Miami contacts Kelly Bryant per 247

Rather roll with Williams. Bryant would have been good for this season. He should check out Auburn or LSU

Advertisement
I mean, they wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't talk to the kid. That said, they usually don't do their jobs, so this actually is newsworthy.

Don't want, but beggars can't be choosers. And we are definitely vagrants right now.

Advertisement
Who cares how Perry and Williams feel. If they can’t beat him out then it doesn’t matter. They just gotta do their job.
I disagree. What message is Richt sending to his players? Basically, I don't believe in you. All 3 underclassmen transfer and we have zero QBs on the roster in 2019 or another #@%* show of musical chairs at the QB spot.

It will be year 3 for N'kosi and Cade. Year 2 for Jarren. If these guys aren't ready to take over, then that is on both of the Richts. The fact that they've even contacted Bryant is disappointing. It's an admission of poor coaching.

It is a dumb move to bring in a grad transfer for QB depth!!!

It is a dumb move to not bring in a grad transfer QB.

We covered to criticize whatever coaches decide to do.

I disagree. What message is Richt sending to his players? Basically, I don't believe in you. All 3 underclassmen transfer and we have zero QBs on the roster in 2019 or another #@%* show of musical chairs at the QB spot.

It will be year 3 for N'kosi and Cade. Year 2 for Jarren. If these guys aren't ready to take over, then that is on both of the Richts. The fact that they've even contacted Bryant is disappointing. It's an admission of poor coaching.

Maybe he’s sending the message idk if any of you mfs are gone jump ship and transfer? He’s saving his *** cause let that happen and we only have two scholarships QBs on the roster then people like you gone be ripping him all year. There’s no pleasing some of y’all. Give a **** how Perry, Williams feel go ball out and win the job and you don’t have anything to worry about.

Advertisement
I don't think he's coming here, but I would welcome him. He's nothing special, but at least Richt would have no excuse to A) not run his offense and B) not get productivity out of him. He's a poor man's version of what ever the fvck it is Richt wants to do.

I would imagine Bryant wouldn't go anywhere he wasn't pretty much guaranteed to start. That being said, it would certainly add some competition to the QB room. IDK what Kosi would do. Don't even think it's relevant what Cade would think. The only concern would be losing Jarren Williams.

If JW is halfway decent, he should be completely unfazed by a 1-year stopover by someone of Bryant's ability.

Kelly is looking to go somewhere to start rather than be some sort of mentor. Period. If Richt is contacting him, he doesn't think Williams is the guy. It's as simple as that. Sad.

It’s for 1 year Grad Transfer, would you rather have Kelly Bryant starting vs Florida or a new starter? Maybe Williams isn’t ready yet

Advertisement
It’s for 1 year Grad Transfer, would you rather have Kelly Bryant starting vs Florida or a new starter? Maybe Williams isn’t ready yet

I guess that's what I'm getting at. I can get he's not ready to play now but already saying that to play 9 months from now?

I'm with you.

As limited as Kelly Bryant is, I think he'd be the best choice to trot out against Florida.

Also, it would allow us to play Jarren the rest of the year, NOT worry about redshirting him, and we can always redshirt him next year and use his future/potential to parlay into selling recruits on playing with an experienced baller.

Like it! Wondered why CMR didn't contact him right away.. Last legit QB we recruited was Dorsey, and that was last century. Suspect it may be too late what with UNC's big head start.

Advertisement
Pipe Dream. I would take him for experience and maybe even talent. ****, my comments have become so negative in the last month. Sorry fellas.

It's not an apples to apples situation but it is applicable to not giving a **** about the delicate feelings of underclassmen- didn't Crazy Jim in Ann Arbor just hit the transfer market for a starting QB when he too absolutely should've been able to develop his own by now?

At this point I'll gladly take anyone in that position that can just be competent. Not great. Maybe sometimes good but just consistently competent. That gets us playing for an ACC title annually.

More talent and competition at QB makes the team better. Our problem now is nobody can beat out Malik.
Right?

It’s a no-brainer. I’m not really a fan of Bryant especially after him quitting on the team but beggars can’t be choosers

Advertisement
Back