Mel Tucker is a Corch [Suspended after investigation...now fired]

Standing by my original assessment and not just playing the result today (this is just what Purdue does to people).

-Mich State will end up with at least 3 losses in what will prove to be a mediocre Big Ten

-That "big" win at home against Michigan will end up not looking that impressive

-Their OOC schedule was trash.

My only question is if the faux shine will wear off Tucker or Franklin at Pedo State first before they're offered another job this year.
Yawn....

Tucker isn’t faux. Elite? Too early to say but faux? This is almost as dumb as when people were crowning Garcia based off spring reports.

Advertisement
If y’all think Mel Tucker is a Corch, who do y’all actually think is good?
This right here… it’s starting to feel like if a dude isn’t Saban, they’re not worth talking about. Y’all realize thinking Tucker might be a solid coach has absolutely no bearing on how someone feels about manny or our season right? Us underachieving and msu being much better than anticipated can both be true

If you check Purdue's history against top 10 teams you'd see this IS what they do to them whether you but it or not. I know the REAL reason you posted this. 😂😂😂
Yea they murdered Ohio state at home like 3 years ago. Hung 50 on them and that team was a playoff type team

I dont have an opinion on tucker

but good coaches are chris peterson and urban meyer, elite rather I should say not just good. Saban has the mafia on his side, hard to judge him since he literally never swims upstream. Dabo looked great before all his elite qb's hit the league. Now, who really knows about him. I just know that clemson team shouldn't look like straight trash that fast. The've been 1a and 1b with bama for like 5 years? Why the f is their recruiting so much worse than them?

Clemson is still a damned good defensive team. They really are only struggling on offense and what the exact reason is, someone that has watched every game would have to say. Heck, they held Georgia to 10 points, nobody else has held them under 30.

DJ, everyone wanted. Can't miss type of recruit. He's struggled, but I also think it's a combination of things.

They lost their QB obviously and their back was out of this world. You saw some weakness at receiver there last year for sure. They really didn't have a dominant guy like they're used to. They weren't as good offensively as they had been with Etienne and Lawrence. Was it the OL, receivers, or what? Those two didn't get worse, so that leads me to the OL.

I thought they were bringing back a lot this year. Maybe it was last year. Either way, their OL and WR's aren't up to their standard. Neither is QB or WR, but those two were sensational.

Dabo and his DC are great. Sometimes you lose pieces and the next up doesn't come together. It happens. I would certainly still put him in the top tier of coaches. They thought they had the pieces lined up, but until they see live action, you really never know.

Advertisement
Think it'd look like what Dabo could do without Lawrence and Watson destroying everything in their paths?

I know this is controversial, but really good players make coaches look really good. It's a wild concept.
i don't disagree with you at all. tucker was meh at colorado and meh at michigan state last year. this year he has a freak running back winning games on his own. i don't think that tucker is a particularly special coach, but we'll know more next year.

Advertisement
i don't disagree with you at all. tucker was meh at colorado and meh at michigan state last year. this year he has a freak running back winning games on his own. i don't think that tucker is a particularly special coach, but we'll know more next year.

The great Nick Saban has said many times, some variant of what is essentially, "I don't think I'm the best football coach, but I think I'm the best recruiter"

Really good football players make football coaches look very smart.

I know the NFL is a different animal, but just look yesterday. There have been a ton of stats over the past couple years about Matt LaFleur's record to start a career, record vs other Green Bay coaches, etc. He's had a lot of success. You remove ONE GUY....and they looked like a High School team. Did LaFleur forget how to coach? Or is this probably a lot more Aaron Rodgers with some LaFleur sprinkled in rather than the opposite?

But in college, all of this falls at the feet of the head coach. Your players aren't performing? It might not be because you're a terrible coach, it might be that they're not very good players. But either way, that's your fault.

You mfs don’t know what a good coach looks like
Yes they do.....
1630951439319.jpeg

Advertisement
3 losses at Michigan State is good. In particular considering how bad they were last year. Outstanding turnaround for sure.

Saban, granted he was just getting going, but it took him five years to not lose more than 3 games. Dantonio had a good run, but only had four seasons with less losses. Two he had three losses. The rest, four or more.

Any win by Michigan State over Michigan is a big win. That's not supposed to happen. It's become more common for sure, but Michigan is the big school in that state with MSU as the little brother.

I think he's done a good job on improving that team. He's not a corch, but how good is he? I don't know yet.
MSU is a better program than Miami right now. Winning against Michigan is the norm the last 10-15 years

I told y’all last week our SOS rank was a sham. We haven’t played a really good team outside of Bama. Stop looking at metrics and watch the games. Look at the lines Vegas puts out and look at who they’ve beaten.
How many really good teams are there? Mich St has one loss on the seaon.

Advertisement
How many really good teams are there? Mich St has one loss on the seaon.
UGA is the only really good team. It’s them and then everybody else.

Next tier: OSU has a good offense but they aren’t a complete team. Oregon is above average, not a threat to win it all. OU has a good offense but awful on defense. Bama is solid not great and will lose again so they won’t be in the playoff.

Mich St, Cincy, Michigan, Wake Forest, and the rest of the 1 loss teams arent that good. They are benefitting from weak schedules.

UGA is the only really good team. It’s them and then everybody else.

Next tier: OSU has a good offense but they aren’t a complete team. Oregon is above average, not a threat to win it all. OU has a good offense but awful on defense. Bama is solid not great and will lose again so they won’t be in the playoff.

Mich St, Cincy, Michigan, Wake Forest, and the rest of the 1 loss teams arent that good. They are benefitting from weak schedules.
Kirby gonna choke. Watch

Advertisement
Back