Mel Tucker is a Corch [Suspended after investigation...now fired]

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
Standing by my original assessment and not just playing the result today (this is just what Purdue does to people).

-Mich State will end up with at least 3 losses in what will prove to be a mediocre Big Ten

-That "big" win at home against Michigan will end up not looking that impressive

-Their OOC schedule was trash.

My only question is if the faux shine will wear off Tucker or Franklin at Pedo State first before they're offered another job this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Standing by my original assessment and not just playing the result today (this is just what Purdue does to people).

-Mich State will end up with at least 3 losses in what will prove to be a mediocre Big Ten

-That "big" win at home against Michigan will end up not looking that impressive

-Their OOC schedule was trash.

My only question is if the faux shine will wear off Tucker or Franklin at Pedo State first before they're offered another job this year.

I heard they’re starting to get a little sick of Franklin up in the middle of nowhere Pennsylvania

Advertisement
If you check Purdue's history against top 10 teams you'd see this IS what they do to them whether you but it or not. I know the REAL reason you posted this. 😂😂😂
I understand why people might think it but this is a very rare time that I wasn't be sarcastic, satirical or even facetious with my original post. Like you said, this actually IS what Purdue does to people but they just won't be the ONLY people to do it to Tucker and MSU this year.

3 losses at Michigan State is good. In particular considering how bad they were last year. Outstanding turnaround for sure.

Saban, granted he was just getting going, but it took him five years to not lose more than 3 games. Dantonio had a good run, but only had four seasons with less losses. Two he had three losses. The rest, four or more.

Any win by Michigan State over Michigan is a big win. That's not supposed to happen. It's become more common for sure, but Michigan is the big school in that state with MSU as the little brother.

I think he's done a good job on improving that team. He's not a corch, but how good is he? I don't know yet.

3 losses at Michigan State is good. In particular considering how bad they were last year. Outstanding turnaround for sure.

Saban, granted he was just getting going, but it took him five years to not lose more than 3 games. Dantonio had a good run, but only had four seasons with less losses. Two he had three losses. The rest, four or more.

Any win by Michigan State over Michigan is a big win. That's not supposed to happen. It's become more common for sure, but Michigan is the big school in that state with MSU as the little brother.

I think he's done a good job on improving that team. He's not a corch, but how good is he? I don't know yet.
If they lose to OSU, Pedo State AND their bowl game (which I predict they will) then IS this really a good season just because you beat a vastly overrated Michigan team at home? Would pretty much look to me like all your wins were grossly inflated and the team is maybe just an NFL caliber RB that you lucked into as a transfer above the 7-6 teams that essentially got Mark Dantonio fired.

Not to mention that it wasn't that long ago that Dantonio was winning AT LEAST 10 games pet season there (2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017) so it's not like Tucker took over a perennial junk program.

If they lose to OSU, Pedo State AND their bowl game (which I predict they will) then IS this really a good season just because you beat a vastly overrated Michigan team at home? Would pretty much look to me like all your wins were grossly inflated and the team is maybe just an NFL caliber RB that you lucked into as a transfer above the 7-6 teams that essentially got Mark Dantonio fired.

Not to mention that it wasn't that long ago that Dantonio was winning AT LEAST 10 games pet season there (2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017) so it's not like Tucker took over a perennial junk program.
No, but MSU was down when he took the job. And D’Antionio left under scandalous circumstance, no? Tucker had to run off a lot of players and make heavy use of the portal. He’s done a credible job.

Advertisement
IMO this is one of those cases where two things are true at once. Mel is going to be a corch in the end. However he is doing a really good job this year and has made some very nice moves for sparty.

They play hard and tough.

Advertisement

They were on their way to a junk program under Dantonio.

3 - 9
10 - 3
7 - 6
7 - 6

He has a decent time of it in the middle of his career there. Did he luck into good players in the middle of his MSU career?

This is MSU we're talking about. They aren't supposed to best PSU. Saying they're going to lose to OSU, duh. Meet every team in the Big, they all lose to OSU. Say they won their bowl game, does that mean they came to play or that the other team didn't care?

Seems to me like you've got a bone to pick or an agenda here.

Advertisement
If y’all think Mel Tucker is a Corch, who do y’all actually think is good?

I dont have an opinion on tucker

but good coaches are chris peterson and urban meyer, elite rather I should say not just good. Saban has the mafia on his side, hard to judge him since he literally never swims upstream. Dabo looked great before all his elite qb's hit the league. Now, who really knows about him. I just know that clemson team shouldn't look like straight trash that fast. The've been 1a and 1b with bama for like 5 years? Why the f is their recruiting so much worse than them?

Advertisement
Back