Miami - 3 1/2

Advertisement
Remember 2014 when we ran the ball 95% of the time and blew them out?

Could we see some I-formation on Saturday?

Good lord, that's Richt's wet dream, I-formation every single down. Well, I guess all the downs will be first downs because of the I-formation's magical potency and undeniability. Now you're all going to see what's he's been trying to do.

Man are you guys going to feel silly when you see it in action, I'd hold off on those banners.

VT let up almost 14 yards/play against Pitt, nearly a record.

That's what people are looking at.

Fade the public.

We may win, but we don't cover.

Open was -3.5 now -6 to -7
1542423760878.png

Advertisement
Are you joking? Moving that fast in that direction means they want you to take VT. No wonder Awsi gets so frustrated watching you people try to talk about sports betting.

Late season there are always teams that fall apart and the bettors tend to pile in against them, if the foe is competent. That's what is going on here. The reverse teaser would have covered against Virginia Tech in 3 in a row and 4 of the last 5. That means they don't come within 6 or 7 points of the spread, let alone cover the spread.

I probably should have anticipated this move but I did not. Basically the thinking is that Miami has been struggling but is still competent and eligible to rebound against a vulnerable foe, while Virginia Tech is shell shocked and going through the motions.

When sharp guys come in on a team and move the spread several points yet fail, like last week with the Canes, their mindset is that the thinking was sound but the result simply did not cooperate. More often than not they will come back with the same team again. Contrast to emotional bettors, who overreact in the other direction and want nothing to do with that team again.

Advertisement
We are VT perfect remedy for what ails them today.

This game may be switched to other regular regional coverage BOLO.

Don’t laugh

Remember a couple years ago when UNC was historically bad against the run. Rickety couldn’t budge them with our run game. Then they gave up 600 yards rushing to Baylor with Baylor forced to play a WR at QB because their top 3 QBs were unavailable.

With Rickety’s run schemes we are never going to just line up and ramrod the run game. We are going to need to be competent in the throw game.
That was 2015. Richt wasn't here yet.

But I remember that Baylor/UNC bowl game. Amazing, over 650 yards rushing with no pass threat. BTW, Kendal Briles was the OC.

I stayed away from this one. Haven't touched any of our games since UVA, but gun to my head I say we cover the 7. I think the offense will have their best game of the year.

Advertisement
I can't believe Hokies are getting 6.5 in the Burg. Granted, they are having a rough year but that's a brutal place to play and Miami has been an absolute trainwreck for a month straight now. VT +6.5 and ML+210 seem like pretty strong bets, sadly.

I know I’m negative about this game but per coach, to win you need 60 great players...we ain’t there yet....plus, as he says, half the top 25 loses

Advertisement
Let me get this straight:

We are expected to not just win on the road in cold weather against a team most thought would be our main competition for the Coastal, but we have to do so by at least 4 points to cover. And we've got in-fighting and are in the midst of a pathetic four game losing streak.

Right.

Good call.

Advertisement
Back