Miami Herald article on our DT by Barry Jackson. Just passing it along...

Advertisement
We have three of four spots accounted for with NFL level talent in Willis, Jax and Garvin. All will go higher than McIntosh and Norton. We’re worried about one spot. Bethel, Ford and Odenigbo will be enough to cover. And that’s not even considering the freshmen.

I miss Chad Thomas the most of the guys that went pro, followed by Toolbox. I think our current DTs are at least equal to the guys that left.
im more worried abotu DE depth. Patchan is good but always hurt.Chad was good but i will always say, Toolbox is so underrated, replacing his snap wont be easy

im more worried abotu DE depth. Patchan is good but always hurt.Chad was good but i will always say, Toolbox is so underrated, replacing his snap wont be easy
You are putting a more dynamic player and rusher in Jon Garvin than either of those 2 on the edge who has a very high ceiling so that’s always good and We all know joe jack can provide but djack is underrated as well as he was playing the best ball of any dlineman last season before his injury. Patchan has ability he just has to stay healthy, he was healthy all of last season so hopefully that will be the case this year too. We had less experience at de going into the 2016 season than we do this year, imo we will be more than fine

You are putting a more dynamic player and rusher in Jon Garvin than either of those 2 on the edge who has a very high ceiling so that’s always good and We all know joe jack can provide but djack is underrated as well as he was playing the best ball of any dlineman last season before his injury. Patchan has ability he just has to stay healthy, he was healthy all of last season so hopefully that will be the case this year too. We had less experience at de going into the 2016 season than we do this year, imo we will be more than fine
im not concerned about talent level. im concerned about depth. Djack coming off injury, Patachan is frequently injured. JJ and Garvin are NFL impact players

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back