Miami contacts Kelly Bryant per 247

MizCane

Senior
Ohhh man. Not sure if this is a good or bad sign. Cant imagine Perry or Williams will be to thrilled about this...

Advertisement
I believe they are looking for veteran leadership more than anything else. This kid is use to winning. Why the coaching staff cannot instill this from at least some of its players is a mystery. They say leadership flows downward from the top.

I'm not a huge fan but anything that can make the QB room better than the current abortion is a plus.

Kelly is looking to go somewhere to start rather than be some sort of mentor. Period. If Richt is contacting him, he doesn't think Williams is the guy. It's as simple as that. Sad.

Who cares how Perry and Williams feel. If they can’t beat him out then it doesn’t matter. They just gotta do their job.

Advertisement
Kelly is looking to go somewhere to start rather than be some sort of mentor. Period. If Richt is contacting him, he doesn't think Williams is the guy. It's as simple as that. Sad.
I think the issue here is, the staff believes he could be a better option then Nkosi (not developing?) or Williams (hopefully just young, although they start & succeed all the time)

Don’t want but here are his junior year stats to compare to the **** we have on our roster.

65.8 completion %
2802 Yards Passing
13 TD’s
8 INT’s

665 Yards Rushing
11 Rushing TD’s

I think the issue here is, the staff believes he could be a better option then Nkosi (not developing?) or Williams (hopefully just young, although they start & succeed all the time)

Freshmen QBs apparently are allowed to start everywhere but Miami. Richt is a clown.

Advertisement
If Williams sits one more year then he’d be a RS soon when it’s his time. This is obviously a big if considering Bryant isn’t a lock to come here but still. Williams would have three years to be the guy

Advertisement
Don’t want but here are his junior year stats to compare to the **** we have on our roster.

65.8 completion %
2802 Yards Passing
13 TD’s
8 INT’s

665 Yards Rushing
11 Rushing TD’s

If he decides to come here, and expect the same stats he better bring the same o-line with em that helped him get those. We dont need an underachiever from a program with that much established talent.

Advertisement
Disagree. Veteran leadership. Kid knows what it takes to win. And don't forget he probably has a chip on his shoulder

Overly optimistic view, imo.

He's coming in cold so I question how much vet leadership he can have when the lockeroom is probably already divided b/w Perry and JWill.

I'm less focused on what this move says about Bryant and more focused on what this move says about JWill. I'm sure Richt knows that Perry just isn't his guy and (probably) neither is Weldon. The key question is whether or not Richt thinks JWill is his guy. If he's his guy already, why won't he plan to start him next year?

I believe they are looking for veteran leadership more than anything else. This kid is use to winning. Why the coaching staff cannot instill this from at least some of its players is a mystery. They say leadership flows downward from the top.

So does ****.

Advertisement
Back