Miami Basketball is very good and fun to watch

Since a lot of people here don’t follow Miami basketball, some of you may be surprised to know that Miami made the elite eight last year, for the first time in its history. That’s a huge deal. Keep making deep NCAA tournament runs, and one year you may find yourself in a final 4 or even a title game.

I was there for both games, Sweet 16 and Elite 8. Fantastic time.

Advertisement
We made it to the elite 8 last year. This team has alot more talent, plus they have 4 4 star freshmen who still have to develop during the season.
We will be good but we
I get ACCN, but all the games thus far have been on ESPN+. And none of the usual streaming sites seem to have their games thus far.
YouTube tv is what I have and I can log in to the watch espn app and watch all the games. They give me an option to choose espn+ (which costs money from a separate subscription) or watch with a tv provider which is included with my youtubetv account. Even got the FAMU game the other night.

They play a very european way. Tons of motion, passing and movement.

Theres more athletic ability now inside, so that absolutely helps

BUMP... in about 2 hours BIG game! (still time to get there in person GO CANES!)

1671577777012.png

Advertisement
I'll be there!!!

I'll be watching. They did a cool promo, where they were selling "student section" tickets to alums ("Cane For a Day"), so I'll be curious to see if the stands LOOK more full on television.

For the record, I was on TV quite a bit last night, I had floor seats for Magic-Hawks and I was sitting kinda-behind the Orlando side, but closer to midcourt.

These are for @brock , enjoy, my man!

Paolo:
GetAttachmentThumbnail

My guys:
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Oh, and Chris Tucker was there too...
GetAttachmentThumbnail

I recognize that I am on the wrong board but I am posting here because I want to encourage football fans to watch UM basketball.
Coach L with an experienced team and the ability to recruit outside of the Adidas nonsense is dangerous.
Highlights;
Wong and Pack are a very good backcourt
Poplar maybe the best dunker in college basketball. He is a highlight reel
Jordan Miller picked up where he left off. Great garbage player where you don’t have to run plays for him. And he is knocking down 3‘s
Omier maybe our best player and is killing people down low.
The freshmen are good
Everyone is contributing

Watch the games this weekend. Miami plays Providence Saturday and the the winner of _______ (I’m too lazy to look it up) on Sunday if they beat Providence.

If you go to the basketball board and look at the game specific threads, you will find condensed versions of the game; 10-12 minutes long. Definitely worth watching until we are regularly on TV.
Good win. And we did it with subpar games from Pack and Miller, and fouled out the big man.

Advertisement
I'll be watching. They did a cool promo, where they were selling "student section" tickets to alums ("Cane For a Day"), so I'll be curious to see if the stands LOOK more full on television.

For the record, I was on TV quite a bit last night, I had floor seats for Magic-Hawks and I was sitting kinda-behind the Orlando side, but closer to midcourt.

These are for @brock , enjoy, my man!

Paolo:
GetAttachmentThumbnail

My guys:
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Oh, and Chris Tucker was there too...
GetAttachmentThumbnail
Nice seats. Tucker must go to NBA games all the time. Every time I am at a Hawks game (2-3 times per season) he is in attendance.

I’ll add to the accolades, even though I’m probably not the best messenger, since I’m more knowledgeable about football, but all the calls for supporting this team are valid, and they are a fun team to watch. Adding to the OP’s observations:
  • Wong has been unreal this year; while he was inconsistent at times last year, he has been a monster this year, with a career high 36 points recently, and I believe at least 20 pts in five straight games. His best move was coming back this year as I can really see his stock rising.
  • Two of the most sought after players in the portal have both panned out. Pack and Omier have both been huge contributors and while Pack has cooled a little bit of late, Omier plays like he’s a dominant 7-footer and just shows what a different element we have with a powerful big man who can rebound and can be physically competitive with anyone.
  • Poplar and Joseph were liabilities last year when they’d enter games, but the light bulb has been lit with both of them, as they are playing really well, and Wooga has been particularly outstanding, and has grown as a player quite a bit from last year.
  • Jordan Miller - I can’t say enough complimentary things about him. He’s a Swiss army knife who can do everything well on both ends of the court. Incredibly well-rounded player.
  • Freshmen - have shown some signs of strong talent level, but at times are really inconsistent. Luckily, they have one of the best coaches in the country to help them grow.
  • Speaking of which, I thank the good Lord for Coal L. I hope the posters (who as recently as last year, were highly critical of Coach L), can more greatly appreciate what he has to offer. I had a front row seat when he took George Mason to the Final Four with a vastly lesser-talented team than the other schools at that time. He’s taken Miami to heights we haven’t seen in a long time if at all, and I think this year’s team plays better chemistry-wise than last year’s team, or the Larkin team. Besides, how many other coaches can say they don’t have a losing record against Coach K (even kicking his *** a couple of times).
  • They are fast, unbelievably athletic, and I’ve seen some games where it looks like half their points are alley-oops. They really have the ability to make a deep run in the tournament (knock on wood) if they stay healthy and don’t solely rely on the 3 to win games. If I was down in Miami, I’d be at every game and I hope the CIS team gets out and watches this team and supports them in person.

Advertisement
Advertisement
How was the crowd? From the TV it looked pretty good. I remember when the basketball program use to play at the Miami arena and it was very much our football team at Hard rock today
Crowd was solid. It's winter break so the student section energy was lacking, but otherwise the turnout was great and the crowd was relatively loud.

I remember when the basketball program use to play at the Miami arena and it was very much our football team at Hard rock today

Those were the days. Riding the metrorail downtwon, walking in 10 minutes before gametime and landing floor seats in the student section.

Advertisement
Back