Miami Basketball is very good and fun to watch

Yeah I see your point. I could absolutely see them trying to keep UVA up there although with two straight losses and bunch of closer than expected ones that would be ridiculous

I think if the loss to Maryland hadn’t been so bad, we would’ve gotten a little more love quicker….they were the only good team we played up to that point and we didn’t show up

But now, considering our body of work so far I can see us sneaking up to the top 15 . An 8 game streak with a top 10 win is nothing to sniff at . We also had a couple teams in front us lose, a couple that play each other later this week, and then a few in there that have similar records but don’t have as good a win as we now do

Providence - who just beat Marquette - is a good team. But yeah the Maryland game definitely set us back. But now with wins over Providence, Rutgers, UCF, NC State, and UVA and only 1 loss to a very good team… our resume is definitely top 15.

Advertisement
Glad you could make it out, sad that you haven't been able to catch more games.

The Knight Center years were fantastic for my first few years of college, you were literally a couple of rows behind the players. The Miami Arena was probably "too big". I really like the feel in the on-campus arena.

I got to sit close to the bench at the UCF game in Orlando and I have similar seats for the GaTech game in Atlanta. Should be fun on January 4th, really looking forward to that one.
Yeah, I’ve never been much of a cbb fan. I'll watch UM bball here and there and certainly when they're in the tourney but I've never followed as closely like I do the football team. But I had so much fun and it was such a nice environment that I am contemplating picking up 2 season tickets for next year. The prices are really affordable.

Advertisement
Beating Notre Dame handily on the road is deserving of this thread going back to the top.
UM basketball is so much fun to watch this year and a great way to pass the next 3-4 months which will take us right into spring practice.
I feel pretty confident that we have at least a Sweet 16 team and potentially much better this year.

Beating Notre Dame handily on the road is deserving of this thread going back to the top.
UM basketball is so much fun to watch this year and a great way to pass the next 3-4 months which will take us right into spring practice.
I feel pretty confident that we have at least a Sweet 16 team and potentially much better this year.
Omier needs to stay out of foul trouble in the tourney if we hope to go deep. He's a force in the paint and it's noticeable when Coach L sits him after he reaches 3 fouls in the first half.

But yeah, great win yesterday, 2nd half team as usual. I'm gonna stop sweating us falling behind late in the 1st half. I hate it, but we always seem to win the 2nd half as we did yesterday.

What's scary is there's still room for improvement. How many 8 or 9 point leads did we have where we had an opportunity to step on their throats but let them get back within 4? Not a criticism as much as an observation.

Fun to watch for sure.

Advertisement
Providence - who just beat Marquette - is a good team. But yeah the Maryland game definitely set us back. But now with wins over Providence, Rutgers, UCF, NC State, and UVA and only 1 loss to a very good team… our resume is definitely top 15.
No one beats Maryland that day. Check what they shot from the field and 3. It was an outlier.

My pick is UCLA to win it all, but I see us as a Sweet 16/Elite 8 team again this year. Fun team to watch.

I just thought this deserved to be bumped to the top in honor of the Canes winning the ACC last night.

I still agree with my early season analysis of our team, but I need to add that Wooga has developed into so much more than a dunker. Not only does he have a deadly midrange off the dribble, but he has quietly (until last night), become a very consistent 3 point shooter. Wooga‘s overall development during this season has been great to observe.

I just thought this deserved to be bumped to the top in honor of the Canes winning the ACC last night.

I still agree with my early season analysis of our team, but I need to add that Wooga has developed into so much more than a dunker. Not only does he have a deadly midrange off the dribble, but he has quietly (until last night), become a very consistent 3 point shooter. Wooga‘s overall development during this season has been great to observe.
Agreed. This team has talent and depth to make a huge run come NCAA time. Offensively we are one of the top teams out there. Defensively Coach L has the guys playing tough right now. It’s been a great season thus far. Congratulations to the Canes bball team for winning the regular season ACC crown!!!

Advertisement
Agreed. This team has talent and depth to make a huge run come NCAA time. Offensively we are one of the top teams out there. Defensively Coach L has the guys playing tough right now. It’s been a great season thus far. Congratulations to the Canes bball team for winning the regular season ACC crown!!!
anything less than sweet 16 will be a serious disappointment. Seems to me that we are an elite 8 team but matchups and some unknown getting hot in the tourney are always X factors.

Advertisement
Coach L is the truth but the thing that kills me is that this team routinely can’t hold on to the ball at the end of games and it will eventually cost us. There were costly turnovers towards the end of the Pitt game that made the game very close. Also the defense is hit or miss down the stretch. If we do a better job with the ball and not let free layups this team can go far.

I recognize that I am on the wrong board but I am posting here because I want to encourage football fans to watch UM basketball.
Coach L with an experienced team and the ability to recruit outside of the Adidas nonsense is dangerous.
Highlights;
Wong and Pack are a very good backcourt
Poplar maybe the best dunker in college basketball. He is a highlight reel
Jordan Miller picked up where he left off. Great garbage player where you don’t have to run plays for him. And he is knocking down 3‘s
Omier maybe our best player and is killing people down low.
The freshmen are good
Everyone is contributing

Watch the games this weekend. Miami plays Providence Saturday and the the winner of _______ (I’m too lazy to look it up) on Sunday if they beat Providence.

If you go to the basketball board and look at the game specific threads, you will find condensed versions of the game; 10-12 minutes long. Definitely worth watching until we are regularly on TV.
Time for a bump. Thread bump that is

Time for a bump. Thread bump that is
Ive came to the conclusion this team has no MVP. It’s such a balanced starting five that every guy in that five is a must for this to work. Everyone has their important niche Including Wooga , who’s easily the best perimeter defender , long / Athletic and hits timely clutch shots / FT’s. That’s why I compare this team to the Gatuh b2b squad. It’s the perfect “ team “ . Somebody always picks up the other when 1-2 of the starters struggle. Balance.

Advertisement
Back