Miami contacts Kelly Bryant per 247

I'd be surprised if he doesn't go to Arkansas with his former OC there. But if we can get him I'll take him

Advertisement
I’m totally for it and would give us a story to tell recruits for the future. Perry and Weldon aren’t developing and Williams needs time to grow. This is the perfect place for Bryant to land.

Maybe he’s sending the message idk if any of you mfs are gone jump ship and transfer? He’s saving his *** cause let that happen and we only have two scholarships QBs on the roster then people like you gone be ripping him all year. There’s no pleasing some of y’all. Give a **** how Perry, Williams feel go ball out and win the job and you don’t have anything to worry about.
You can say whatever you want. It's not the reality. Just look at what happened to LSU before their season started. Only difference is that their transfer QB has another year of eligibility and one underclassman stayed. Our worse case is all 3 QBs transfer and we have a grad transfer with 1 year of eligibility leaving us with none for 2019.

We recruited top QBs. It's up to the staff to development. To me, getting a grad transfer QB is just a cop out. Texas A&M lost 2 top QBs a few years ago because the staff didn't handle the situation well. You might have heard of one of their QBs. Kyler Murray who transferred to Oklahoma. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. You just need to fertilize, manicure, and watch it grow. I'd rather develop what we have. Our guys just need reps.

source close to Bryant told 247Sports on Friday that the dual-threat talent is planning to see Coral Gables at some point before a decision is made although no date has been set for that trip. Bryant is scheduled to get to Mississippi State next weekend. He has already taken official visits to Arkansas, North Carolina and Missouri and was at Auburn last week for an unofficial visit. The latest intel continues to suggests that the Palmetto State native would like to have a decision made by late November or early December.

Bryant, who decided to leave Clemson back in September after Dabo Swinney named five-star freshman Trevor Lawrence the team's starting quarterback, went 16-2 as a starter during his time with the Tigers. That record includes last year's ACC Championship Game where he threw for 252 yards and a touchdown in a 38-3 beatdown of the Hurricanes.

COMMENTS
Miami currently doesn't hold a commitment from a quarterback in the Class of 2019, but head coach Mark Richt told reporters said earlier this week that both he and his staff are evaluating all options at quarterback.

“We are always on the lookout," Richt said. "I do think the young quarterbacks [we have] are talented and they have the skillset to get the job done. I think they are learning as they go. I do believe these guys have the ability to get it done, but we are always open minded about finding ways to get us better at the quarterback position and every position across the board.”

Advertisement
Until the QBs on this roster do something good like AT ALL then yes he is better than them. This is an ACC championship QB and he can actually hit a 5 yard out route from the short hash.

GTFOH bro, our offense requires the QB to spike it 3 yards in front of the WR on out routes. Bryant not a fit. Do not want.

Until the QBs on this roster do something good like AT ALL then yes he is better than them. This is an ACC championship QB and he can actually hit a 5 yard out route from the short hash.

He’s an ACC championship QB because of the team and coaching. His stats are average.

Advertisement
We're getting into beggars can't be choosers territory.

You all act like Ken Dorsey is gonna walk through that door and suit up. Its November in the cycle and this team stopped recruiting the 2019 class in July after the one kid committed to Penn State. What do you expect there to be left to improve the QB room? The potential freshman are for the most part committed - its the nature of QBs. So, you've got grad transfers and JUCOs left. They are clearly going to have warts on or off the field, but Miami needs someone next year to infuse something new to the room and maybe push some of these bozos. You all can keep praying for Jarren Williams just like you all prayed for Nkosi Perry just like you all prayed for Brad Kaaya just like you prayed for (insert the chronology of QBs since Brock Berlin), meanwhile, I think we need to add somebody. Maybe Jarren Williams is the real deal, maybe he's not. But I think its important to add someone and at this point, this team can't be too picky.

He’s an ACC championship QB because of the team and coaching. His stats are average.

Well his stats blow out both Perry and Cade almost simply by not being suspended all the **** time

He’s better than rosie by mile and not even close. I’d rather have a safe bet in an upper class men with experience who I won’t have to worry about if he’s gonna be studying the playbook, partying all weekend, or getting pink eye from eating out the booty hole

Don't think he's much better than the QBs we have on the roster. Might as well roll with one of those guys.

Not only is he better but he is a leader and clearly wants to win. If the kid wants revenge on clemson(and seeing his comments when he decided to transfer I think he would love the opportunity to play them for the ACC championship) you would think we would have a legit shot. Kid has been to the college football playoff no coach on our team has that experience. This would be a great signing imo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pointless. Average QB with above average rushing ability. We’d be no better with him while also ****ing on our current underclassmen QB’s, specifically Williams. Bad move Richt.

I understand we need more competition at QB and some leadership but there is so much more wrong with this organization than just the QB room.

Advertisement
Back