Miami -6 vs UNC

Advertisement
How is it that people are actually scared of a 2 win team that we beat by almost 40 last year (despite us having one of the worst offenses in recent memory?) Miami has a blue chip ratio of 51%, I don't think UNC is even in the 20's. There is a massive talent disparity. So despite the talent advantage, I assume fans think a confused old man is going to coach circles around Manny Diaz? My hats off to UNC if they pull it off. Seriously. I won't even be mad.

At least they will have given me the courtesy of showing what we have in a HC 2 games into his tenure as opposed to waiting 3 years to judge him. If Manny Diaz loses despite having far more talent, a better QB, AND 2 weeks to prepare, he can pack up his **** and head back to Temple or go join Al Golden coaching long snappers in Detroit.

This is a must win game for Diaz's credibility. If he loses despite having every advantage on paper, it will validate the criticism that he needed seasoning at a G5 school before moving up to the big leagues and landing a fat contract at Miami.
I usually disagree with statements like this. I don't think it's until much later that you can look at a single game and tell what it meant.

That said, yeah we need to do work. I won't call for manny's head over a 7 point win, but he'll need to do a lot to prove he deserves his job. Now that I think about it, our last 2 coaches seemed to struggle extra hard when they had more time to prepare. Manny better get this done.

You're watching me change my mind real-time, as I type.

UNC needs a rented mule style *** whipping.

I usually disagree with statements like this. I don't think it's until much later that you can look at a single game and tell what it meant.

That said, yeah we need to do work. I won't call for manny's head over a 7 point win, but he'll need to do a lot to prove he deserves his job. Now that I think about it, our last 2 coaches seemed to struggle extra hard when they had more time to prepare. Manny better get this done.

You're watching me change my mind real-time, as I type.

UNC needs a rented mule style *** whipping.

If UNC beat FSU despite the massive talent disparity, we'd laugh and unanimously attribute it to Taggart being a corch. Same rules apply for Diaz. Either Miami wins by a sizable margin or the job was too big for Diaz.

A win is a win, but winning by a TD would be real disappointing. I won't freak out over a close win, but a stomping would help put my mind at ease a bit.
Wins are like *****. You'll always take it, but you'll rather wake up happy with the quality, instead of the stench of a freshly caught grouper.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If UNC beat FSU despite the massive talent disparity, we'd laugh and unanimously attribute it to Taggart being a corch. Same rules apply for Diaz. Either Miami wins by a sizable margin or the job was too big for Diaz.
That's fair.

You people are nuts. You are already pre-planning your disappointment. How do you live your lives like that?

Personally I'm not planning disappointment, I'm setting the bar higher than I usually do. Like I said before, I don't usually place too much weight on a single game (not saying I'm not furious/heartbroken over a loss), but I' starting to look at this one. Sht happens, but what's the excuse if we don't win going big? Yeah, we've got issues, but we should be able to talent our way through them.

I won't be unpacking the banner and firing up the plane, but if we don't win big against UNC, I'll have serious questions about Manny's ability.

All that said I expect a win, I'm planning on a win. A big enough win that reasonable people aren't talking about banners.

Advertisement
Wins are like *****. You always want it, but you'll rather wake up happy with the quality, instead of the stench of a freshly caught grouper.
Stank ***** better than none. But yeah, let's go home with a 9+ this weekend.

Let me be the first toolbag here to say that if Manny doesn’t win by at least 8 touchdowns, I am going to be hugely disappointed and I will take it as an absolute and irrefutable indication that he is doomed to fail and the team is fūcked.

Also, I can gloat after the game and say I told you so, and you can all say I was right. Because that’s what’s really important to droolbuckets like myself, being first and right about the team’s inevitable failures.

I hope all you fine gentlemen out there got there booze ready for a Saturday W. Have one for me. Docs told me I can’t drink until further notice. Too many concussions growing up playing sports and over the last few years playing softball and hockey.

Advertisement
I hope all you fine gentlemen out there got there booze ready for a Saturday W. Have one for me. Docs told me I can’t drink until further notice. Too many concussions growing up playing sports and over the last few years playing softball and hockey.
Hockey I understand, but how the **** did you get a concussion playing softball?

Hockey I understand, but how the **** did you get a concussion playing softball?
Played in a national tournament Saturday. I dove like 5 times in center and one of the dives I smacked my head and I felt out of it the rest of the game. Still played but man after the tournament I was a mess. Woke up Sunday and I was worse, felt like I got hit by a freight train, my wrist was sore, my shoulder and neck were ****ed from all the diving and I had concussion symptoms so my girlfriend drove me to the hospital.

We realize that a game 9 years ago has zero bearing on what happens on Saturday right? We’ll see what happens, but eventually we need to start beating teams like this if we ever intend to be better than a 3rd place Coastal team.

Of course, but at some point things do become somewhat noteworthy. And to your 2nd point, I couldn't agree more. But we've been basically a 3rd place Coastal team for 15 years. Of course as fans we should all think we're going to go up there and fist**** them, but based off where we realistically are as a program, beating conference teams on the road by a TD or more just doesn't happen that often. We've all been waiting for that to happen for 15 years, so I sure as **** hope it starts Saturday night.

I will say this, if Miami has any aspirations of having a good football team this season, they sure as chit better go up there and handle this average *** UNC team led by Grandpa Mack.

Advertisement
We haven’t consistently won ACC road games ever. If Manny handles UNC in the same way we beat, say, Duke in ‘17, I’ll be very impressed and encouraged.

Of course, but at some point things do become somewhat noteworthy. And to your 2nd point, I couldn't agree more. But we've been basically a 3rd place Coastal team for 15 years. Of course as fans we should all think we're going to go up there and fist**** them, but based off where we realistically are as a program, beating conference teams on the road by a TD or more just doesn't happen that often. We've all been waiting for that to happen for 15 years, so I sure as **** hope it starts Saturday night.

I will say this, if Miami has any aspirations of having a good football team this season, they sure as chit better go up there and handle this average *** UNC team led by Grandpa Mack.

I am curious about your assessment of the program. Hypothetically, let's that Miami switched coaching staffs with Oklahoma for the game. Instead of Diaz, we had Riley as HC.

Same players, different staff. Do you think it's a close game? I don't.

Played in a national tournament Saturday. I dove like 5 times in center and one of the dives I smacked my head and I felt out of it the rest of the game. Still played but man after the tournament I was a mess. Woke up Sunday and I was worse, felt like I got hit by a freight train, my wrist was sore, my shoulder and neck were ****ed from all the diving and I had concussion symptoms so my girlfriend drove me to the hospital.
You need high grade kush and a lot of it. Good four the concussion and the soreness.

Advertisement
Back