Miami bs Ole Miss - 3pm, Channel on TV

Advertisement
Advertisement
A prime Jim Morris is playing for the national title with this roster.
I have to agree. He definitely phoned it in the last few years, but in his prime, he was as good at pushing the right buttons as any college baseball coach I have seen. Skip just out-slugged everyone during gorilla ball, but was a great coach as well.

I agree about need to evaluate better, but this team had the talent to go further.

The manager very clearly is lacking in overall strategy, situational awareness and adjustments, individual devleopment, and motivation.

The players are not without blame, of course. But this is not a manager who is putting individuals- or the team- in the best place to succeed.

That's the worst indictment I can think of.

I agree about need to evaluate better, but this team had the talent to go further.

The manager very clearly is lacking in overall strategy, situational awareness and adjustments, individual devleopment, and motivation.

The players are not without blame, of course. But this is not a manager who is putting individuals- or the team- in the best place to succeed.

That's the worst indictment I can think of.

Gino DeMadre is horrible.
Shame on the AD for allowing nepotism to hurt what was once a national power.

Advertisement
One elite arm does not equal Omaha. Difficult to imagine #3 could have gotten past a Southern Miss team in a Super. What coaching blunders were there during the regional?

Missing a plan of attack at the plate is bad hitting by a player and bad coaching by a coach. It seemed particularly bad against Ole Miss.

One elite arm does not equal Omaha. Difficult to imagine #3 could have gotten past a Southern Miss team in a Super. What coaching blunders were there during the regional?

Missing a plan of attack at the plate is bad hitting by a player and bad coaching by a coach. It seemed particularly bad against Ole Miss.
Either we had the #1 recruiting class and a national seed, or we weren’t an Omaha team, but one of the narratives has to change. We can’t praise Gino for his recruiting and his great season and then claim that we weren’t good enough to beat a #3 seed.

Either we had the #1 recruiting class and a national seed, or we weren’t an Omaha team, but one of the narratives has to change. We can’t praise Gino for his recruiting and his great season and then claim that we weren’t good enough to beat a #3 seed.

How long should any head coach be given these days in college baseball? I believe year three is the money year. Yes there are other factors, but from all accounts the only thing lacking from Gino is a better product on the field.
Seems like he deserves another year bc it’ll be year three. Right? The Covid season messes me up in addition to a good IPA and 🌿
Anyways the consensus seems to be fire him.

If it is year four but Covid makes it three. Or whatever.

Let’s see if he can put it together next year.

I think a solid three years is minimum. On the other hand we are Miami. Maybe two should be the standard
1654724905825.png

How long should any head coach be given these days in college baseball? I believe year three is the money year. Yes there are other factors, but from all accounts the only thing lacking from Gino is a better product on the field.
Seems like he deserves another year bc it’ll be year three. Right? The Covid season messes me up in addition to a good IPA and 🌿
Anyways the consensus seems to be fire him.

If it is year four but Covid makes it three. Or whatever.

Let’s see if he can put it together next year.

I think a solid three years is minimum. On the other hand we are Miami. Maybe two should be the standardView attachment 188668
The thing clouding this for a lot of us is we don’t think he deserved the job to begin with. He was de facto head coach when we missed the tournament two years in a row. There were better options out there.

Advertisement
The thing clouding this for a lot of us is we don’t think he deserved the job to begin with. He was de facto head coach when we missed the tournament two years in a row. There were better options out there.
Thank you for the context. I can see how that would possibly change things for some people.

His family money that went to the U, what impact did it have on the University?

Oh, he's definitely not going to get fired....we know this because of Daddy Tomato....but he is terrible and should have never landed that job if merit means anything.
I never said Gino was a great coach, all I said is he isn't getting fired especially after the success the team had in the regular season. Of you want to rip me go ahead, I'm just stating the obvious

Advertisement
I never said Gino was a great coach, all I said is he isn't getting fired especially after the success the team had in the regular season. Of you want to rip me go ahead, I'm just stating the obvious

Lol at success.
Baseball program is a perennially overrated garbage program and is currently fsu and uf's cabin boy...stating the obvious.

I will state again… There are no new trophies in the trophy case. He’s won nothing. He’s never even made it out of a regional. Regular season success means nothing to people who watched the games.

Alllllll the impact.

If you are saying at a point when the University was in need, Gino's family came through for the University . . .

You provided more context for me. Admittedly, I have like 2% emotions in this, so Im not affected by what has transpired. But:)

This will be year 4 of 5 for Gino with Covid season, right? To all the hard core Wizard fans, I am with you. Only one Wizard right!!!!!!!!!!

I would love it if UM baseball was important enough to the University that Omaha was the standard. I think Rad should have already sat down with Gino now that the season is over. What is on that plan of action? A year from now hopefully we are getting ready to host a Super. If not, I hope we are on the road for a Super. If not . . . I am hopeful Rad was able to say NOWish that Omaha is the standard and you Gino have been head ball coach for 4 seasons . . .

Advertisement
Back