MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

@TheOriginalCane

What's our current student body size? Someone the other day said approximately 19.4k, which seemed so much more than the 12k I thought we hovered around. It was part of a tweet, I called it into question, and someone posted something from a website of ours.

If anyone has an accurate ballpark figure, I figure it's you.

That’s the total Student Body, including post-graduate students. (Referring to the 19k+)

Advertisement
Will be curious to see how the USC-Miami-Vandy-Tulane-WF, etc. private school model survives over next few decades.
usc haș a large student pop. they have more UGs than we do students as a whole and usC has more kids than FSU enrolled overall. dont let their status fool you. we are nothing like USC in terms of enrollment.

but they are not turning down the money. every 1,000 additional students equals about $65,000,000, which leads me to a solution.

bring in 3,000 additional students for 5 years and we can fund the stadium at tropical. ****, we can even BUY the park from miami dade since no one uses it and it is a tax burden on the taxpayers.

we need to think outside of the box here so that no one eats my cheese while i go to mars and then venice to see my girl. amirite?

@AlexCane @Empirical Cane @TheOriginalCane
Where did you get the $65M figure? Multiplied cost of tuition by # of students? UM gives out a loooooot of scholarships, if you net scholarships funded by UM against tuition, the total tuition paid is much lower than the sticker price.

Where did you get the $65M figure? Multiplied cost of tuition by # of students? UM gives out a loooooot of scholarships, if you net scholarships funded by UM against tuition, the total tuition paid is much lower than the sticker price.

like most porsters here, i pullled it out of my ****. i was rounding up not including scholarships. if you knew my posting history on the issue of the stadium, you would know I was a conducting an exercise in purposeful futility.

[edited to complete my thoughts]

Advertisement
Aside from maybe 9/11 or similar images of terror and destruction, is there anything more depressing to look at than the scene at HRS on this day?

FyLzCJzXsAE-9dc

Aside from maybe 9/11 or similar images of terror and destruction, is there anything more depressing to look at than the scene at HRS on this day?

FyLzCJzXsAE-9dc
Could’ve been worse. At least whoever took that picture wasn’t there - and didn’t have to walk by tennis courts, through a race track, and over a shoddily constructed bridge, in the rain, all whilst contemplating the very nature/usefulness of existence.

IMG_0196.jpeg

Advertisement
the $1.2B miami herald land deal was canceled by the buyer, so the land is available again.

I have started a GoFundUs page to raise the $1.2B. Please feel free to donate generously. All donations accepted even $1.00 donations, no amount will be ridiculed. The whales on this site can remain anonymous. See link below.

www. GoFundUsSoSomeoneWhoseNameIAmNotAllowedToMentionCanBuildAStadium.org

Last edited:
the $1.2B miami herald land deal was canceled by the buyer, so the land is available again.

I have started a GoFundUs page to raise the $1.2B. Please feel free to donate generously. All donations accepted eve $1.00 donations, no amount will be ridiculed. The whales on this site can remain anonymous. See link below.

www. GoFundUsSoSomeoneWhoseNameIAmNotAllowedToMentionCanBuildAStadium.org

Can we depend on u to properly allocated said funds?

#TakemewithutoAruba

Could’ve been worse. At least whoever took that picture wasn’t there - and didn’t have to walk by tennis courts, through a race track, and over a shoddily constructed bridge, in the rain, all whilst contemplating the very nature/usefulness of existence.

View attachment 242149
Perfectly summed up to describe the current situation at Disney’s Wide World of Sports… I mean Hard Rock Stadium

Advertisement
Can we depend on u to properly allocated said funds?

#TakemewithutoAruba
yes, of course, but if i were to use the funds for something OTHER than the stadium it wouldn't be to go to Aruba. not my favorite place. there are 75 islands i would go to before returning to Aruba.

Last edited:

FyLzCJzXsAE-9dc
Yeah ... but the Club Section lounge bar was packed!!

Advertisement
How many acres is needed for a football stadium again??
it depends on many factors. but anywhere from 5 - 250 acres. again, it depends on what extras the owner chooses. Think buying a Lada and adding creature comforts.

for perspective, a football field is about 57,000 sq ft so that's just over an acre. i would think you can cram sidelines and stands in another 4-5 acres.

yes, of course, but if i were to use the funds for something OTHER than the stadium it wouldn't be to go to Aruba. not my favorite place. there are 75 island i would go to before returning to Aruba.

We’ll talk about that at another time b/c that was on my bucket list. Wowzers; good to know.

We’ll talk about that at another time b/c that was on my bucket list. Wowzers; good to know.
it is dry (think desert) and fugly. the food is generally not good. beaches are decent. but there are many nicer places to go to in the caribbean.

but let's not get distracted and let's return to fundraising. have you donated? maybe we can do a sneaker deal? you donate a pair of sneakers (a few years old, less than 400,000 steps please) and we'll auction it off and contribute it to build the stadium? ****, i'll even carve our a crack somewhere on-site and install a donation plaque that says "This Crack Was Donated by Rellyrell". deal?

it is dry (think desert) and fugly. the food is generally not good. beaches are decent. but there are many nicer places to go to in the caribbean.

but let's not get distracted and let's return to fundraising. have you donated? maybe we can do a sneaker deal? you donate a pair of sneakers (a few years old, less than 400,000 steps please) and we'll auction it off and contribute it to build the stadium? ****, i'll even carve our a crack somewhere on-site and install a donation plaque that says "This Crack Was Donated by Rellyrell". deal?

Most of my sneakers have less than 2000 steps. Lol.

Advertisement
Back