Miami 4.5 dog vs GT

I enjoy Simplistic Angry Males bathed in fear. SAMs are nothing except fear. Congratulations on being scared of me. Apparently yourself and other fragile conventional wisdom types like Cane Dynasty had undeserved reign on other Canes boards when I was not around. Once I showed up I can deflect your nonsense with a laugh. Naturally you don't like that. From the first time I saw your posts on this board it was obvious what you were, a guy who relied on outliers. That is the most laughable poster and sports fan of all. As soon as a topic shows up he desperately resorts to an outlier, as if he won the argument.

No, he just verified that he has absolutely no clue what he is doing. Who cares about the exception, as opposed to the rule? You have to be a complete moron to put any stock in the minority sample. Yet that is what you offer...time and again. It was actually worse a few years ago before some of us started to laugh at it, and you pulled back from that tendency, obviously stunned that your one-example theme wasn't being lavished with praise.

I have given out public picks for more than 30 years. I was in the Castaways handicapping contest picking every game against the number. I was a guest handicapper on the Stardust line radio show on KDWN in Las Vegas for years and years multiple times per season college and pro in front of a live audience of a couple hundred people and callers from every western state. I was in the Gaming Today contest picking every game against the spread, coming in 4th among 60ish. People in Las Vegas would be in hysterics at any assertion that I pick after the fact. My tendency 30 years ago was the same as today...I give out logical and heavily researched systems and angles than can be applied to future games instead of merely saying I like the Jets this week.

I don't expect SAMs to be able to keep track of angles like betting against any home underdog that won the prior week, also as home underdog. That fit the Dolphins against the Lions and I mentioned that on a Dolphins site.

I do not respect the level of argument and analysis on this site. It is nothing but SAM caliber. Poptimus can verify that I used to give out many picks on the free board on Canesport a decade or so ago. That board offered a higher level of poster than frequents this site. Posters like yourself understand the SAM caliber here so you start threads that will be lapped up by fellow SAMs, like announcing that it is time for Richt to be fired and then you offer all type of twisted words and semi-profanity to play into the needs of those SAMs. It is juvenile and pathetic but that is your role in life and on forums like this. Be true to yourself.

The pick I gave out today was nothing more than a theme I have used for decades, and mentioned here and elsewhere. It shouldn't even be necessary to mention it. I love preseason ratings because everything tends to drift back to the beginning. Dunce fans rant against those preseason ratings when those teams lose early in the season. I use the ratings later in the year, once overboard adjustments have been made in the line, and then the early rating gap tends to kick in and dictate the outcome. It is especially useful in college football bowl games and the NCAA basketball tournament, when underdogs who were higher rated in preseason own phenomenal success. It is essentially the disguised superior team, winning as it should.

I am not going to babysit this board and point out every time one of my systems applies to a game. I mention the big picture angles all the time. like the supremacy of pass defense and the benefit of high volume rushing attempts.
This was quite funny, one of the more devoted trolls I have seen.

Advertisement
I enjoy Simplistic Angry Males bathed in fear. SAMs are nothing except fear. Congratulations on being scared of me. Apparently yourself and other fragile conventional wisdom types like Cane Dynasty had undeserved reign on other Canes boards when I was not around. Once I showed up I can deflect your nonsense with a laugh. Naturally you don't like that. From the first time I saw your posts on this board it was obvious what you were, a guy who relied on outliers. That is the most laughable poster and sports fan of all. As soon as a topic shows up he desperately resorts to an outlier, as if he won the argument.

No, he just verified that he has absolutely no clue what he is doing. Who cares about the exception, as opposed to the rule? You have to be a complete moron to put any stock in the minority sample. Yet that is what you offer...time and again. It was actually worse a few years ago before some of us started to laugh at it, and you pulled back from that tendency, obviously stunned that your one-example theme wasn't being lavished with praise.

