Miami at Georgia Tech (3-11-21) at 2:30 pm on the ACCN.

I was kinda curious why they ended up doing the scramble defense on the possession where they were only down 3 with just under a minute to play. I get they had fouls to give and GT had looked flustered b4 but it lead to a guy wide open for an easy layup to push it to 5. Would have been nice to see them just try to play straight up good man defense and possibly get that stop and have the ball back only down 3 there

Advertisement
Few days does not make up for an entire season of L's, yes I enjoyed this run big time but lots of work needs to be done for this team to become an NCAA Tourney team once again.
Thanks for the assessment Coach Wooden. Perhaps it starts with a nearly complete roster. I've been hard on Larranaga as much as anybody, but finishing up with 6 scholarship players killed us down the stretch. Before I commit to doom and gloom, I'd like to know who is staying and who is coming back.

So whats the roster outlook for next year lookin like? I havent kept up with the Miami basketball news as much after this season started to go down the tubes... Beverly, Wong, Timberlake and Walker all expected back? Rest will be recruits or transfers?

Advertisement
If we win, welikely get Vit=rgui
Yep. I imagine it’s locked and loaded right now. He’s a great fit there and he’d enjoy being home
Well, he'd likely be second fiddle (among their guards) to Donte Harris; same as he probably would here to Wong, if he stays.

So whats the roster outlook for next year lookin like? I havent kept up with the Miami basketball news as much after this season started to go down the tubes... Beverly, Wong, Timberlake and Walker all expected back? Rest will be recruits or transfers?
I just hope no one else decides to xsfer -- always a possibly. More so on a last place conference team.

Dude. Really.
Be honest, Sam had one good game last year.
That was against Illinois.
I'd bet a count of how many ACC teams would want Walker over Sam wouldn't even be close. Walker would win any such "vote" in a landslide. Sam is a repeat of Ivan Uceda (altho I liked Uceda's 3 pt stroke better). Walker's close to averaging 10 ppg on a team that can't score (twice what Sam can give you). Both average about 5 rpg.

Advertisement
Thanks for the assessment Coach Wooden. Perhaps it starts with a nearly complete roster. I've been hard on Larranaga as much as anybody, but finishing up with 6 scholarship players killed us down the stretch. Before I commit to doom and gloom, I'd like to know who is staying and who is coming back.
Why come on a site about opinions to then be a diva about an opinion? He doesn’t have a full roster cause yearly players are transferring, he doesn’t fill the roster despite open scholarships, he doesn’t recruit locally, we can’t find a big man anywhere, and he relies on transfers. It’s a ******* joke to be like this a second year. You can excuse injuries if all the other issues, like an empty roster and a freshman leaving, weren’t an issue. He needs to go. It’s 3-4 years of **** already

I got 4 likes so technically not lol
couldnt see game bu5 reviewing stats it seems we just had 3-4 too many TOs that if we just get shots up we win. Not god from 3s either but more in line with whole year.... last game was an aberration.

Why come on a site about opinions to then be a diva about an opinion? He doesn’t have a full roster cause yearly players are transferring, he doesn’t fill the roster despite open scholarships, he doesn’t recruit locally, we can’t find a big man anywhere, and he relies on transfers. It’s a ******* joke to be like this a second year. You can excuse injuries if all the other issues, like an empty roster and a freshman leaving, weren’t an issue. He needs to go. It’s 3-4 years of **** already
Thank you Captain Obvious. Some of us have been posting all season. His post brought absolutely nothing new. I was being sarcastic.

Advertisement
couldnt see game bu5 reviewing stats it seems we just had 3-4 too many TOs that if we just get shots up we win. Not god from 3s either but more in line with whole year.... last game was an aberration.
We were 1 for 8 with 8 TOs down a pivotal point. Clearly out of gas. Wong played all 40 minutes and literally could not hit the rim the last 4 minutes.

Advertisement
Disappointing finish to the game, but a great effort exhibited by the team this entire week. Credit to all those guys for not quitting when they easily could have packed it in. That said, as encouraging as the past few games have been I hope it doesn't mask the problems our basketball program is currently facing. Changes must be made.
This. One good week doesn’t take away 3 years of atrocious basketball. I’m proud of these guys, but we can’t just continue doing the status quo and expect much different.

This. One good week doesn’t take away 3 years of atrocious basketball. I’m proud of these guys, but we can’t just continue doing the status quo and expect much different.
I don't mind coach L staying 1 more season.but next season is NCAA tournament or he has to go.no excuses

Nope , but I chose to be positive and cheer not jeer. Of course the odds were low, but I will always cheer during the game!! You were one of the ones who thought we would not win one game!! Much less two and almost three!! Great fight at the end of a tough season!
Blake James is this you? Who gives two craps about winning meaninglessness games.

Cheer all you want...Coach L sucks

Advertisement
Back