Miami/Clemson Game Jan 3 Thread

Advertisement
1704341533525.gif

My bad I was thinking of @LongIslandCane who saying he was done for a while after the Colorado game.
Also, while this win was awesome, in my opinion it highlights to every team we’ll have to play the rest of the year what our true weakness is. Get Omier in foul trouble and you basically win the game. We just dropped 95 on a team that was quickly becoming the talk of the ACC without our lock NBA draft player Wooga ever touching the court. However, the second Omier leaves the court its like our team gets their soul sucked out of them. Our flaws are much easier for other teams to exploit this year and its massively frustrating to watch when teams like Kentucky and Colorado are successful at it. Throw some Tabaco Road/Blueblood refs into the mix…. Oof.

Advertisement
Also, while this win was awesome, in my opinion it highlights to every team we’ll have to play the rest of the year what our true weakness is. Get Omier in foul trouble and you basically win the game. We just dropped 95 on a team that was quickly becoming the talk of the ACC without our lock NBA draft player Wooga ever touching the court. However, the second Omier leaves the court its like our team gets their soul sucked out of them. Our flaws are much easier for other teams to exploit this year and its massively frustrating to watch when teams like Kentucky and Colorado are successful at it. Throw some Tabaco Road/Blueblood refs into the mix…. Oof.
Everyone has known that for 2 years. Easier said than done.

You might as well not watch them since you have a crystal ball

Advertisement
I’ll add that I think/hope Casey will continue to find his game. Both he and Watson have improved defensively and are starting to box out and fight for boards.

Casey was -8 in 11 minutes tonight. Watson was +6.

Casey makes a layup and finishes a dunk he’s -4 in 11 minutes and we can live with that.

Omier is extremely elite and you want every minute he can give… which is why we couldn’t get another high level big out of the portal… but we need Casey to be viable as a rotation player and I think he can be.

I’ll add that I think/hope Casey will continue to find his game. Both he and Watson have improved defensively and are starting to box out and fight for boards.

Casey makes a layup and finishes a dunk he’s -4 in 11 minutes and we can live with that.

Omier is extremely elite and you want every minute he can give… which is why we couldn’t get another high level big out of the portal… but we need Casey to be viable as a rotation player and I think he can be.
How are other teams able to have bigs but miami cant? That makes absolutely no sense.. Even freakin fiu, fau have big men.. We didnt even bring anyone in, dont try to tell me its raining..

Advertisement
He was bobbling gimme rebounds a month ago. Some guys need a minute to figure it out.
Hopefully he does. But I’m at the point of expecting nothing and if it comes then great. He just looks lost out there, everything he does looks hesitant.

And he had a few absolutely horrendous defensive possessions tonight, in particular helping off the weakside corner shooter for no reason at all at least twice.

How are other teams able to have bigs but miami cant? That makes absolutely no sense.. Even freakin fiu, fau have big men.. We didnt even bring anyone in, dont try to tell me its raining..
FIU’s bigs will get you FIU’s record. You don’t want to hear the reality, that’s fine… walk outside and see if you get wet. We added a top 100 freshman big who is still figuring it out. There wasn’t anyone in the portal who was good enough to make us better and also willing to be a sub with the available NIL.

Advertisement
Well he gave up a 3 at the end of the half. Left his guy wide open when he came to help.
Hard to blame Casey when Miami was in a 2-3 zone on that play and none one of us knew their assignments on that specific play. There are multiple ways to rotate and defend out of a zone. Hate to throw salt on the wound, but if I remember correctly Nwoko was playing behind the post man allowing him for an easy entry pass. You usually want to front or play off his hip in that situation to make the entry pass harder. In either case, it's all speculative because don't think neither one of us know what rotation they were in on that play.

It's almost comical reading some of the crap people were giving Casey last night. Casey was more than serviceable vs Clemson. Was active. Contested shots. Ran the floor hard. Played with energy and effort. Yeah, ideally I would love to have seen him finish the bunny. The alley-oop wasn't as easy as I initially thought. And he had a missed 3 from the top of the key that hit the front of the rim. One thing I continue to notice is he's still doing a poor job of getting big. That's why the slightest nudge sends him flying. He plays too tall with his feet together. Needs to widen his base. That would put a halt to all the falling and getting pushed around.

Advertisement
Back