Mel Kiper on ESPN CFB podcast.

troycbullock

Redshirt Freshman
Talks about his top 25. He stress that kids need to produce and that returnees need 2 years of production. He explains why Rousseau isn’t as high and what he needs to do move up. He only has the 1 year so he definitely needs a repeat in production. He says he needs to develop his pass rush skills and improve his “get off”. He didn’t give any numbers but he is most likely talking about more sacks and pressures. I definitely agree with his assessment. He needs to be more consistent in his pressure. He also mentioned that DT’s in general need 5-6 sacks to improve draft stock.

Advertisement
Advertisement
First year of having extended playing time at de for Rousseau as he was a safety, receiver, de(his senior year) in highschool , he will keep progressing. Still relatively new to the position. It makes sense his pass rushing skills is kind of raw but at the end of the day he knows how to generate pressure regardless, 15.5 sacks and 19.5 tackles for loss show that

Last edited:
Advertisement
First year of having extended playing time at de for Rousseau as he was a safety, receiver, de(his senior year) , he will keep progressing. Still relatively new to the position. It makes since his pass rushing skills is kind of raw but at the end of the day he knows how to generate pressure regardless, 15.5 sacks and 19.5 tackles for loss show that
Kiper wants no part of the New Brock. My dude’s a savage.

Advertisement
Incredible how a dude that has been wrong so many times for so many years still has a job. I would’ve been fired after a month.
He’s good TV on draft day and is more of a gimmick than actual draft “guru”

When he first became popular in the 90s on ESPN I’d say he honestly was better than most teams actual scout teams... but now with how it has absolutely leaps and bounds better with analytics and other metrics someone like Kiper is what he use to make fun of... just a flip phone in a room of iPhones.

Mel needs to be more consistent with his analysis. GR first full season playing eclipse Chase Young first year as a starter and everyone is saying Young was top 5 pick before playing a down this year. If GR put up better production this year than he will have to be a top 3 pick.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back