Miami at UVA 5pm ET ACCN

The hot takes and bailing on the team. Gotta love this toxic garbage. Lots of winnable games coming down the stretch. Miami is still in control of their own destiny, but the effort has to improve. These freshmen have to start eating minutes, because you can't run a 6 man rotation and survive long term.
The real "toxic garbage" is the performance on the court. What are we supposed to do, high-five you?

Advertisement
The hot takes and bailing on the team. Gotta love this toxic garbage. Lots of winnable games coming down the stretch. Miami is still in control of their own destiny, but the effort has to improve. These freshmen have to start eating minutes, because you can't run a 6 man rotation and survive long term.
Not only a 6 man rotation. But a completely undersized 6 man rotation. This is going to be a very very tough stretch to end of season. We have to start shooting it better or it will be a full blown collapse. Tough to shoot much worse so we should see improvement

I'm def not bailing on them at all. Just the effort and energy the last two games has been pitiful. Its like they just assumed they could show up and get the W with the run they had been on this year. There are plenty of winnable games left but not if they play like this.

Advertisement
Are we going to continue to have to play zone? Teams have figured out the scramble and our man is flat out embarrassing for a bunch of 25 year olds out there. Something to monitor moving forward

drag race no GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Advertisement
This was par for the course. Not a good team
Terrible defensive team, for sure. Has been all year. It got masked in games where we forced a lot TO’s and got points off of them. But, as has been pointed out, the effort the last few games has been flat out pathetic. The number of uncontested dunks and layups we just gave up to a team that barely ranks in the top 100 in adjusted offense, is alarming.

Advertisement
The real "toxic garbage" is the performance on the court. What are we supposed to do, high-five you?
If you listen to our toxic fanbase, you'd think this team was 1-20 or something. You have lulls in every season. They've rebounded strongly from every loss this season, except for this week. L has to get them back on the same page, and the season isn't over. Perspective, it would be nice if our fans actually had some for once, instead of jumping to the nearest dumbass hot take. Then again, I'm convinced that the typical Miami fan actually enjoys it when the program struggles, because they love whining more than winning.

Miami has to come out strong against GT, show that this wasted week(and that's what it was, a wasted week) was an aberration. I need to see some of the bench step up, you can see that these starters are wearing down. The fact that Gak can't even give L 5 minutes a night is pathetic. Wooga has to start eating 8-10 minutes per night, that will go a long way to helping the starters.

Terrible defensive team, for sure. Has been all year. It got masked in games where we forced a lot TO’s and got points off of them. But, as has been pointed out, the effort the last few games has been flat out pathetic. The number of uncontested dunks and layups we just gave up to a team that barely ranks in the top 100 in adjusted offense, is alarming.
This team has to scramble and force turnovers and score in transition.

Didn't capitalize early off t.o. and missed alot of OPEN THREES. Like I said this team has run out of gas playing scramble D and keeping our startes out there for 90% of the time.

Advertisement
Beverly being out hurts as well. Would have a little more in the tank but at some point this fizzle was bound to happen.

I don’t mind a road loss, but the effort tonight was flat out embarrassing. No diving for loose balls, no grit on the glass, giving up so many uncontested layups and dunks. Just a lot of standing around and moping. I’m not sure if the team got overly confident after the 8-2 start but we clearly don’t look like the same team right now, especially offensively. Need to wake up fast before we end up in the NIT.

Advertisement
Back