Miami -6 vs UNC

Novacane32000

Sophomore
Is this the line you expected?

1567433197422.png

Advertisement
The opener is lower than I thought. It's not the opening line that is most important, it's the closing line and the direction it moves. So far this year we saw the sharps were right with Miami as the side (against UF we went from +7.5 down to a close of +7) and the total (the O/U dropped from like 52.5 to 46ish against UF).

But an opener of -6 is way too low for comfort. They're predicting a hard fought game.

Advertisement
The opener is lower than I thought. It's not the opening line that is most important, it's the closing line and the direction it moves. So far this year we saw the sharps were right with Miami as the side (against UF we went from +7.5 down to a close of +7) and the total (the O/U dropped from like 52.5 to 46ish against UF).

But an opener of -6 is way too low for comfort. They're predicting a hard fought game.
When you consider how our oline played, them playing at home(that moves the line at least 3 points) and them beating South Carolina it’s about right. Doesn’t matter at the end of the day

When you consider how our oline played, them playing at home(that moves the line at least 3 points) and them beating South Carolina it’s about right. Doesn’t matter at the end of the day
True, it just matters getting an ACC win. The spread is simply a tool for prediction and discussion purposes. I expect this line to climb to -7.

If it doesn't and it drops to around -4.5 or -5, that's when you'll know we need to worry. We aren't there yet.

Advertisement
Advertisement
UNC is going to throw all kinds of blitzes, etc at Jarren. He is going to have to recognize and trust himself to get the ball out quick.

The blocking help - RB, WR, TE - HAVE to make the plays.

It'll be close. Our OLine is gonna be a problem all season and there is no quick fix.
This. Any ACC defense with a pulse is going to be a problem for our OL in this scheme. It is what it is but anyone expecting our offense to light up the scoreboard just because Diaz came up with a new hashtag for the season is delusional. OL’s take time and experience to fix.

Advertisement
This game is way more about us than them. If out tackles hold serve, they simply don't have the horses to keep up with us and then it will be a blow out like I originally thought. If they get to our tackles, then I still think we win, but we'll know where we are as a team and a 6 point line seems reasonable. Really, the 6 point line has the assumption baked in that our tackles and blocking schemes will not drastically improve from the UF game.

If Manny is a decent coach, we should cover the spread. However, that’s a pretty big if.

UNC is going to throw all kinds of blitzes, etc at Jarren. He is going to have to recognize and trust himself to get the ball out quick.

The blocking help - RB, WR, TE - HAVE to make the plays.

Any ACC DC is going to throw all kinds of blitz packages at JW... we have to nip this in the bud in the next game or we could have a repeat of a "Frank Costa" led offense rest of the season

Advertisement
Back