Miami Basketball is very good and fun to watch

Advertisement
Should be top 15 easy next week maybe higher

While I agree in theory, I'm not sure we'll get bumped that high.

I know that people like to whine when some of us post about being unranked early in the season. But it's for reasons like these. Because of where UVa was ranked (6) and where Miami was ranked (22), it's possible that UVa is STILL ranked ahead of us next week.

Polls matter. They aren't definitive, and you can outplay your poll position. But it also has an impact on seeding. It's all interrelated.

Those were the days. Riding the metrorail downtwon, walking in 10 minutes before gametime and landing floor seats in the student section.

Do you remember Joe Wylie? He was the first basketball hurricane player that I remembered. Wasn't much to root for during those Bill Foster days

Advertisement
Do you remember Joe Wylie? He was the first basketball hurricane player that I remembered. Wasn't much to root for during those Bill Foster days

Used to sit right behind the bench, watching Eric Brown and Dennis Burrrrrns...and Kevin Presto...

Those were the days...

Used to sit right behind the bench, watching Eric Brown and Dennis Burrrrrns...and Kevin Presto...

Those were the days...

lol how about Tito Horford? I love throwing the fun fact at people that Al father played for the Canes and was pretty good too

Advertisement

Yes! He and Joe Ross were seniors when I was a freshman. Then I got to enjoy the Constantin Popa era.

I know that people like to whine when some of us post about being unranked early in the season. But it's for reasons like these. Because of where UVa was ranked (6) and where Miami was ranked (22), it's possible that UVa is STILL ranked ahead of us next week.

Polls matter. They aren't definitive, and you can outplay your poll position. But it also has an impact on seeding. It's all interrelated.
We better be higher ranked than 10-3 Duke which was just spanked by Wake yesterday. if we aren’t then you know the rankings are complete BS

Advertisement
I recognize that I am on the wrong board but I am posting here because I want to encourage football fans to watch UM basketball.
Coach L with an experienced team and the ability to recruit outside of the Adidas nonsense is dangerous.
Highlights;
Wong and Pack are a very good backcourt
Poplar maybe the best dunker in college basketball. He is a highlight reel
Jordan Miller picked up where he left off. Great garbage player where you don’t have to run plays for him. And he is knocking down 3‘s
Omier maybe our best player and is killing people down low.
The freshmen are good
Everyone is contributing

Watch the games this weekend. Miami plays Providence Saturday and the the winner of _______ (I’m too lazy to look it up) on Sunday if they beat Providence.

If you go to the basketball board and look at the game specific threads, you will find condensed versions of the game; 10-12 minutes long. Definitely worth watching until we are regularly on TV.

And several folks on this board wanted him fired, even considering all of the off-court garbage with Shapiro and later FBI/Adidas stuff which he had nothing to do with.
Buffoons.

Yeah I see your point. I could absolutely see them trying to keep UVA up there although with two straight losses and bunch of closer than expected ones that would be ridiculous

I think if the loss to Maryland hadn’t been so bad, we would’ve gotten a little more love quicker….they were the only good team we played up to that point and we didn’t show up

But now, considering our body of work so far I can see us sneaking up to the top 15 . An 8 game streak with a top 10 win is nothing to sniff at . We also had a couple teams in front us lose, a couple that play each other later this week, and then a few in there that have similar records but don’t have as good a win as we now do

lol how about Tito Horford? I love throwing the fun fact at people that Al father played for the Canes and was pretty good too

Oh, yeah. And the one "regret" that Tito always cites is that he should have stayed at Miami for another year.

People have seen me post this enough, I have a soft spot for UM recruiting legacy players. Al Horford is near the top of the list for legacy guys I wish we had the juice to sign at the time.

Advertisement

Glad you could make it out, sad that you haven't been able to catch more games.

The Knight Center years were fantastic for my first few years of college, you were literally a couple of rows behind the players. The Miami Arena was probably "too big". I really like the feel in the on-campus arena.

I got to sit close to the bench at the UCF game in Orlando and I have similar seats for the GaTech game in Atlanta. Should be fun on January 4th, really looking forward to that one.

Glad you could make it out, sad that you haven't been able to catch more games.

The Knight Center years were fantastic for my first few years of college, you were literally a couple of rows behind the players. The Miami Arena was probably "too big". I really like the feel in the on-campus arena.

I got to sit close to the bench at the UCF game in Orlando and I have similar seats for the GaTech game in Atlanta. Should be fun on January 4th, really looking forward to that one.
Watching the games at the Knight Center still makes me laugh, when we put a basketball court onto a theatre stage, where the audience sat mostly on one side, like they were watching a musical. At the time, I didn't even care since I was just so happy they had revived the basketball program again. It's a shame that the same school that produced Rick Barry would end the program for any period of time.

I recognize that I am on the wrong board but I am posting here because I want to encourage football fans to watch UM basketball.
Coach L with an experienced team and the ability to recruit outside of the Adidas nonsense is dangerous.
Highlights;
Wong and Pack are a very good backcourt
Poplar maybe the best dunker in college basketball. He is a highlight reel
Jordan Miller picked up where he left off. Great garbage player where you don’t have to run plays for him. And he is knocking down 3‘s
Omier maybe our best player and is killing people down low.
The freshmen are good
Everyone is contributing

Watch the games this weekend. Miami plays Providence Saturday and the the winner of _______ (I’m too lazy to look it up) on Sunday if they beat Providence.

If you go to the basketball board and look at the game specific threads, you will find condensed versions of the game; 10-12 minutes long. Definitely worth watching until we are regularly on TV.
Isaiah Wong is our best player.

Advertisement
Back