Miami at Pitt 8pm ACCN

Advertisement
If the NET or other measurements of bracket-deserving performance take high note of winning margins, I can't say I feel real warm and fuzzy about the last 2 minutes. In fact, I'm not even sure putting the walk-ons in is good for bracketology...

But NICE WIN GUYS!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like Miami in this one. I think we win and cover the 4 pt spread as long as we can defend and can keep Pitt's' bigs off the glass. I've watched Pitt a few times, including the Pitt/UNC game. Pitt isn't a very good team. Inconsistent is an understatement. They were red hot vs UNC. I think they shot like 60% from 3-pt range that night. That's not normal for them however. Very helter-skelter. Their bigs are the only thing that I think of that can keep them in this game. If we can limit their touches and second chance opportunities Miami could run away with this one.

College Football Touchdown GIF by DICK'S Sporting Goods

:) Solid road win. GO CANES!!

Advertisement
Need another performance like this on Saturday at home...Hopefully they can get fired up for Sr. night. VT game was a battle up in Blacksburg

I know thats why I said "this season". Hes still very young... just expected a little more
I feel ya. Would've been nice to see him have more of an impact this season but considering he wasn't that highly regarded coming out of high school I'm not sure I expected much from him in year 1. It's still not too late for him. We've still got some games to go.

The one I'm worried about right now is Wong. He's only scored over 19 pts five times since November and just once in the last month and a half. Not sure if he's dealing with an injury or what not, but whatever it is I hope he can get back to his usual self. We're definitely going to need positive production from him the next few weeks.

I feel ya. Would've been nice to see him have more of an impact this season but considering he wasn't that highly regarded coming out of high school I'm not sure I expected much from him in year 1. It's still not too late for him. We've still got some games to go.

The one I'm worried about right now is Wong. He's only scored over 19 pts five times since November and just once in the last month and a half. Not sure if he's dealing with an injury or what not, but whatever it is I hope he can get back to his usual self. We're definitely going to need positive production from him the next few weeks.
Yeah he hasn't seemed the same lately. Still making some circus baskets but def could use more if they are gna make a run

OT- but I love that Jeff Capel is a major corch. Hilarious that they essentially ran Jamie Dixon out of there to replace him with Kevin Stallings and now this Coach Ratface disciple bum.

Advertisement

Wonder if he would consider returning again next year to be "the guy" offensively with Mcgusty and Moore gone

if the committee goes strictly by NET rating I think this team has done enough to get at least into the play in games. but I think if we finish 3-1 and win our first game in the ACC tourney we should be in the field fairly comfortably. or at least I hope so

Advertisement
Yeah he hasn't seemed the same lately. Still making some circus baskets but def could use more if they are gna make a run
Wong is an atrocious shooter and teams have figured him out. Going to have to make gigantic strides in the offseason since he won't have Moore or McGusty to play off of

He's regressed year over year. If I was Wong, I wouldn't be thinking about going anywhere
As i earlier said, I also have concerns about Wong, but i'm thinking it's more that (SOME) other teams (with astute coaches and the perfect-fit capable defensive player) have indeed figured him out, in some cases. Not sure "regressed" is a fair word, unless one thinks that it includes failure to make suitable adjustments (other than standing on the perimeter looking frustrated) for him... at the very least, when they somewhat-double-team him, Coach L surely needs to figure out a capable shooter in the less-covered role (other than Sam and Joseph on a bad night) to pick up the slack/ take advantage. That may be an impossible task, so I don't envy Coach L.

(and) When the tobacco road (and other) refs let the defenders "smother him" with their "let them play" approach, it doesn't go especially well for him at times.

He's regressed year over year. If I was Wong, I wouldn't be thinking about going anywhere
Regressed year over year? Wait! What? He went from averaging 7 ppg as a freshman to 17 ppg in year two. That's progression to me. Yes, this season his scoring average has dropped a point to just under 16 ppg but I think he's still very capable of turning it around. Personally, I'd like to see him be more aggressive. He seems to be doing a lot of standing around the 3-pt line looking to chuck shots, instead of staying in attack mode. Wong is a much better player when he's going down hill towards the basket. Too much settling. He gets into trouble when he becomes 1-dimensional.

Advertisement
Back