I have given out public picks for more than 30 years. I was in the Castaways handicapping contest picking every game against the number. I was a guest handicapper on the Stardust line radio show on KDWN in Las Vegas for years and years multiple times per season college and pro in front of a live audience of a couple hundred people and callers from every western state. I was in the Gaming Today contest picking every game against the spread, coming in 4th among 60ish. People in Las Vegas would be in hysterics at any assertion that I pick after the fact. My tendency 30 years ago was the same as today...I give out logical and heavily researched systems and angles than can be applied to future games instead of merely saying I like the Jets this week.

I don't expect SAMs to be able to keep track of angles like betting against any home underdog that won the prior week, also as home underdog. That fit the Dolphins against the Lions and I mentioned that on a Dolphins site.

I do not respect the level of argument and analysis on this site. It is nothing but SAM caliber. Poptimus can verify that I used to give out many picks on the free board on Canesport a decade or so ago. That board offered a higher level of poster than frequents this site. Posters like yourself understand the SAM caliber here so you start threads that will be lapped up by fellow SAMs, like announcing that it is time for Richt to be fired and then you offer all type of twisted words and semi-profanity to play into the needs of those SAMs. It is juvenile and pathetic but that is your role in life and on forums like this. Be true to yourself.

The pick I gave out today was nothing more than a theme I have used for decades, and mentioned here and elsewhere. It shouldn't even be necessary to mention it. I love preseason ratings because everything tends to drift back to the beginning. Dunce fans rant against those preseason ratings when those teams lose early in the season. I use the ratings later in the year, once overboard adjustments have been made in the line, and then the early rating gap tends to kick in and dictate the outcome. It is especially useful in college football bowl games and the NCAA basketball tournament, when underdogs who were higher rated in preseason own phenomenal success. It is essentially the disguised superior team, winning as it should.

I am not going to babysit this board and point out every time one of my systems applies to a game. I mention the big picture angles all the time. like the supremacy of pass defense and the benefit of high volume rushing attempts.

I recall Awsi posting his picks on Canesport 10, 15 years ago. There were fewer posters over there and most of them were intelligent and level headed.

Advertisement
sweet, i'll take GT by 14 and roll. I'm buying errybody's Varsity after the game. Pepcid not included.

Miami defense will do their thing, now Im just worried about the offense which will need to score way more against GT than they did against freaking Duke.

Advertisement
Will take MIA all the way on this one.
We've got our discrepancies a plenty on the O side, but this D can tee off on the triple option, especially with our penchant for TFLs.
Get them behind the sticks and they're not geared for long yardage plays.

If the O can put up 21, we get this W.

I got 31-17 good guys, with our D putting up at least one score.

And it's going to be in the 40s and falling up here in Atlanta by kickoff Saturday night. Add that to the list of reasons why this game sets up poorly for us. Miami's D has a chance against the rinky dink Tech option but we can't score so I don't see this as close at all. GT 37-10

Advertisement
I recall Awsi posting his picks on Canesport 10, 15 years ago. There were fewer posters over there and most of them were intelligent and level headed.
Yeah, I joined Canesport in 2003 and Awsi was around then posting picks and, more importantly, angles that could be applied to many games. I remember the importance of yards per pass attempt and the first half anti-revenge strategy as two of the things that stick with me to this day.

If a team beat its opponent earlier in the season (think NFL), particularly on the road, bet the team that won the first game on the first half spread of the rematch at home. I've followed and employed this for years.

Advertisement
He's a long timer who has posted on Canes boards since Canes boards were a thing. Often posts long posts about handicap strategies or measurables that tend to affect game outcomes.

There is no doubt he's lectured many a hapless ticket buyer unfortunate enough to have won the Assy Booger lottery. Blessed with the opportunity to sit in his section at a game. We can only buy a ticket and hope.

He does pontificate deeply about his strategies and measurables, and 3rd down screens. Don't forget about night games on the road vs P5 opponents at any venue within 500 miles of an ocean during a low tide cycle, with a mascot that is a canine or feline.

Also depending on where the team was ranked pre-season and taking into account if the favored QB1 is right handed or left handed......

He's more entertainment than the product on the field right now.

Advertisement
Back