to put the full court press on QBs that fit Dawson's system. This also allows TVD to know who his suitors will be. TVD is going into his last year, he needs to put himself in the best situation possible.

Advertisement
That's why TVD played well the last couple games. He was trying to improve his portal stock. 😳
Keanu Reeves Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Was waiting for the mods to set it up ... i'll make the first attempt, if not, lock it up pls

11/27
Jahfari Harvey
Don Chaney
Corey Flagg
Tyler Van Dyke
Jonathan Denis ** (no announcement/tweet)
Jamil Burroughs ** (dismissed)
I haven’t seen anywhere where it says Jamil Burroughs is transferring or was dismissed. Is that a rumor or a fact?

they took that picture together at BC because they knew it was their last together

X is smart, he's the #1 receiver at the school near his family, he ain't leaving
Yes and also... Why the eff would be follow Tyler anywhere? It's not like they came here together or had a relationship before he got here.

Advertisement
Chaney is going to land somewhere nice. Kid is talented and produces. Outside of the fake fumble during the GT game, Chaney has never fumbled in his UM career. That's 175 carries with 4.5 ypc. Dudes talking about Chaney like he's a scrub or JAG.

*If*, and that's a big if, he can stay healthy I can see Chaney rushing for 800+ as a RB1. Nice blend of speed, vision, and ankle flexibility. Just needs to put more of an emphasis on adding more power to his game.

Last edited:
I thought Chaney played pretty well this season but I think this is a necessary move to inject that new blood into the RB rotation.
I’ve been saying since the start of the year Chaney would be leaving. Parish too but imo that’s NFL.

Chaney was our best back as a whole imo this year, but not by much. But A) you don’t want to rely on him being healthy. b) he basically was in the same role as Fletcher - and obviously I’m gunna choose the guy that’s a true frosh over the 4th year guy.

RB imo is a position you fully expect guys to leave after 3 years. Chaney was in year 4 this yr. Expecting him back for year 5 as not even a guaranteed starter just didn’t make much sense. Rb you are perfectly fine being young.

Advertisement
@Cane4life18 Nate is the type of player that would add a special dynamic to Dawson offense. Your face palming makes no sense.

He will be a top portal QB, and we should absolutely be in his ear. You trippin' like **** my guy.

@Cane4life18 Nate is the type of player that would add a special dynamic to Dawson offense. Your face palming makes no sense.

He will be a top portal QB, and we should absolutely be in his ear. You trippin' like **** my guy.
Down the road could be good but I wouldn’t risk next year on him and he is looking to start

Advertisement
Back