Miami herald buzz 11-10

Wait a Got Damm Minute. Does our BOT and Admin forget how the Media was slobbering all over the 2000 and 2001 teams about how they were cleaned up and respectable versus the bad boys of the 80's and early 90's. I distinctively remember announcers talking about those teams and crediting Butch and Larry for the amazing job they did in cleaning up the program as well as how the team conducted itself.

It also must be pointed out and reminded that Butch came in after a horrific scandal and not only rebuilt this program but cleaned it up "Reputation" wise in the process.

Donna Shalala can ROT in muther fuggin ****...beotch!!! So glad that beotch is gone

Advertisement
Miami herald buzz 11-10

A UM official who was close with former president Donna Shalala said it was obvious speaking to her that she felt strongly that Butch Davis should not be considered if the UM job opened. But with Shalala now working at the Clinton Foundation, UM has been taking a fresh look at Davis, examining the circumstances that led to his firing at North Carolina and evaluating his viability as a candidate, according to multiple sources.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

And you wonder why Butch left for the NFL in 2000-2001. He couldn't take that little troll effin up stuff.

Shalala is just horrendous. Also remember, she picked Randy f'in Shannon over Butch when Butch was ready, willing, and available, and still in the thick of his prime years.

Just think about that. She picked Randy Shannon over Butch Davis.

She got exactly what she wanted -- destruction of the program. Butch had already reborn the program and returned it to glory. That was the last thing the Whale wanted. Our hope it that Frenk wants to SWAGGER a little -- that letter he sent out gave me a little hope. I've never seen a Miami president defend the program before.

Plus it made her Georgetown ****tail party crowd happy . Don't underestimate how badly she wanted to hire RS for those PC reasons

No question Randy was her prize house n........

jeebus, can we say it differently?

Sure we could, but that is how her kind think. It is not intended as anything against Randy. It is about her attitude.

Shalala is just horrendous. Also remember, she picked Randy f'in Shannon over Butch when Butch was ready, willing, and available, and still in the thick of his prime years.

She got exactly what she wanted -- destruction of the program. Butch had already reborn the program and returned it to glory. That was the last thing the Whale wanted. Our hope it that Frenk wants to SWAGGER a little -- that letter he sent out gave me a little hope. I've never seen a Miami president defend the program before.

Plus it made her Georgetown ****tail party crowd happy . Don't underestimate how badly she wanted to hire RS for those PC reasons

Dude, wtf?

Why don't these billionaire donors like Miller, Fein, etc put up the few extra million it would take to hire a real ****ing coach? Seriously. If they're "passionate" about UM football, why don't they each pony up just a couple extra million to get Chip Kelly down here??

If $4 million per year is our theoretical "ceiling", why can't these tycoons cough up the extra $10 million it would take to give the new coach a $6 million per year deal for 5 years? They wouldn't even notice the missing $$$.

For real though. Once you have that much money, money makes itself.

Advertisement

Dude, wtf?

Maybe i should have explained. That is how I believed she saw him; libs like her actually think that way. I thought the Georgetown context would have made my intention clear.

It was not aimed at Randy. He is Cane and family. **** I grew up near Norland and my brother and sisters went there. I think a lot of Onion as a man and Cane; just not very good head coach.

Maybe a stupid statement/question but... How would you react/feel if you were Butch knowing that you're the "fall back" option? Part of me would want to tell them to pound sand and start looking for another gig and kick the crap out of us. Hopefully this is all media BS and I obviously know nothing just a thought. I'm personally in the BBB camp and I hope one of the earlier post a couple of days is accurate and he's in contract talks with us now but who knows..

That's why I think he's not the last resort - but our next coach.

There is not one, single, tangible reason to announce right now. Not one.

It won't help recruiting, it won't help our team finish the season, and allows him to also finish his contractual obligations through the regular season with ESPN.

Maybe a stupid statement/question but... How would you react/feel if you were Butch knowing that you're the "fall back" option? Part of me would want to tell them to pound sand and start looking for another gig and kick the crap out of us. Hopefully this is all media BS and I obviously know nothing just a thought. I'm personally in the BBB camp and I hope one of the earlier post a couple of days is accurate and he's in contract talks with us now but who knows..

It won't help recruiting, it won't help our team finish the season, and allows him to also finish his contractual obligations through the regular season with ESPN.

Ok so do you really believe, truly believe, that Butch Davis would be better than Chip Kelly? Than Mike Gundy? Than Chuck Pagano? He's 63 years old and hasn't won double digits in 15 years.

Advertisement

Ok so do you really believe, truly believe, that Butch Davis would be better than Chip Kelly? Than Mike Gundy? Than Chuck Pagano? He's 63 years old and hasn't won double digits in 15 years.

I've seen the Utah Urban Meyer spread type innovation, the Chip Kelly fast offense machine type innovations before.

You won't remember, but in the '70's and '80's, there was a new offense called the Wishbone - started in Texas and perfected at Oklahoma. It produced a record NCAA rushing average of 472 yards in 1971.

So Urban spreads, Chip goes uptempo, puts up lots of offense, but can't defend all that well. If you're in on the innovation - or gimmick - you roll for quite a while as it takes a bit for defenses to catch up.

