Miami has offered DT Edgar Cerenord

Advertisement
Don't think this has anything to do with Valentine. They wouldn't replace him with a totally different DT

The []_[];1727491 said:
Contingent for Valentine?

Hopefully not.

Miami wouldn't have offered him today if he was a contingency plan. Teams don't offer contingency plans until they have to.

Not sure how true that is, David Njoku has an offer and he's basically a back up plan to if Griffin/Lockley can't qualify.

Did someone on the staff tell you that or is that your opinion?

Opinion that makes the most sense.

Advertisement
The []_[];1727491 said:
Contingent for Valentine?

Hopefully not.

Miami wouldn't have offered him today if he was a contingency plan. Teams don't offer contingency plans until they have to.

Not sure how true that is, David Njoku has an offer and he's basically a back up plan to if Griffin/Lockley can't qualify.

I agree, we don't know how high golden is on David Njoku or Edgar Cerenord. Njoku is a super athlete with a 7 ft. high jump & a 48 ft. triple jump, those are special numbers

Is Cerenord's listed height and weight accurate? (6"1 & 290) If they are then I like this offer because he shows out with very athletic on that vid. Also anyone know what his strength numbers are?

Either we are moving back to a 4-3 or they see him as a SDE like Moten or Pierre? I don't see the length to play SDE but hey the more bodies in the trenches the better. This is how u recruit on the lines. Grab blue chippers like Valentine n Moten and then you can roll the dice on others.

The []_[];1727491 said:
Hopefully not.

I agree, we don't know how high golden is on David Njoku or Edgar Cerenord. Njoku is a super athlete with a 7 ft. high jump & a 48 ft. triple jump, those are special numbers

Well, maybe Golden just saw Eric Ebron torch us (that kid is a WR, I don't care if he is listed at TE or not) and Kelvin Benjamin destroy everything in his path this season and decided he would like a few of those guys himself.

Advertisement
The []_[];1727491 said:
Hopefully not.

Opinion that makes the most sense.

You wouldn't be the only one thinking that.

Either we are moving back to a 4-3 or they see him as a SDE like Moten or Pierre? I don't see the length to play SDE but hey the more bodies in the trenches the better. This is how u recruit on the lines. Grab blue chippers like Valentine n Moten and then you can roll the dice on others.

3 technique fits in this defense.

Advertisement
I have no problem with this guy but personally I thought we'd be good with HS DT's with Jenkins, valentine, and moten...what we could really use is a big time juco DT instant impact

I have no problem with this guy but personally I thought we'd be good with HS DT's with Jenkins, valentine, and moten...what we could really use is a big time juco DT instant impact

We can't get those guys into Miami. I'm done with JuCo DTs. We're gonna have to build DT depth the old-fashioned way: developing them.

This was Cory Johnson/ Pelon's offer IMO. Obviously we have given up on a JUCO DT and are going to be hoping that at least one or maybe 2 of these DTs can get some reps next year. I think Valentine can definitely see playing time, and its no secret that Im a HUGE fan of Jenkins and think he will get some burn too.

IMO this kid looks good. Solid hard working type kid, kind of kid you redshirt, put him through a few years of UTough and he could become a real sparkplug in the middle . You always have to have some "quality depth" guys. This is the kind of guy Butch used to find, and would become a no bullsh*t, hard working solid blue collar type contributor for us.

Advertisement
This is the kid of kid that Canes fans complain about when we sign. Or complain about two years later when he's another SFL kid blowing up at an OOS school.

I know for a fact that he's visited UM unofficially and he camped here too.

Were obviously done at JUCO DT. Its Wyche and what we have. At least we got one JUCO.

IMO Im hoping we move back to primarily a 4-3. We have plenty of guys who can be serviceable in a 4-3 next year. Chick can play inside, Pierre, Moore, Kamalu, Wyche, Hamilton, and maybe a kid like Valentine. That gives you a 3-4 deep right there. If we decide to go to a situational 3-4, you can probably get Moore at NT, and maybe Jenkins as a backup if he looks ready. But we defintely would be much better suited running a 4-3.

Advertisement
Back