Miami football projected 8-4

Any regression by our defense should be more than compensated for by the fact we should have a NORMAL punter now.

Anyone want to tackle the task of quantifying how many yards of field position that POS cost us last year? If you go through the trouble of that just take it a step further and extrapolate an estimate for how many points he cost us.

Bottom line. We had a high school level offensive system and a junior high level punter. Just normalizing the stats for those 2 facets of the team should AT LEAST make up for any regression by the D and I'd venture to bet will end up being a net gain.

Advertisement
Never said I was okay with going 8-4, actually said it would be huge disappointment if we did.

I think we'll go 10-2 this year, said it multiple times now, my only area of disagreement is people basically saying Diaz gets 1 year or else it's banner time, that's kinda ridiculous to me lol.
Obviously Manny gets more than one year but if we went 8-4 I think we will all realize that Manny ain’t the messiah we are hoping for....

I get your point. I really do.

But Texas had more talent than Maryland. Maryland beat them in Tom Herman’s first season. And Herman wasn’t a first time HC.

Ohio State had more talent than Purdue, but Purdue beat them. And Urban Meyer is a Top 5 coach of all-time.

Talent doesn’t always win. It matters, but coaches still have to coach. And Manny is a first time HC.

He’ll have some oops games. It is what it is.

And Texas fans were calling for his head. They still are not sure about the hire, especially with Jimbo raiding Texas for recruits. When they lose to LSU this year he is going to be a question mark all over again.

Not sure but he has us as his #2 surprise team and usually hits on those. Had Notre dame as the #1 surprise team last year and they went to the playoffs. Also has Miami coming into the season ranked #15, with the #2 rated defense in the country

Unfortunately the polls won’t concur with his thought process Brock until after we dismantle the hated Gayturd. Then they shall see the light and vault us up to @#15.

Advertisement
Obviously Manny gets more than one year but if we went 8-4 I think we will all realize that Manny ain’t the messiah we are hoping for....
Dabo Swinney went 9-5 in year 1, 6-7 in year 2, 10-4 in year 3 & then started to win 11+ plus games in just about every season after that except one, including 2 National championships in 3 appearances.

Urban Meyer went 9-3 in year 1 at UF then went 13-1 in year 2, then went 9-4, then went 13-1 again in 08 & 09.

Nick Saban went 8-4 in year 1 at LSU, then 10-3, then 8-5, then 13-1 winning his first natty at LSU. Then at Bama went 7-6 year 1, then 12-2 in year 2, then 14-0 in year 3 winning the Natty.

Imagine if in every scenario LSU, Bama, Clemson & UF all judged their coach after just year 1, or even worse & decided to fire them...

I know this is a foreign concept on this board, but no Coach wins a National championship in year 1, literally never happens.

Dabo Swinney went 9-5 in year 1, 6-7 in year 2, 10-4 in year 3 & then started to win 11+ plus games in just about every season after that except one, including 2 National championships in 3 appearances.

Urban Meyer went 9-3 in year 1 at UF then went 13-1 in year 2, then went 9-4, then went 13-1 again in 08 & 09.

Nick Saban went 8-4 in year 1 at LSU, then 10-3, then 8-5, then 13-1 winning his first natty at LSU. Then at Bama went 7-6 year 1, then 12-2 in year 2, then 14-0 in year 3 winning the Natty.

Imagine if in every scenario LSU, Bama, Clemson & UF all judged their coach after just year 1, or even worse & decided to fire them...

I know this is a foreign concept on this board, but no Coach wins a National championship in year 1, literally never happens.

They all had stiffer competition in year 1 than Manny does. Dabo also didn't have nearly as much talent as Miami has right now when he first got there. I am not saying fire him after year 1, especially because he obviously has 0 shot of winning a Natty this year, but this situation is very different than the other 3.

Advertisement
That’s why I expect 2-3 losses but not 4. I’m going to guess our losses are Florida, F$U and one other random coastal team. I just don’t see us losing 4. That would be disastrous because we could beat both FSU and Florida so where are all these other losses coming from?

If I had to guess, same place they come from every fcking year. Duke or PITT or some other half-assed team we should beat in our sleep.

We do this EVERY YEAR. Going back to Grassy. EVERY YEAR.

Dudes predicting 10+ wins, and anything less than a Coastal title is trash, etc.

And what ends up happening EVERY YEAR?
So you're suggesting that this year's team and staff is no better than the teams fielded under Randy Shannon and Al Golden and everyone should give up optimism and assume mediocrity? I get that fans can be unrealistic but is a 10 win season against a schedule with ONE ranked opponent really unreasonable? I mean if you're setting the bar at 8 wins, might as well have just kept Golden around and a saved a ton of money

They all had stiffer competition in year 1 than Manny does. Dabo also didn't have nearly as much talent as Miami has right now when he first got there. I am not saying fire him after year 1, especially because he obviously has 0 shot of winning a Natty this year, but this situation is very different than the other 3.
Yep and Urban would have most likely won the title his first year if not for sanctions and that was with a team that went 6-6 the prior year.

As you yourself have mentioned, the cream puff schedule is the mitigating factor.

Advertisement

Saban walked into a program coming off sanctions at Bama and a roster with literally zero NFL talent. Manny is not walking into a rebuild like that. Based off everything you posted above, 9-3 is what we should all be looking at as the barometer. 9-3 and playing in Charlotte has to be the goal and I will day it till I’m blue in the face. I believe one loss is Florida. If we somehow beat them, then we definitely shouldn’t lose more than 2 other games unless we get a ton of injuries. If he goes 8-4 he won’t get fired and doesn’t deserve to get fired, but he just made his job 20 times harder cause the recruiting class will fall apart.

Advertisement
At a minimum we go 9-3 by just having this guy.

Hedley.png

Well, one coach we know well did it. (wink lol)

That said, fans who want Diaz's head after year 1 are just trying to get their post count up. Its silly. But its not silly to expect him to win 9-10 games at least with this crappy schedule.

I don't think I could stand to see a team like UVA, VT or GTECH in the ACC title game again while we are sitting at home praying we don't end up in some bowl game in NY for the 2nd year in a row. This team is too talented for that.

I think clemson will take a step back this year. They lost a lot of experince on defense at every level. Basically all of them were 3 and 4 year starters.

I believe they will still be good but i can see them dropping a couple of games this year.
I agree. Obviously they will be great but it’s all about the DL and they had a dream scenario last season.

Just wanting to see a MUCH better product offensively and on special teams this season. Let the chips fall where they may. But I’ve got to also think that a much more competent offense and signal caller wins us at least 2-3 more games than last year’s squad, so that’s my expectation for this year.

Advertisement
Back