Miami football projected 8-4

colorchart123

colorchart123
Miami football projected 8-4, 29th in ESPN Football Power Index

8and 4 is Plausible but im holding out for 10 and 2 and a loss to Clemson.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don’t take many of these seriously unless they acknowledge what went wrong last year(offense being historically terrible) and the steps that were taken place to fix it. So a guy like phill steele who looks at EVERYTHING, I put More credible in things like that honestly.

I don’t take many of these seriously unless they acknowledge what went wrong last year(offense being historically terrible) and the steps that were taken place to fix it. So a guy like phill steele who looks at EVERYTHING, I put More credible in things like that honestly.
What record did steele think we'll have?

No issue with 8-4 from me in the guy’s first year being a HC, EVER.

Of course, I want more. But 8 wins for a 1st year HC in a P5 conference is legit!

My only requirement is he can’t let the guys quit on games. Bad games and bad game plans will happen. It’s the learning curve of being a HC. But I’d like to see a competitive team that plays hard.

The wins will follow if the culture of playing hard is established.

Advertisement
No issue with 8-4 from me in the guy’s first year being a HC, EVER.

Of course, I want more. But 8 wins for a 1st year HC in a P5 conference is legit!

My only requirement is he can’t let the guys quit on games. Bad games and bad game plans will happen. It’s the learning curve of being a HC. But I’d like to see a competitive team that plays hard.

The wins will follow if the culture of playing hard is established.

Anything less than 9 wins with this schedule is considered a failure. I understand he is a first year head coach, but we have better talent top to bottom than everyone on our schedule besides Florida and arguably FSU. There is no team in the coastal that has the roster talent we have. I’m tired of excuses and I am sure Diaz is also. 9 to 10 wins and a coastal championship has to be the goal this year!

Advertisement
Anything less than 9 wins with this schedule is considered a failure. I understand he is a first year head coach, but we have better talent top to bottom than everyone on our schedule besides Florida and arguably FSU. There is no team in the coastal that has the roster talent we have. I’m tired of excuses and I am sure Diaz is also. 9 to 10 wins and a coastal championship has to be the goal this year!

I get your point. I really do.

But Texas had more talent than Maryland. Maryland beat them in Tom Herman’s first season. And Herman wasn’t a first time HC.

Ohio State had more talent than Purdue, but Purdue beat them. And Urban Meyer is a Top 5 coach of all-time.

Talent doesn’t always win. It matters, but coaches still have to coach. And Manny is a first time HC.

He’ll have some oops games. It is what it is.

8-4 would be more of an epic fail than 7-6 was last year.

We now have two 4 Stars and a 5 Star QB here being coached by a proven offensive mind with a legitimate scheme.

There’s no Malik Rosier or prehistoric play calling to kick around this season.

But Texas had more talent than Maryland. Maryland beat them in Tom Herman’s first season. And Herman wasn’t a first time HC.

Ohio State had more talent than Purdue, but Purdue beat them. And Urban Meyer is a Top 5 coach of all-time.

Talent doesn’t always win. It matters, but coaches still have to coach. And Manny is a first time HC.

That’s why I expect 2-3 losses but not 4. I’m going to guess our losses are Florida, F$U and one other random coastal team. I just don’t see us losing 4. That would be disastrous because we could beat both FSU and Florida so where are all these other losses coming from?

we've had 1 10 win season and basically go 7-6 every other year. id guess around the same if i didnt follow closely.

Advertisement

didnt maryland beat them twice?

Miami has more talent than Florida too if you look at each position group. But as you said and i think anything less than 10 wins is unacceptable imo

Advertisement
I just don't see how this team and this schedule gets to 4 losses. The UF game will set the stage for the rest of the season and I'm relatively confident we can compete and/or flat out win that game. FSU game will always be a toss up no matter how much of a dumpster fire one team is (see Miami under Golden nearly beating a BCS-bound FSU team twice). So let's say we somehow lose both rivalry games and then add one "upset" loss to in our ACC coastal schedule; that's a 9-3 season worst case.

9-3 is the minimum threshold for a successful season with 10-2/ACCCG being the expectation from my POV. However, if we beat UF in Orlando on 8/24, watch out because this team will be favored heavily in every game after that.

If we lose to FSU this year with the dumpster fire they are at the moment, I would have no faith moving forward.

4 losses would be complete failure all around. We have better QBs than last year, Enos running the show, better online coaching, experience in the front 7 with Garvin, the LBs and transfer, and what should be a much improved kicking game.

Advertisement
Back