Miami football projected 8-4

Advertisement
Not sure but he has us as his #2 surprise team and usually hits on those. Had Notre dame as the #1 surprise team last year and they went to the playoffs. Also has Miami coming into the season ranked #15, with the #2 rated defense in the country
#15 has 10-2 written all over it.

I agree.

The Offense last year was literally one of the worst ever in school history, if the Offense improves this year we 100% win 9-10 games this year.

I don't think our Defense regresses as much as most of the board does, I think they'll still be top 5-10 & I expect ST's be fully improved as well.

I absolutely think we're going 10-2 plus a bowl game win this year, where I disagree with the rest of the board is that I don't think Diaz should be fired after year 1, which is outrageous I know lol.

I don’t think he should be fired at 8 wins but nobody should be ok with that. I think we win 9 games and that would be a success and likely mean we win the coastal. We got to win the coastal this year.

We do this EVERY YEAR. Going back to Grassy. EVERY YEAR.

Dudes predicting 10+ wins, and anything less than a Coastal title is trash, etc.

And what ends up happening EVERY YEAR?

I don’t think he should be fired at 8 wins but nobody should be ok with that. I think we win 9 games and that would be a success and likely mean we win the coastal. We got to win the coastal this year.
Never said I was okay with going 8-4, actually said it would be huge disappointment if we did.

I think we'll go 10-2 this year, said it multiple times now, my only area of disagreement is people basically saying Diaz gets 1 year or else it's banner time, that's kinda ridiculous to me lol.

Advertisement
I don’t take many of these seriously unless they acknowledge what went wrong last year(offense being historically terrible) and the steps that were taken place to fix it. So a guy like phill steele who looks at EVERYTHING, I put More credible in things like that honestly.
Like in 2016 when we a surprise team and went 8-4 also

What were
What were Saban's, Oregeron's, Kirby's, and Dabo's records their first season w their current teams ?

Y'all really expect Manny to come in here and have a Lincoln Riley like first season ?

And where did I say the goal was to outrecruit the coastal teams ? Pretty sure I was saying the goal was to outrecruit FSU and UF (which btw, we never will on a regular basis).

What does it matter what Saban's or Kirby's or whoever's first season was? What matters is how we respond to the opportunities and challenges in front of us. If we beat both UF and FSU, any more than one regular season loss (or two if there's an egregious bad bit of luck) would be a disappointment. On the other hand stating that you were fine with an 8-4 record if we beat UF and FSU because we'd still out recruit the coastal teams implies a standard that any reasonable person should be comfortable with. After UF, we're not running the gauntlet of murderer's row of top 10 teams. There's nothing wrong with feeling disappointed after a missed opportunity. And it doesn't mean you're calling for anyone's head.

The thing about missed opportunities you never know when the next one comes. You have to take shot when right is in front of you. (The last 15 years should have taught us that). How did it feel when we lost to Pitt in 2017, a program that we easily out-talented? How would it have felt if we lost to FSU the last game of 1983? None of us expected that kind of run. We would have never been in the Orange bowl. A win like that can be a program changer (as it was than).

There is no good outcome for us with an 8-4 record even if we beat UF and FSU. That would mean we would probably lose several games in the last half of the schedule. That's not exactly the type of momentum you need going into the early signing period. It would also mean being relegated to a minor bowl. Believe me, UF and FSU will both use it against us saying "We're the same old Miami", "We haven't been relevant since the dark ages". And in the past, they haven't lost too many head-to-head recruiting battles even when we beat them.

Last edited:
Never said I was okay with going 8-4, actually said it would be huge disappointment if we did.

I think we'll go 10-2 this year, said it multiple times now, my only area of disagreement is people basically saying Diaz gets 1 year or else it's banner time, that's kinda ridiculous to me lol.

It's over the top. There's always going to be some malcontents. There were even some saying JJ should go after losing his first 3 bowl games.

I think clemson will take a step back this year. They lost a lot of experince on defense at every level. Basically all of them were 3 and 4 year starters.

