Miami Hurricane Portal and Draft Entrants (updated 11/29)

Advertisement
It definitely helps us. Now dudes know there's an opening. No indecision behind that. Last year it cost us because we knew he was flirting with other schools & so did other qbs. Nothing was set in stone though. Now he's in the portal though so dudes know exactly where they stand with us. If imagine bama and now same come at him again.

Mario said he won’t be held hostage this time around. Good to make these guys make decisions early in the transfer window

Do we care about a pointless bowl game or do we care about next season? TVD declaring the portal early erases any hint of a QB1 battle for anyone in the portal who might be interested in us. We can do the full court press on transfers as early as possible now.

Holds grudges for what? If anything, TVD did UM dirty, especially considering what happened with Bama. He explored his options during/after spring ball and then supposedly committed, only to back out temporarily a few months later when Bama called and only “committed” again after shaking down Miami.

Benson is a completely different story as we can likely assume he wanted to follow Mario and Mario didn’t trust the injury history and/or felt he had enough at RB at UM and needed to use the Benson RB spot at another position
"Good TVD" balling out against us would be fairly embarrassing after the last two years of everything being his fault and would look damning for Mario's stellar QB killer reputation...

Do you really think that was the case? The way this team played in terms of never giving up makes me doubt it. I can see a few guys maybe aren't the best of friends but to have a situation where "Manny's guys" and "Mario's guys" create enough friction for it to be a team issue especially after the mass exodus after the 2022 season seems a bit far fetched to me. I can see issues yes but not because someone is a Manny guy and another is a Mario guy. I'm not buying it.
I have no clue, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was friction (maybe not the right word choice here). Talk to any player (especially upperclassmen) who has been in a program during a coaching change, and there is a real sense of "feeling" like you're one of the coach's guys vs. not being one of his guys.

Again, I have no idea about the locker room culture at Miami, but it wouldn't surprise me that some guys saw themselves as belonging while viewing other guys as just sticking around.

Advertisement
TVD gone? Hate to say it but good. Would have won at least 2 more games without him. Kinda wishing he'd gone to Bama last summer. Chaney leaving stinks. Was hoping to see him stick it out after we rehabbed him the last few years.

I know it isn’t shocking but I was told JW and Kam are both declaring.

Advertisement
Do we care about a pointless bowl game

Doesn't this new rule make all bowl games pointless if massive amounts of players are transferring? Between guys sitting out for the NFL and guys transferring nobody is going to watch a bowl game.

Advertisement
I thought you were permanently done with this program weeks ago??? You just came back to take some cheap shots at those who are leaving/getting pushed out?

And why the **** should TVD risk injury in a meaningless bowl game to entertain ****-for-brains fans like you who have done nothing but **** on him for 3 years? Flagg, Harvey, Chaney only care about themselves, too? Or are they making the best decisions for themselves and their careers?

Go have a few dozen more Coronas...
Yes I am done with this program as long as Mario is HC. But I could still post on a free message board right?

Van Dyke sucks. Don’t give a **** about the guy at all. Those who left aka Chaney Flagg and Harvey I wish all the luck too.

Kindly **** off little man. The alcohol jokes you all have are absolutely horrendous. Find better material.

Do you really think that was the case? The way this team played in terms of never giving up makes me doubt it. I can see a few guys maybe aren't the best of friends but to have a situation where "Manny's guys" and "Mario's guys" create enough friction for it to be a team issue especially after the mass exodus after the 2022 season seems a bit far fetched to me. I can see issues yes but not because someone is a Manny guy and another is a Mario guy. I'm not buying it.

Maybe not explicit but I could see a tension between the old culture and new culture, especially when your head coach kept harping about a change in culture that was desperately needed to turn things around. Manny's guys that stuck around were still part of that old culture so theses guys probably had to work extra hard to convince others they were not part of that problem. I could envision a bit of resentment when things would go south and a bit of finger pointing perhaps but that is purely speculation on my part.

Doesn't this new rule make all bowl games pointless if massive amounts of players are transferring? Between guys sitting out for the NFL and guys transferring nobody is going to watch a bowl game.
For sure, the bowl games continue to diminish in importance. Wait until next year when the 12 team playoffs start, then we will really see it.

Advertisement
Yes I am done with this program as long as Mario is HC. But I could still post on a free message board right?

Van Dyke sucks. Don’t give a **** about the guy at all. Those who left aka Chaney Flagg and Harvey I wish all the luck too.

Kindly **** off little man. The alcohol jokes you all have are absolutely horrendous. Find better material.

Lol. I hear Trailerhassee has room on their bandwagon. Don't fall off.....

Advertisement
Back