Miami at UVA 5pm ET ACCN

If you listen to our toxic fanbase, you'd think this team was 1-20 or something. You have lulls in every season. They've rebounded strongly from every loss this season, except for this week. L has to get them back on the same page, and the season isn't over. Perspective, it would be nice if our fans actually had some for once, instead of jumping to the nearest dumbass hot take. Then again, I'm convinced that the typical Miami fan actually enjoys it when the program struggles, because they love whining more than winning.

Miami has to come out strong against GT, show that this wasted week(and that's what it was, a wasted week) was an aberration. I need to see some of the bench step up, you can see that these starters are wearing down. The fact that Gak can't even give L 5 minutes a night is pathetic. Wooga has to start eating 8-10 minutes per night, that will go a long way to helping the starters.
I don’t blame Gak. Anyone with two eyes could see after 4 seasons he’s just not good. The fact that L couldn’t land a transfer big was unacceptable and has absolutely killed us of late. We have no one who can defend the interior or grab a **** rebound. That’s on L.

Advertisement
...for all the reasons often stated (regarding bench depth, age, agility) we definitely need an energetic effort to do well. Seems emotion helps a lot (if the perimeter shots are sinking and/or the other team is missing shots and making turnovers galore) we can ride that energy to some nice wins...

...take that away, and a decent team like Virginia, at home, performing well, we fold like a broken accordian. And not only won't we dance, there may not even be music. Sure, we can excel again, but gonna take some good luck and (fast) breaks.

Advertisement
Yeah this team just isn't very good. It isn't deep at all and if they can't shoot the 3 they won't win! They can't stop anyone inside the paint. It's. Sad. This team has peaked! It's gonna be a rough finish to this season!
Only possible saving grace is the team has a ton of experience, which does count for something. I coulde see a 4-4 finish, giving us a 12-8 mark in the ACC. Might get us in if we win a game in the ACC Tourney.

Wong continues to disappoint and we got nothing today from our "bench."

Only possible saving grace is the team has a ton of experience, which does count for something. I coulde see a 4-4 finish, giving us a 12-8 mark in the ACC. Might get us in if we win a game in the ACC Tourney.

Wong continues to disappoint and we got nothing today from our "bench."
12-8 will get Miami in, especially if UNC and Duke continue to improve. Miami should do better than 4-4 coming down the stretch. Miami beats the teams they should beat, and potentially steals a sweep over WF, and that's safely in before the ACCT. Lots of winnable games coming down the stretch, the question is whether this team can get back on track. Mental residency has been a strong suit of this team all year, hopefully they can draw from those reserves now.

Advertisement
12-8 will get Miami in, especially if UNC and Duke continue to improve. Miami should do better than 4-4 coming down the stretch. Miami beats the teams they should beat, and potentially steals a sweep over WF, and that's safely in before the ACCT. Lots of winnable games coming down the stretch, the question is whether this team can get back on track. Mental residency has been a strong suit of this team all year, hopefully they can draw from those reserves now.
I’m not so sure 12-8 is a shoe in with how down the ACC is. Miami was 8-3 before today’s debacle, and a lot of the “bracket experts” had us as a 10 seed or worse.

I’m not so sure 12-8 is a shoe in with how down the ACC is. Miami was 8-3 before today’s debacle, and a lot of the “bracket experts” had us as a 10 seed or worse.

12-8 is most certainly not a guarantee to get us in. Especially depending on who the last 4 wins are against. We are not loved by the NET rankings(or any rankings for that matter). FSU continuing to pile up losses isn’t helping, either. A win at Wake would be huge, but that just isn’t a logical expectation. I’d be stunned if we won that game, tbh. But, we need to beat GT at home, first. The way we’re playing, nothing is a given.

Advertisement
Man that pack line defense is going to make this one of those grind it out games as usual with the hoos. Need Sam to get double digits tonight. We also need to be above 40% from behind the line.
Like I said 40% and Sam getting 10+ points and we win. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of t.o. we created early in the game. But what they didn't do was capitalize by missing 10 straight from behind the arc.

Advertisement
Back