Miami Admin Remains the Problem

the issue is that would not have been the offer for anyone else. it would only be that for Mario bc thats the number it likely took after we passed on him post richt. the biggest issue is that the resources finally being invested are only for Mario and not for any other coach that could have been hired. fwiw, im not a fan of his contract not bc its Mario but for anyone bc its impossible to get out of. ATM gave out a huge deal to fisher and its flopping.
UM should have told Mario the best we can do is a 6-year contract. If that was not good enough for Mario, so be it.

Advertisement
Can’t believe we hired Howard, Jimmy, Dennis, and Butch in succession, followed by…

Howard / Outsider - championship
Jimmy / Outsider - championship
Dennis / Outsider - 2 championships
Butch / Insider - 0 championships but built the best squad ever.
Clappy / Insider - 1 championship

So 4 of 5 championships came from outsiders. That should have given the UM admin a hint on where to look for a coach.

we've done this three times now? last true coaching search we did was what? richt?
Honestly I don’t remember if we even really had one then? A little bit maybe

Golden was a thorough search

We can’t do either right apparently

I said it would be coaching malpractice and a fireable offense to not win 9 games with this team and this schedule. It’s exactly what we’ve gotten. This school is an embarrassment.

Only at Miami does the head coach get hired before the AD

Only at Miami does the head coach hire assistants before hiring the coordinators

Yes, the admin is dysfunctional.

The result is a dude that fronts as a coach, with a huge longterm contract, that is no smarter than a Chia pet and a team that takes on that dude's personality.

Advertisement
the issue is that would not have been the offer for anyone else. it would only be that for Mario bc thats the number it likely took after we passed on him post richt. the biggest issue is that the resources finally being invested are only for Mario and not for any other coach that could have been hired. fwiw, im not a fan of his contract not bc its Mario but for anyone bc its impossible to get out of. ATM gave out a huge deal to fisher and its flopping.

UF fans have the luxury of knowing that if everything goes sideways, there is still a slight possibility that Urban Meyer would be willing to come back, especially if Saban retires. I think Meyers ego isn't going to let him end his career on the note it did, and the one thing that he knows would change the narrative from perv who got fired is to end up with more rings than Saban and go down as the GOAT.

What do we have in our back pocket? Well, I think enough time has passed for Gruden that he can return to football and rehab his image. So we got that going for us.

Not sure when many of you all will learn that this program will be nothing until the people pulling the actual strings are changed.

It’s not TVD. It’s not our coordinators. It’s not the refs. We have people in charge of this athletic department that continue to make decisions based on everything but truly the desire to win. Mario was hired here because he was “their guy.” We all know that we were keeping Manny but for Mario. Rudy Fernandez? What a ******* nerd. The **** does he know about successful CFB? Rad is clearly here collecting paychecks. Everyone from top to bottom is a ******* loser.

If you need another example, look at baseball. A once proud program that interviewed some very competent candidates only to turn around and hire the idiot who has been a large source of the problem. But yet again, Miami was more concerned with hiring “their guy” instead of who is the most competent.

Laranaga is the only real coach in the entire place and had to send us his wiki because the geniuses in the AD never heard of him.

And yet some of you all think a new QB solves our problems 💀
I blame Shalala.

Also Tad Foote.

While I'm at, **** Paul Dee.

@TheOriginalCane did I miss anyone?

I've always said I want a coach who isn't a career coach (Saban being a rarity and the most recent example), but someone that still wants a challenge. The challenge would be getting us to the top. If they followed someone at the top, the challenge was to keep us there.

At the end of the day, the question I would want answered is do you see a challenge beyond that? That's the NFL, do it big here and then make it big there. Not many coaches have done it big at all levels. The ones that have tried (and even failed) have a burning desire to continue challenging themselves.

We've had those kinds of people. They're never content and push themselves outside of their comfort zone. Those are driven people, that's what I want in a coach. Not someone who is content and sees this as a lifelong gig.

We aren't like other schools. We get to the top and keep doing things the same way, people will catch up and surpass us.

The last QB from UM who did anything in the NFL was born in 1963. Over the last 25 years, we’ve had one drafted and play. I don’t think people understand how absurd that is. No kid we’re recruiting has ever watched a UM quarterback play in the NFL. The first priority should be hiring a staff that is most likely to fix that.

Advertisement

So 4 of 5 championships came from outsiders. That should have given the UM admin a hint on where to look for a coach.

The only diligence they needed to do was head up to Tampa and play a round of golf with Mario’s old defensive coordinator, like I did. He would’ve scared them straight. Mario’s ineptitude and lack of basic football knowledge are well known within coaching circles.

Not sure when many of you all will learn that this program will be nothing until the people pulling the actual strings are changed.

It’s not TVD. It’s not our coordinators. It’s not the refs. We have people in charge of this athletic department that continue to make decisions based on everything but truly the desire to win. Mario was hired here because he was “their guy.” We all know that we were keeping Manny but for Mario. Rudy Fernandez? What a ******* nerd. The **** does he know about successful CFB? Rad is clearly here collecting paychecks. Everyone from top to bottom is a ******* loser.

If you need another example, look at baseball. A once proud program that interviewed some very competent candidates only to turn around and hire the idiot who has been a large source of the problem. But yet again, Miami was more concerned with hiring “their guy” instead of who is the most competent.

Laranaga is the only real coach in the entire place and had to send us his wiki because the geniuses in the AD never heard of him.

And yet some of you all think a new QB solves our problems 💀
I would love to hear step by step your path to success.

I got it! Hire coaches from TEMPLE!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s just too much Miami & not enough critical thinking going on with this program.

Their answer for literally everything is just try to recreate the old Miami & that’s just stupid.

The decision makers & people with money are just stuck in the past.

Advertisement
Back