Miami Hurricane Portal and Draft Entrants (updated 11/29)

@Cane4life18 Nate is the type of player that would add a special dynamic to Dawson offense. Your face palming makes no sense.

He will be a top portal QB, and we should absolutely be in his ear. You trippin' like **** my guy.
Why would he leave App. State to ride the ride the bench here? Also, why did we bring in CJ last year?

Advertisement
Chaney is going to land somewhere nice. Kid is talented and produces. Outside of the fake fumble during the GT game, Chaney has never fumbled in his UM career. That's 175 carries with 4.5 ypc. Dudes talking about Chaney like he's a scrub or JAG.

*If*, and that's a big if, he can stay healthy I can see Chaney rushing for 800+ as a RB1. Nice blend of speed, vision, and ankle flexibility. Just needs to put more of an emphasis adding more power to his game.
Don't think anyone is acting like Chaney is a scrub. But it also won't really hurt too much for him to leave us. Imo his injury history is my biggest reason for not REALLY wanting him to return. If I were confident he'd be healthy, I'd say keep him and have him start the year. As things stand with his injuries, I think going with the young guys makes more sense. And for him, obviously he wants to be somewhere he thinks he's going to start and/or maybe only split carries with 1 other guy - don't think thats happening here.

Advertisement
Nathaniel Noel, RB at App. State.

I don't want Johnson though, you might as well keep Jaccuri who's been in our offense for a year already.

You trippin. You got no reason to not want Johnson and no reason to compare him to Jacurri. He is a take. Period.

You trippin. You got no reason to not want Johnson and no reason to compare him to Jacurri. He is a take. Period.
Johnson isn't that good bro. He's just a faster version of Jaccuri. Dynamic runner who's a inaccurate and inconsistent passer. No, thank you. Hard pass on Johnson.

Bummed about Chaney. Disgusted that Van Diick wouldn't even wait until after the bowl game. I was a fan. Zero respect left.

p.s. Best of luck to Harvey, Flagg and Don. They all seemed unselfish and great teammates

Don lost a step and TVD needs to let his intentions be known or get left behind.

I feel confident we'll have better players in both rooms next season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don't think anyone is acting like Chaney is a scrub. But it also won't really hurt too much for him to leave us. Imo his injury history is my biggest reason for not REALLY wanting him to return. If I were confident he'd be healthy, I'd say keep him and have him start the year. As things stand with his injuries, I think going with the young guys makes more sense. And for him, obviously he wants to be somewhere he thinks he's going to start and/or maybe only split carries with 1 other guy - don't think thats happening here.
Getting away from uhealth might be best thing for his career tho.. @rok

Advertisement
Inaccurate based on what? Show me the film you've assessed.
He started the season on the bench as Bryson Barnes backup then got some PT but performed so poor he ended up getting benched again for Barnes. Like I said before, give me a break. Lol

His stats in games he played.
Vs. WEB: 13/21, 193yds, 1TD, 55.7 QBR
Vs. UCLA: 9/17, 117yds, 1 TD, 40.6 QBR
Vs. Oregon St., 8/23, 101, 1TD, 8.9 QBR

The guy he got benched for had 12TDs/9ints on the season. That should tell you all you need to know. We have a Nate Johnson on our roster. His name is Jaccuri Brown.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back