Miami Admin Remains the Problem

McGahee2TheHouse

All-American
Premium
Not sure when many of you all will learn that this program will be nothing until the people pulling the actual strings are changed.

It’s not TVD. It’s not our coordinators. It’s not the refs. We have people in charge of this athletic department that continue to make decisions based on everything but truly the desire to win. Mario was hired here because he was “their guy.” We all know that we were keeping Manny but for Mario. Rudy Fernandez? What a ******* nerd. The **** does he know about successful CFB? Rad is clearly here collecting paychecks. Everyone from top to bottom is a ******* loser.

If you need another example, look at baseball. A once proud program that interviewed some very competent candidates only to turn around and hire the idiot who has been a large source of the problem. But yet again, Miami was more concerned with hiring “their guy” instead of who is the most competent.

Laranaga is the only real coach in the entire place and had to send us his wiki because the geniuses in the AD never heard of him.

And yet some of you all think a new QB solves our problems 💀

Advertisement
Not sure when many of you all will learn that this program will be nothing until the people pulling the actual strings are changed.

It’s not TVD. It’s not our coordinators. It’s not the refs. We have people in charge of this athletic department that continue to make decisions based on everything but truly the desire to win. Mario was hired here because he was “their guy.” We all know that we were keeping Manny but for Mario. Rudy Fernandez? What a ******* nerd. The **** does he know about successful CFB? Rad is clearly here collecting paychecks. Everyone from top to bottom is a ******* loser.

If you need another example, look at baseball. A once proud program that interviewed some very competent candidates only to turn around and hire the idiot who has been a large source of the problem. But yet again, Miami was more concerned with hiring “their guy” instead of who is the most competent.

Laranaga is the only real coach in the entire place and had to send us his wiki because the geniuses in the AD never heard of him.

And yet some of you all think a new QB solves our problems 💀
Here We Go Again GIF

Advertisement
80 million invested and you don’t even interview anyone

I wish I had that kind of nonchalance about finances
the issue is that would not have been the offer for anyone else. it would only be that for Mario bc thats the number it likely took after we passed on him post richt. the biggest issue is that the resources finally being invested are only for Mario and not for any other coach that could have been hired. fwiw, im not a fan of his contract not bc its Mario but for anyone bc its impossible to get out of. ATM gave out a huge deal to fisher and its flopping.

Yeah not gonna blame the admin right now. They put up huge money to get Mario, Rad, Zo, and facilities. Sure, do i wish we got Urban instead? But thats not happening.
Yeah. So glad we are spending 80 million on an imbecile who doesn’t know how to kneel a ball, much less manage a program.

Rad? That idiot hired JD.

Yeah. So glad we are spending 80 million on an imbecile who doesn’t know how to kneel a ball, much less manage a program.

Rad? That idiot hired JD.
rad has done a good job on getting the facilities part going but hes been subpar elsewhere. I think Clemson fans also complained about his coaching hires too.

Advertisement
the issue is that would not have been the offer for anyone else. it would only be that for Mario bc thats the number it likely took after we passed on him post richt. the biggest issue is that the resources finally being invested are only for Mario and not for any other coach that could have been hired. fwiw, im not a fan of his contract not bc its Mario but for anyone bc its impossible to get out of. ATM gave out a huge deal to fisher and its flopping.
Yeah I could have elaborated and made my post long and talked about lots of things

Not having a coaching search is so bizarre unless someone like Urban Meyer is like hey gimme the job

You gotta interview for a job at Costco ffs

Let me say this. At one point what OP said, annoyed me. Not today, but years ago. Then I realized there is a lot of validity to it..

I was a homer that made excuses for coaches, now I’m really just an ******* that wants to win..and get pride in my school back

So you can’t acknowledge how broken this process was, ie: listen to MariBros, without looking to understand what, if anything has changed.

MariBros will tell you things have changed, because they got their guy, their teammate their friend… but peel it back… the only thing that changed is their side of the broken process won… this round

Advertisement
last true coaching search we did was what? richt?

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

There was the beginnings of a coaching search, but the instant UGA let him go, he was the one and only choice. Golden was the last time there was an actual coaching search.

Golden was a miss but I don't think he was as bad as some have made him out to be. He built that 2017 squad that won 10 games and it's not exactly fair to hold him to the same standard as other coaches, when for literally his entire tenure he had to deal with the NCAA threatening to shut down the program. You think it's hard for Cristobal tell sell the offense? Try selling a recruit on the program when he is being told by other coaches that UM is getting the death penalty. And despite that, he still recruited a lot of guys that ended up getting drafted.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I dont follow the baseball program as closely but when I heard the run down on the baseball coach process and they had a top guy from wake forest willing to come in and bring some top pitching and we said nah we good with corch on fired staff..
Gotta be a “Miami guy” you know. Because there is something so magical about being a “Miami guy”

Crazy that some hick Jimmy Johnson was able to dominate here.

Can’t believe we hired Howard, Jimmy, Dennis, and Butch in succession, followed by…

We had Sam Jankovic AND got lucky (especially with Butch, because Paul Dee made that hire). Most major programs will not make 4 consecutive good hires like that. In fact few make more than 2 straight good hires.

The numbers caught up to us and that coupled with incompetent admin/hiring process has resulted in 6 consecutive failed hires (yes, including past-prime Richt here).

We had Sam Jankovic AND got lucky (especially with Butch, because Paul Dee made that hire). Most major programs will not make 4 consecutive good hires like that. In fact few make more than 2 straight good hires.

The numbers caught up to us and that coupled with incompetent admin/hiring process has resulted in 6 consecutive failed hires (yes, including past-prime Richt here).
Sam was very competent and doesn’t get enough praise as being instrumental in our success. **** Paul Dee, though.

Advertisement
Back