Miami-Arkansas State cancelled

View as article
Advertisement
Storms gonna stay in Atlantic.

Just bought us an bye week for fsu instead of back to back road games.

And it's ******* Arkansas State. Florida - LSU was cancelled last season too.

I want them to beat FSU and not be distracted all week when they need to be focused and practicing.

I guarantee you not one family member of any player will be hurt by Irma. People like you just love to be dramatic and sappy.

You're either an imbecile or completely clueless to what a category 5 hurricane means in terms of devastation. The governor issued a state of emergency but the FSU game is much more important than the safety of families to you?

I don't know how anyone can definitively say that no one will be hurt by Hurricane Irma in South Florida.

Strongest hurricane to ever be recorded. This thing's going to do some damage. The only thing that's shocking to me was that this game wasn't called earlier. Fck what Ark. St. thinks. If they want to say we're scared, then have at it.

I didn't say that nobody in South Florida would be hurt. I said that none of the family members of the players would be hurt.

Need me to spell it out? Unless things have changed since I went there, the UM dorms double as hurricane shelters. You don't think they would open their doors to the family members of players?

Sue me for not thinking it's a good idea to have our team in the middle of all the chaos that's sure to come, leading up to the most important game of the season.

Like a baseball team leaving town for spring ball, I think getting out of town would be good for the team to keep them focused.

Jesus christ you're ****ing stupid. You don't think their families need help loading up vehicles and boarding up windows? Or clearing debris in the aftermath. GTFOH.

University of Miami to Parents: We're sorry to inform you we have a big game coming up in two weeks so we can't let your son help secure you're home, get your grandma out of the old folks home, load up family memories in the truck and clear fallen trees from your yard. They are our property, you can have them back in 4 years.

The fact some of you simps actually think playing ark st is a good idea is baffling.

This guy is definitely right.. Especially when Richts whole theme is family oriented and loving the players and community.. He allows this game to be played he must think of a whole new philosophic strategy for this program.

Yep..now we KNOW that Walton, Norton, Richards, etc will be availabe for FSU. That's comforting. I would've liked to watch us play on Saturday but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Yep..now we KNOW that Walton, Norton, Richards, etc will be availabe for FSU. That's comforting. I would've liked to watch us play on Saturday but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Didn't mean to vote

Advertisement
Only team in the state not playing, plus its gonna stay east.

Not a good look for Miami.

Radio shows already taking trash.

They won't be getting ready like they would during a normal bye week.

This storm is going to be a huge distraction.

The best thing from a pure football perspective would have been to get these guys out of Miami, play the Arkansas State game, and practice in Atlanta away from all the distractions.

Totally agree here with this comment. The powers that be made the FSU/Miami game happen last year without a postponement right after a Hurricane hit!!! We will not be better prepared for FSU bc of this extra week. IF the hurricane hits, depending on the damage, the FSU game may even be in jeopardy based on road/utilities access, etc. Bad deal all around. Kids would have been safer in Arkansas and then to Atlanta for FSU prep. I just hope the storm turns north for everyones sake...I could care less about Arkansas State and if they are ****ed or not...

a4sinq.jpg

Advertisement
I hope the team uses today and tomorrow to practice for FSU. May not have the chance to until Tuesday. Two full-pads practices is typically what a team does to prepare for an opponent so if we could squeeze in three or more its advantage us.

I hope the team uses today and tomorrow to practice for FSU. May not have the chance to until Tuesday. Two full-pads practices is typically what a team does to prepare for an opponent so if we could squeeze in three or more its advantage us.

NOT PRACTICING ANYTIME SOON.

PLAYERS HAVE ORDERS TO HUG AND KISS THEIR FAMILIES NONSTOP FOR THE STORM THAT WILL PROBABLY MISS US.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dude, [MENTION=9338]RVACane[/MENTION], that might be the creepiest gif I've ever seen. Props brotha.

This goes way beyond football. For guys who talk **** about this being a family of a program and who love the Canes, y'all sure as **** don't show it. I'm not a sappy, corny dude, but this storm is only the largest recorded hurricane in history and these kids are worried about it. Look at these tweets from our own players. You guys really think they give a **** about playing Ark State or do you think they have other things on their minds? Bunch of half brained dip****s in our fan base. All y'all care about is being able to talk **** on Twitter and pump your chest. Our players are for real nervous for their families but y'all can't talk **** to FSU fans on Twitter or recoup the money you paid for the game. Tighten the **** up

[TWEET]905412642482814976[/TWEET]

[TWEET]905446801989349376[/TWEET]

[TWEET]905425082566238210[/TWEET]

[TWEET]905419128126746624[/TWEET]

This goes way beyond football. For guys who talk **** about this being a family of a program and who love the Canes, y'all sure as **** don't show it. I'm not a sappy, corny dude, but this storm is only the largest recorded hurricane in history and these kids are worried about it. Look at these tweets from our own players. You guys really think they give a **** about playing Ark State or do you think they have other things on their minds? Bunch of half brained dip****s in our fan base. All y'all care about is being able to talk **** on Twitter and pump your chest. Our players are for real nervous for their families but y'all can't talk **** to FSU fans on Twitter or recoup the money you paid for the game. Tighten the **** up

[TWEET]905412642482814976[/TWEET]

[TWEET]905446801989349376[/TWEET]

[TWEET]905425082566238210[/TWEET]

[TWEET]905419128126746624[/TWEET]
[/QUOTE]

Kids??

lmfao

I swore my oath at 17 years old. 18E

Fvck your psussy way of thinking.

Advertisement
Back