Miami Admin Remains the Problem

Very few UM fans have been more critical of the UM administration than me. That said, I cannot fault the administration on this one. Mario had so much support that it would've been career suicide for anyone at UM to have blocked his hiring. As well, Mario's resume was sufficient enough to get the job. Let's not act like he was a Coker-Randy-Manny type hire. Dude has successes on his resume.

And quite frankly, Im still a Mario supporter. I've a lot of good things since he's been here.
You good with Miami's admin hiring a coach, which we all know they're soooo qualified to do. Rather than hiring an AD and letting him go through an interview process and hire the best candidate?

Advertisement
How can it be admin. They gave the fans everything we have wanted for decades!

A Miami Cane coach
80 million salary
Tons of money for coaches
Ruiz Wallet(although empty)

Dot. Blame this on admin blame it on Cristomoron!

It’s just too much Miami & not enough critical thinking going on with this program.

Their answer for literally everything is just try to recreate the old Miami & that’s just stupid.

The decision makers & people with money are just stuck in the past.
The past will NEVER be replicated. I’ve said many times the 8 year stretch from 83-91 and then 10 years later winning #5 is NOT the norm for UM football. Many extenuating circumstances led to those national championships and we’ve fallen so far behind it’ll take a truly transcendent HC to give us any remote possibility of returning to a championship football program.

Last edited:
People always blame the coaches and “development and schemes.” They would rather believe that than the obvious explanation… our players aren’t as good as people want to think they are.

We haven’t recruited good enough football players.
110% true. Even with Mario's presumed shrewdness .... maybe we built it but THEY didn't come. I mostly blame suspect NIL, which is partially an admin thing in a way. The benefactors (other than Ruiz) give plenty but for salaries and academics and facilities not for the current version of "bags" (now known as NIL). Same old story there. Maybe a bad example but think Cormani. If we had the right bucks in the right place we would do much MUCH better than TVD and Jaden Davis and other players that are proving NOT to be championship talent no matter who coaches them.

You good with Miami's admin hiring a coach, which we all know they're soooo qualified to do. Rather than hiring an AD and letting him go through an interview process and hire the best candidate?

In this application, yes. I dont wanna do the whole resume versus resume thing, but Mario's resume was sufficient enough to warrant his hiring. And again, he had massive football alumni support. On paper, Mario is the best hire since Dennis Erickson.

AD Radakovich has a solid resume. Look what he did with the baseball coaching hire. Straight nonsense. And again, Rad is very qualified. What makes you think UM is capable of conducting a real, nation-wide search for a head coach? Remember, they backed into coach L, who sent an email to UM asking to be considered for the job.

Advertisement
In this application, yes. I dont wanna do the whole resume versus resume thing, but Mario's resume was sufficient enough to warrant his hiring. And again, he had massive football alumni support. On paper, Mario is the best hire since Dennis Erickson.

AD Radakovich has a solid resume. Look what he did with the baseball coaching hire. Straight nonsense. And again, Rad is very qualified. What makes you think UM is capable of conducting a real, nation-wide search for a head coach? Remember, they backed into coach L, who sent an email to UM asking to be considered for the job.
richt was the best hire bt Mario is second

Didn't Mario benefit from a down Pac-12 while he was at Oregon? I think the only other decent teams were Utah and Washington
name the active coaches who have won Power 5 conference titles 2 consecutive years and played for a 3rd in a 3 year span. The list is VERY short. Winning a P5 conf championship is not easy no matter the circumstances. He has proven he can win, and he will win here also.

Advertisement
We used our one-time get out of jail free card from austerity prison using Johnny Ruiz's Felon Bucks on the most Miami hire ever. We're a joke. We've always been a joke. We'll always be a joke.

This OP has been written three thousand times over the past five years and that's only because it took us that long to realize the Miami admin is the problem. Not Randy. Not Golden. Not Richt or Manny. They are incapable of making a smart athletic hire unless it lands on their feet because they're not interested in making good hires or even know how to do them.

We're just some stupid Miami Bubble school that thinks we can bro our way to victory while the rest of the country laugh themselves silly at how bad we get it wrong.

Advertisement
UM's QB situation last year was much worse with TVD's injuries
The offense last year was terrible bc Gattis was a Mario special, terrible hire. Thorne would have been just as bad as Garcia and Brown in that system. He barely throws for 100 a game in Freeze’s QB friendly offense.

If Freeze had gotten this job he’d be better than 9-9.

Advertisement

No. That's not the way to run a proper athletic department. 2 years in and it looks like the wheels are starting to come off..
Most people believe Rad is just mailing it in and Mario is doing what Mario has always done. The future is bright right?

The offense last year was terrible bc Gattis was a Mario special, terrible hire. Thorne would have been just as bad as Garcia and Brown in that system. He barely throws for 100 a game in Freeze’s QB friendly offense.

If Freeze had gotten this job he’d be better than 9-9.
I Dont Think So No Way GIF

the issue is that would not have been the offer for anyone else. it would only be that for Mario bc thats the number it likely took after we passed on him post richt. the biggest issue is that the resources finally being invested are only for Mario and not for any other coach that could have been hired. fwiw, im not a fan of his contract not bc its Mario but for anyone bc its impossible to get out of. ATM gave out a huge deal to fisher and its flopping.
This is the main problem and i been saying it for 2 years now. Mario isn’t a bad hire but when u have our history WHY TF would u not do a real search…

I know why, they only want to see the program succeed on their terms, they want it to be with their guy..They don’t know any better and have positions they aren’t qualified for

Advertisement
Back