But they do catch up.

Is Butch better than Chip Kelly? Chip has done some things Butch hasn't, and Butch has done some things Chip hasn't.

Only a snot rag would consider 63 a problem.

By your standard, at this moment - you're as good as you'll ever get - and everything past today is a slide downhill.

****, that's dumb.

I've seen the Utah Urban Meyer spread type innovation, the Chip Kelly fast offense machine type innovations before.

You won't remember, but in the '70's and '80's, there was a new offense called the Wishbone - started in Texas and perfected at Oklahoma. It produced a record NCAA rushing average of 472 yards in 1971.

So Urban spreads, Chip goes uptempo, puts up lots of offense, but can't defend all that well. If you're in on the innovation - or gimmick - you roll for quite a while as it takes a bit for defenses to catch up.

But they do catch up.

Is Butch better than Chip Kelly? Chip has done some things Butch hasn't, and Butch has done some things Chip hasn't.

By your standard, at this moment - you're as good as you'll ever get - and everything past today is a slide downhill.

****, that's dumb.

That's typically how it works in coaching. Otherwise Bobby Bowden would still be coaching the Semenholes with Mickey Andrews and Chuck Amato.

You didn't answer the question. The funny thing is your Butch obsession is seemingly having the opposite effect on some more rational fans; to me, if a bunch of angry guys with closed minds towards all other candidates are so caught up in a guy whose last great season was 15 years ago, it makes me awfully wary of that guy as a legit candidate.

It's honestly just weird. I love and respect Butch but he's like the Golden Calf around here.

But they do catch up.

****, that's dumb.

That's typically how it works in coaching. Otherwise Bobby Bowden would still be coaching the Semenholes with Mickey Andrews and Chuck Amato.

You didn't answer the question. The funny thing is your Butch obsession is seemingly having the opposite effect on some more rational fans; to me, if a bunch of angry guys with closed minds towards all other candidates are so caught up in a guy whose last great season was 15 years ago, it makes me awfully wary of that guy as a legit candidate.

It's honestly just weird. I love and respect Butch but he's like the Golden Calf around here.
I am leaning towards bbb also but I have been swayed by the enthusiasm. I just wonder if these same people will be raising money after game 2, to fly the banners!

Advertisement
bobby bowden was overrated to me in many ways. i mean he had more gifts handed to him as far as games and bowl games it was ridic. even his first NC, they practically had to rig the game against nebraska

Wait a Got Damm Minute. Does our BOT and Admin forget how the Media was slobbering all over the 2000 and 2001 teams about how they were cleaned up and respectable versus the bad boys of the 80's and early 90's. I distinctively remember announcers talking about those teams and crediting Butch and Larry for the amazing job they did in cleaning up the program as well as how the team conducted itself.

It also must be pointed out and reminded that Butch came in after a horrific scandal and not only rebuilt this program but cleaned it up "Reputation" wise in the process.

Donna Shalala can ROT in muther fuggin ****...beotch!!! So glad that beotch is gone

Donna Shalala can ROT in muther fuggin ****...beotch!!! ''

Her and the Clintons

bobby bowden was overrated to me in many ways. i mean he had more gifts handed to him as far as games and bowl games it was ridic. even his first NC, they practically had to rig the game against nebraska

You'd be alone on the Bobby Bowden is overrated island. It's a big if, but if he didn't play us each year, he'd probably be the greatest coach in the modern era. He finished top three how many years in a row? Top 5?

He once said something should be put on his tombstone to the effect that he played Miami. Too bad for him, he didn't put more focus on a kicker until the oddly named, Sebastian Janakowski.

Advertisement

You'd be alone on the Bobby Bowden is overrated island. It's a big if, but if he didn't play us each year, he'd probably be the greatest coach in the modern era. He finished top three how many years in a row? Top 5?

He once said something should be put on his tombstone to the effect that he played Miami. Too bad for him, he didn't put more focus on a kicker until the oddly named, Sebastian Janakowski.

Yeahhh, I find no joy in defending anything FSU but Bowden's run from '87-00 is pretty cot**** good. Lil Nicky is only about halfway through a similar stretch at Alabamy and we already crown him with all sort of historical titles.

BB was far from overrated, he built that program into what it is now. His top five finished record will never be broken.

He also had the balls to play UM every year, how many schools back then would've continued to do that?

BB was far from overrated, he built that program into what it is now. His top five finished record will never be broken.

He also had the balls to play UM every year, how many schools back then would've continued to do that?

None of the top teams today would have the balls to do that. None. They're all pussies.

YES!

I know Chip left Oregon with a team that went undefeated two years in a row, won an NC and was cheated out of the second one by OSU, and had like 2 dozen 1st round draft picks, but I still ... WAIT that was Butch not Chip. Well, except the part about getting beat by OSU and it requiring heating.

Mike Gundy? Who is that? I heard that name somewhere but can't really remember where. Oh, is he one of those YouTube stars? Yeah, that's where I heard about him I think.

Chuck Pagano? Him I know. He was Butch's assistant a couple times. Good coach, from a good coaching tree. But why ONE of the branches when the trunk is available?

Advertisement
Back