Miami -6 vs UNC

Advertisement
The All Carolina Conference refs concern me much more in this game than our on field play. I honestly am preparing myself for a handful of phantom or distant holding calls, etc. on a few big plays that we have that we will have come back.

What bigger storyline in CFB would there be than Mack Brown’s return and getting two upsets first two games immediately matching their win total from last year? That no one expected them to win. One being a rival and the other being Miami.

IMG_20190904_181136.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Any props for a defensive TD? I think we’re going to make Howells life a living ****. Hoping to see lots of Rousseau & Hill.

Kind of an extreme example, but I'll play. I think Lincoln Riley is the best coordinator in the country, so no, I don't think the game would be particularly close if we had his offensive staff here with these kids. But since we don't and he's MILES better than Dan Enos, it will probably be a close game.

So you agree that with an elite coach (Riley), this exact same roster is EASILY a 10 win team and should destroy UNC. This is why I think the game is critical for Diaz's reputation and either validates or invalidates Miami's hire. Losing to a team with a similar talent level like UF is forgivable. Happens to even the elite coaches. Losing to a much less talented team can't be excused with this roster (as you indicated, Riley would have no problem winning bigly with the same players). Is Diaz on Riley's level? No, but Riley wasn't on Riley's level at Oklahoma when he was promoted from OC to HC.

Riley was a highly regarded assistant with no HC experience, but everyone would agree that Oklahoma found a gem. Yes, Oklahoma was a 10 win team when Riley took over, but Miami was just one season removed from a 10 win season. Diaz did not inherit a roster devoid of talent. If the excuse for losing to a team like UNC is that Diaz is new to being a HC and that fans should have a more reasonable expectation than a 10 win season and ACC coastal crown, it's an early indication that Miami made a lazy hire. If Diaz needs training wheels, he should have stayed at Temple.

Richt laid a decent foundation for an innovative coach to win immediately (I said Richt was the Buck Showalter of college football when hired). Miami now has a QB, RBs, TEs, WRs, and an all around elite defense. 3 out of the 5 linemen are also good to very good. There are two question marks on the OL, but if the team can't dominate UNC despite having superior talent at every other position, something is seriously wrong. I have no reason to doubt Manny (yet). Miami wins by 17.

Advertisement
So you agree that with an elite coach (Riley), this exact same roster is EASILY a 10 win team and should destroy UNC. This is why I think the game is critical for Diaz's reputation and either validates or invalidates Miami's hire. Losing to a team with a similar talent level like UF is forgivable. Happens to even the elite coaches. Losing to a much less talented team can't be excused with this roster (as you indicated, Riley would have no problem winning bigly with the same players). Is Diaz on Riley's level? No, but Riley wasn't on Riley's level at Oklahoma when he was promoted from OC to HC.

Riley was a highly regarded assistant with no HC experience, but everyone would agree that Oklahoma found a gem. Yes, Oklahoma was a 10 win team when Riley took over, but Miami was just one season removed from a 10 win season. Diaz did not inherit a roster devoid of talent. If the excuse for losing to a team like UNC is that Diaz is new to being a HC and that fans should have a more reasonable expectation than a 10 win season and ACC coastal crown, it's an early indication that Miami made a lazy hire. If Diaz needs training wheels, he should have stayed at Temple.

Richt laid a decent foundation for an innovative coach to win immediately (I said Richt was the Buck Showalter of college football when hired). Miami now has a QB, RBs, TEs, WRs, and an all around elite defense. 3 out of the 5 linemen are also good to very good. There are two question marks on the OL, but if the team can't dominate UNC despite having superior talent at every other position, something is seriously wrong. I have no reason to doubt Manny (yet). Miami wins by 17.
NO EXCUSES for Canes to lose this coming Saturday. If we do, Houston we have a MAJOR problem!

"-7 is a steal!".... Line goes to -6. "-6 is a steal. FREE MONEY!"... Line goes to -4.5 "ABSOLUTE BANK ROBBERY STEAL".....Line goes to -3.5. Can't make this s-hit up.

Dudes are funny with this steal stuff, somebody gonna lose their **** on this game. Not being pessimistic just realistic, this game will be struggle to the last few plays.

My book is still at -4. I have not seen it go lower than that. Personally I don't think the line has gone down that much based solely on money coming in for Carolina, I think the weather conditions are playing a big role in that.

Advertisement
Back