Miami has offered DT Edgar Cerenord

Advertisement
I have no problem with this guy but personally I thought we'd be good with HS DT's with Jenkins, valentine, and moten...what we could really use is a big time juco DT instant impact

Were obviously done at JUCO DT. Its Wyche and what we have. At least we got one JUCO.

IMO Im hoping we move back to primarily a 4-3. We have plenty of guys who can be serviceable in a 4-3 next year. Chick can play inside, Pierre, Moore, Kamalu, Wyche, Hamilton, and maybe a kid like Valentine. That gives you a 3-4 deep right there. If we decide to go to a situational 3-4, you can probably get Moore at NT, and maybe Jenkins as a backup if he looks ready. But we defintely would be much better suited running a 4-3.

You don't recruit defensive players for the 3-4 flex defense three years then scrap it after first year truly running it.

Would be nice to grab someone from American Heritage as well.... gotta tap into these schools.

This is the kid of kid that Canes fans complain about when we sign. Or complain about two years later when he's another SFL kid blowing up at an OOS school.

I know for a fact that he's visited UM unofficially and he camped here too.

YEP.

I posted a list of many of the kids our fans complained about. Those 3 star and below guys like:

Ed Reed
Dan Morgan
Jon Vilma
Santana Moss
Clinton Portis
Jeremy Shockey

And the 4 and 5 star studs that everyone blew their collective loads about:
Akeem Jolla
Ryan Moore
Kyle Wright
Willie Williams
Kirby Freeman
Aldarius Johnson
Bobby Washington
Marcus Forston
Jacory Harris

Advertisement
I have no problem with this guy but personally I thought we'd be good with HS DT's with Jenkins, valentine, and moten...what we could really use is a big time juco DT instant impact

Were obviously done at JUCO DT. Its Wyche and what we have. At least we got one JUCO.

IMO Im hoping we move back to primarily a 4-3. We have plenty of guys who can be serviceable in a 4-3 next year. Chick can play inside, Pierre, Moore, Kamalu, Wyche, Hamilton, and maybe a kid like Valentine. That gives you a 3-4 deep right there. If we decide to go to a situational 3-4, you can probably get Moore at NT, and maybe Jenkins as a backup if he looks ready. But we defintely would be much better suited running a 4-3.

You don't recruit defensive players for the 3-4 flex defense three years then scrap it after first year truly running it.

I dont think they will scrap it completely, but they dont have the DL for it. Our NT situation this year was mediocre, and will only get much worse next year if we dont use more of a 4-3.

Let me be clear, I am ok with this offer IF another IMPACT DT or two joins the fray. If not...

Not pleased with the offer, but gotta hope the staff knows what they are doing. He camped here. Staff saw him since last year. Were very hesitant then and now, after a couple peaces fell through, kid gets an offer. That timeline worries me a little bit because of the gamble. Miami is not in the position to miss on Dlinemen. Especially now that it appears the JUCO route is getting harder. So to have to wait, realistically three years in hopes of some production - in the unit with a)the most need and b) the most, critical worries me. We are doing so well offensively rec and at other units, that not getting impact DT now, almost handicaps that talent.

*it takes at least two years for any DT to produce our of high school. And more often one year for JUCOs.

Lets get him hopefully he red-shirts if he comes here and the staff allows him to do what he does best and penetrate.

how come he has no good offers besides Arkansas and tennessee

Maybe because he's a borderline kid who has improved his stock his senior year and teams are now starting to move down the board from their first choice guys, to their 2nd and 3rd levels. Arkansas and Tenn are not dogsh8t. I mean those are SEC schools. IMO the staff has watched the kid closely and probably had him fairly high on the board. They had a few guys like Johnson higher, but now that those ships have sailed, they are willing to give this kid a shot. Looks like a solid kid who could be a player after a few years of UTough.

Courtel Jenkins wasnt getting all that much love, and now he's blown up his Senior year and getting calls from all over. Urban Meyer was hot and heavy after him and he told OSU to pound sand. Some kids are late bloomers.

Advertisement
Let me be clear, I am ok with this offer IF another IMPACT DT or two joins the fray. If not...

