Miami bs Ole Miss - 3pm, Channel on TV

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Can't figure out how it's so prevalent among the team. We are not a power hitting team, but up and down the lineup they swing for the fences over and over again....and then watch strike 3 go by.
I wouldn't mind *as* much if we were swinging for the fences on hitters counts / first pitch fastballs, but we seem to just watch those and then take massive cuts on pitchers pitches

I don’t have a lot to say except this is the expected outcome.
A great effort from our pitching staff only giving up 2 runs. However, the bats are an issue.

This game could have been had in the 1st inning.

It's like your opponent in football fumbling on its own 25 three times in the 1st qtr, but you don't move the ball and miss the chip shot field goals.

Advertisement
We look like a team that is coached by a very data driven staff. Offensively it’s “if it’s high let it fly” and if it’s low let it go. We want to try to elevate any chance we get. Which works great if you have a bunch of Yo-yo type guys. Prob is we have a handful of guys who are 5’11 175 that are better suited to hit singles, doubles, and then pounce on a mistake to get guys on in front of yo yo or set the table at the bottom and turn the line up over.

Instead we look like we are told “it’s 2-1, we take unless it’s a fastball middle/middle in. Then they put one on the corner then we chase.

I’d love if they prove us wrong but even with a W tonight I don’t see how this team could win two tomorrow

The only way this team is moving to the Super Regionals is if it hits its way there. The pitching arms are going to be depleted, so we're going to have to score a bunch of runs. Double digits likely.

Advertisement
The only chance this program has going forward is if Rad goes to old man Dimare and tells him his money will no longer protect his little boys job and if he wants to take his money and go then don’t let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

This team has most of its main guys coming back next year but with Dimare and JD in charge they have no more chance next year as they do this year…
Like I said it’s going to get to the point where the top talent is going to go elsewhere and Gino can’t coach a good team with talent so what will he do without all this talent.

Blake was scared to death to say anything to the old man for fear of losing his money.We don’t seem to have that problem any longer and I doubt Rad will continue to watch this ****show where a team with a ton of talent is so poorly coached without making a move to correct it.

At least I hope not.

I wouldn't mind *as* much if we were swinging for the fences on hitters counts / first pitch fastballs, but we seem to just watch those and then take massive cuts on pitchers pitches
I hate to say it as Gino and I used to be friends but he really is a corch. He and his staff make zero in game adjustments.

Watching some of these other regionals. We don't belong, plain and simple.
Oh good lord, we **** the bed on a game we had to win, but Ole Miss is playing very good baseball right now. McFarlane mental lapses with two outs. And of course, Gino folding in May yet again.

Advertisement
Back