Miami has offered DT Edgar Cerenord

Advertisement
This is the kid of kid that Canes fans complain about when we sign. Or complain about two years later when he's another SFL kid blowing up at an OOS school.

I know for a fact that he's visited UM unofficially and he camped here too.

YEP.

I posted a list of many of the kids our fans complained about. Those 3 star and below guys like:

Ed Reed
Dan Morgan
Jon Vilma
Santana Moss
Clinton Portis
Jeremy Shockey

And the 4 and 5 star studs that everyone blew their collective loads about:
Akeem Jolla
Ryan Moore
Kyle Wright
Willie Williams
Kirby Freeman
Aldarius Johnson
Bobby Washington
Marcus Forston
Jacory Harris

You seem smart, but I can't for the life of me figure out why you don't understand that recruiting even 5-8 years ago is drastically different than it is now.

This is the kid of kid that Canes fans complain about when we sign. Or complain about two years later when he's another SFL kid blowing up at an OOS school.

I know for a fact that he's visited UM unofficially and he camped here too.

YEP.

I posted a list of many of the kids our fans complained about. Those 3 star and below guys like:

Ed Reed
Dan Morgan
Jon Vilma
Santana Moss
Clinton Portis
Jeremy Shockey

And the 4 and 5 star studs that everyone blew their collective loads about:
Akeem Jolla
Ryan Moore
Kyle Wright
Willie Williams
Kirby Freeman
Aldarius Johnson
Bobby Washington
Marcus Forston
Jacory Harris

You seem smart, but I can't for the life of me figure out why you don't understand that recruiting even 5-8 years ago is drastically different than it is now.

this argument kills me. The, Miami turned 3 star players into Pro Bowlers 15 years ago/4 coaches ago, so it will happen again argument.

From what I've heard about the way they recruit, and the timing, I'd have to agree on the fact that this is because other DTs are going elsewhere. If the staff really does work off something like a 'draft board', I have a feeling that they had Cerenord pegged as 'option' 2A.

Regardless of how you feel about the kid, everyone must admit it's nice having a staff that recruits like this (and not...well...needing to be in a spot where you play the punter at WR). Kid might blossom into a star, and be one of those quick-twitch DTs that give other teams fits (ala the kid at Pitt this year). Kid might just work out as quality depth, always important on good teams.

Plus...no sunshine.

829567.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Is this an early April Fools' Prank? This kid looks like he should play for Wake Forest or in the MAC.

Good call. Wouldn't want that.

If Cerenod was balls to the wall off the snap, I could rationalize the pickup. Undersized but disruptive brings some positives to the table. But Cerenod doesn't look explosive or relentless. I just don't see the appeal at the major 1-a level.

Advertisement
Outside of his get off, he has pretty good technique, and his get off can be taught. Not too worried about that. Not the most explosive ever, but not unexplosive either. Plays his gap well, which I think is huge in evaluating a DT. Guys who freelance will get you into trouble more often than not...it can work in HS, but not in college. A redshirt year while gaining strength and explosiveness will be good for him, his body looks a little soft at the moment, so I would imagine once that gets fixed that his quick-twitch abilities increase a bit as well. He'll make for solid depth at DT.

I heard the same **** about every DT we crooted the last 5 years... This guy screams jag...If we really wanted him we would've been after him. This is not you guy first rodeo... You know when we go after a guy this late we lost someone..EIther a DT is transferring or Valentine aint coming..Jesus you guys are pathetic

Advertisement
Some posters on hear are not happy with this offer. What's wrong with taking a 6'1" 290 DT and developing him into a 6'1" 310 player in the next two years. We need DT's that are willing to develop for a year or two before seeing the field.

Some posters on hear are not happy with this offer. What's wrong with taking a 6'1" 290 DT and developing him into a 6'1" 310 player in the next two years. We need DT's that are willing to develop for a year or two before seeing the field.

If that kid is 6'1" 290 then my **** is 1.5 inches long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this an early April Fools' Prank? This kid looks like he should play for Wake Forest or in the MAC.

Good call. Wouldn't want that.

377.jpg

Lol this guy would get BURIED trying to play nose tackle in a 3-4.

Wake Forest ran a 3-4. He was their nose tackle. He wasn't a two gap NT.

What UM asks a nose tackle to do, kid would get BURIED. Like I said. Name nose tackles ithe NFL who are 5'9 250-275 pounds.

If that kid is 6'1" 290 then my **** is 15 inches long.

He was tested at a ESPN camp. Those are his measurements. People talk about recruiting being different. This is one way they are. You actually get accurate measurements.

Advertisement
Back