Mel Tucker is a Corch [Suspended after investigation...now fired]

Advertisement
Nicolas Cage Someone GIF

Advertisement
This made me think and don't get me wrong- Mark Richt was paid fairly well here but I really wonder what % of coaches would do remotely what he did on his way out in relation to money he had every legal right to demand?

I'm guessing less than 3%. And that's probably 2% too generous. It's part of the reason (along with the belief that he absolutely was starting to be diminished health-wise while here) that I'll never bad mouth that dude.

Where's your info that Richt had a right to demand any money? As far as I know, coaches that resign/quit aren't owed anything, so Richt did us a solid in that way. But of course we turned right around and blew that money by paying Temple a buyout for our last coRch.

Advertisement
Where's your info that Richt had a right to demand any money? As far as I know, coaches that resign/quit aren't owed anything, so Richt did us a solid in that way. But of course we turned right around and blew that money by paying Temple a buyout for our last coRch.
Richt resigned before health reasons forced him out. Maybe his contract stipulated a payout in case of medical disability?

Richt resigned before health reasons forced him out. Maybe his contract stipulated a payout in case of medical disability?
There were also demands being made of him at the time that although they were correct he wasn't contractually obligated to oblige at all.

There was a lot going on at that time and his separation from Miami could've went a myriad of opposite directions and every single one of them would've been more painful for the school than the one he chose. He left millions on the table uncontested in addition to the mil he willingly gave toward the IPF.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over his financial well-being but I'll stand by the notion that the dude was absolutely not the norm for his profession in that specific situation.

There were also demands being made of him at the time that although they were correct he wasn't contractually obligated to oblige at all.

There was a lot going on at that time and his separation from Miami could've went a myriad of opposite directions and every single one of them would've been more painful for the school than the one he chose. He left millions on the table uncontested in addition to the mil he willingly gave toward the IPF.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over his financial well-being but I'll stand by the notion that the dude was absolutely not the norm for his profession in that specific situation.
Yep.

And sort of related to Corch Tucker.

Richt paid bonuses to assistants and admin staff out of his own pocket, in violation of NCAA rules on secondary compensation, when he felt deserved bonuses or increases weren’t given.

Class man.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Might be a little more than a corch now

Mel tucker is the subject of a sexual harassment Investigation

MSU going to find a way out of that contract eh?

MSU tryin to get out from under that ridiculous contract lol

Advertisement
Back