I believe they will still be good but i can see them dropping a couple of games this year.

One of those games will be the ACC Championship...... to US!

Last edited:
Advertisement
We do this EVERY YEAR. Going back to Grassy. EVERY YEAR.

Dudes predicting 10+ wins, and anything less than a Coastal title is trash, etc.

And what ends up happening EVERY YEAR?

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. @canesthing3 is spot on. People are setting themselves up for disappointment. It wouldn't be Miami if we weren't gassing up the next banner plane.

I really hope Trevor Lawrence has a substantial insurance policy, bc teams are going to basically instruct their defenses to take him out. He's going to be the recipient of some vicious hits (some of them cheap). Take him out, Clemson suddenly becomes very pedestrian on offense.

This is the game plan. Make Lawrence suffer for being born.

To say anything less than 9-3 you have to believe Diaz is more of the same. I don’t.

I also don’t “accept” that a Coastal Champ Miami gets “boatraced”, “beatdown”, “crushed”, etc by Clemson. Syracuse beat them when they weren’t looking and almost beat them when they were. They can be beaten and they can be beaten by Miami.

3 names. Enos, Barry and Feeley. Miami’s better and not by a little.

People keep frontin’ like these guys can’t be had.

We have the type of weapons that take down better teams.

What we haven’t had is the plan, preparation, and leadership.

What does it matter what Saban's or Kirby's or whoever's first season was? What matters is how we respond to the opportunities and challenges in from of us. If we beat both UF and FSU, any more that one regular season loss (or two if these an egregious bad bit of luck) would be a disappointment. On the other hand stating that you were fine with an 8-4 record if we beat UF and FSU because we'd still out recruit the coastal teams implies a standard that any reasonable person should be comfortable with. After, UF, we're not running the gauntlet of as murderer's row of top 10 teams. There's nothing wrong with feeling disappointed a after a missed opportunity. And it doesn't mean you're calling for anyone's head.

The thing about missed opportunities you never know when the next one comes. You have to take shot when right is in front of you. (The last 15 years should have taught us that). How did it feel when we lost to Pitt in 2017, a program that we easily out-talented? How would it have felt if we lost to FSU the last game of 1983? None of us expected that kind of run. We would have never been in the Orange bowl. A win like that can be a program changer (as it was than).

There is no good outcome for us with an 8-4 record even if we beat UF and FSU. That would mean we would probably lose several games in the last half of the schedule. That's not exactly the type of momentum you need going into the early signing period. It would also mean being relegated to a minor bowl. Believe me, UF and FSU will both use it against us saying "We're the same old Miami", "We haven't been relevant since the dark ages". And in the past, they haven't lost too many head-to-head recruiting battles even when we beat them.
Who said 8 and 4 is a standard to be comfortable with? Not one single person in this thread.

Believe me, UF and FSU's usual talking point of same ol Miami will be significantly diluted if we beat them both (not to mention 8-4 would probably be a better record than both of them).

The other coaches records dont matter, but they do illustrate a first year coach can still sell progress w a less than stellar record. ****, Willie Vanilli showed that last season.

No one wants 8-4, but IF it happens, 2 of those wins need to be against UF and fSU.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Agreed. This isn't Mark Richt coming in after the Golden debacle and going 9-4 his first season. Manny is stepping into a ready made situation. Richt, regardless of his failures as an on-field coach, laid a lot of the groundwork for this program to regain some of it's respectability. With that regained respectability comes expectations. On paper this is a talented team and a solid staff. The standards are going to be raised.

Manny is young, but he is smart, confident, and flexible.

The team knows him and he controlled one side of the ball during a tough situation. The defense should have given up long ago, but he kept the ship steady.

He is making excellent moves and is hitting the ground running.

This guy punked NICK SABAN for his offensive coordinator.

Manny is not the typical first year coach and this is not a typical coaching transition.

If Enos does what I think his track record shows, we will be ACC champs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back