Not pleased with the offer, but gotta hope the staff knows what they are doing. He camped here. Staff saw him since last year. Were very hesitant then and now, after a couple peaces fell through, kid gets an offer. That timeline worries me a little bit because of the gamble. Miami is not in the position to miss on Dlinemen. Especially now that it appears the JUCO route is getting harder. So to have to wait, realistically three years in hopes of some production - in the unit with a)the most need and b) the most, critical worries me. We are doing so well offensively rec and at other units, that not getting impact DT now, almost handicaps that talent.

*it takes at least two years for any DT to produce our of high school. And more often one year for JUCOs.

You can also look at this in a more positive light. Its not like this was an 11th hour move. Its still mid December and we offered. So it wasnt like "oh sh*t, who is left we can call". Kid has some decent offers. He's not an A list 4 star type kid, but there is definitely potential there. He looks like a pretty **** good DT playing against some of the best competition in the country. Staff has obviously been keeping close tabs on the kid and probably had him right below the JUCO guys, so I think it says something that we offered him now, not 2 days before NLOID because we were desperate for another body. We have to be getting tight on ships, and you still have guys like Lane, Rudolph, Cook, Njoku, JC, maybe the Cali WR out there. So the fact we offered him NOW, and not after everyone else was off the board, says something.

Where are we finding one or two impact guys at this late in the game? Be realistic. A developmental/late blooming guy is the best that you can ask for.

Advertisement
Have to agree with Pete on this one. Kid is cat like quick for a man that size. Also has good technique and is a sure tackler, which is something we sorely need. Great first step off the line.

I don't understand. The young man likes to go blow through gaps and get after the ball.

At Miami, he'll be required to read for a few seconds, cover two gaps, and by then the extra point team is on the field.

This was Cory Johnson/ Pelon's offer IMO. Obviously we have given up on a JUCO DT and are going to be hoping that at least one or maybe 2 of these DTs can get some reps next year. I think Valentine can definitely see playing time, and its no secret that Im a HUGE fan of Jenkins and think he will get some burn too.

IMO this kid looks good. Solid hard working type kid, kind of kid you redshirt, put him through a few years of UTough and he could become a real sparkplug in the middle . You always have to have some "quality depth" guys. This is the kind of guy Butch used to find, and would become a no bullsh*t, hard working solid blue collar type contributor for us.

not a bad idea. I'd much prefer us to take a HS DT over a total JAG JUCO dude who'll end up like the plug.

Advertisement
This is the kid of kid that Canes fans complain about when we sign. Or complain about two years later when he's another SFL kid blowing up at an OOS school.

I know for a fact that he's visited UM unofficially and he camped here too.

YEP.

I posted a list of many of the kids our fans complained about. Those 3 star and below guys like:

Ed Reed
Dan Morgan
Jon Vilma
Santana Moss
Clinton Portis
Jeremy Shockey

And the 4 and 5 star studs that everyone blew their collective loads about:
Akeem Jolla
Ryan Moore
Kyle Wright
Willie Williams
Kirby Freeman
Aldarius Johnson
Bobby Washington
Marcus Forston
Jacory Harris

those 3 star and under kids were recruited in the 90s, some more than 15 years ago. Recruiting has changed

Those 4 and 5 star kids had the bad luck of playing for some of the worst coaches in FBS. Kyle Wright would have been a first rounder at USC

Want - this kids recruitment is blowing up and we will be fortunate to land his services. Really liked his film. When was the last time one of our interior lineman got any push up the middle and shed a block to make a tackle. Guys like him are invaluable and tough as heck to find.

always looked at him as a poor man's tim jernigan who FSU has....he seems to be an fsu type of dt..the short squtty ,quick up the field type that Haggins recruits....Goldy and those had these types at temple...i actually think they like 6'1 guys inside at the nose for the most part.

This guys cousin and him i believe post on this site.....have to think he will be a commit with a official visit. i aint mad at the take...i would of went after the dt at Central too but his dad is a FSU alum and dude was heading their regardless...Marvin Jones nephew.

Cerenord impressed me at the state game..... neither Earl Moore/Corey King have impressed me...they have this spring to show up...or get shipped out and replaced by "free agents" again this yr..hgave to think Golden will be churning that angle again as Renfrow did work for us this yr.

Cerenord if we take is a definate redshirt candidate...but i dont mind imo....Valentine isnt shirting unless injury.

Advertisement
Back