MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

Advertisement
1. Miami leaves the ACC.
2. B10 requires on campus stadium for entrance.
3. China invades Taiwan.
4. Betelgeuse explodes, 80 million years in the past.
5. Orion constellation begins to change configuration.
6. The arrow of Orion points toward Earth.
7. The Second Russo-Japanese War turns Mongolia into “Zombgolia”, after communist remnants of the third Chinese revolution use nuclear warheads to spread a brain-eating pathogen. France surrenders.
8. The island of Old California vanishes from the Earth. It is replaced by a transparent orb of glass.
9. Humanity turns the moon into an interstellar arc of life, leaving the solar system.
10. Miami builds an on campus stadium.
Oh ****. UCLA getting kicked out of the B10 already?!

12,504 Fall 2022 (which I believe is the higher end of their comfort zone).

I'd be surprised if they ever got close to 14K; they already think 12.5k is too much.

@TheOriginalCane

What's our current student body size? Someone the other day said approximately 19.4k, which seemed so much more than the 12k I thought we hovered around. It was part of a tweet, I called it into question, and someone posted something from a website of ours.

If anyone has an accurate ballpark figure, I figure it's you.

Advertisement
Anywhere near campus kills tailgate and kills traffic. All of Broward and Palm Beach wouldn’t show.
dyRfkJPaleUo2CXOe1.gif

Anywhere near campus kills tailgate and kills traffic. All of Broward and Palm Beach wouldn’t show.
Quit lying to yourself, you don't soak for everyone on here, when we're good ppl show, yes.

But I think you don't and shouldn't think for the student body or the unicef, esp if this is what they want.

You'll still show.

Yall cry about everything in 2023.

@TheOriginalCane

What's our current student body size? Someone the other day said approximately 19.4k, which seemed so much more than the 12k I thought we hovered around. It was part of a tweet, I called it into question, and someone posted something from a website of ours.

That's an accurate figure for the total enrollment. Last I recall the grad students were hovering around 4.5k, but I'm going off when I was there 20+ years ago (crazy how time flies); guess the programs have increased over the years.

"More than 19,000 students from around the world are pursuing their academic goals at the University of Miami..." - https://welcome.miami.edu/about-um/

Student Population at University of Miami

Total EnrollmentUndergraduateGraduate
Total of 19,096 students have enrolled in University of Miami where 12,089 students have enrolled in undergraduate programs and 7,007 students for graduate programs.

By gender, 8,726 male and 10,370 female students are attending the school.

It has almost same number of students compared to similar colleges (19,556 students in average - private (not-for-profit) Research University (very high research activity)). - https://www.collegetuitioncompare.com/edu/135726/university-of-miami/enrollment/

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's an accurate figure for the total enrollment. Last I recall the grad students were hovering around 4.5k, but I'm going off when I was there 20+ years ago (crazy how time flies); guess the programs have increased over the years.

"More than 19,000 students from around the world are pursuing their academic goals at the University of Miami..." - https://welcome.miami.edu/about-um/

Total of 19,096 students have enrolled in University of Miami where 12,089 students have enrolled in undergraduate programs and 7,007 students for graduate programs.

It has almost same number of students compared to similar colleges (19,556 students in average - private (not-for-profit) Research University (very high research activity)).
the 19k is a bit off as miami does offer other programs that tech included in that number but not the typical student that typically attends campus activities. id focus more on what's full time on campus as a student

@TheOriginalCane

I have to be honest, I was shocked at the size of the school now. Total enrollment is 19,402.

When I was at UM (late 80s to early 90s), we had about 8,500 full-time undergrads. And that was always the number I referred to FOR SPORTS, since only the undergrads had to pay the Athletic fee (it was optional for grad/law/med, though I always paid it as an MBA and JD student).

NOW, the number of undergrads is 12,213. So that is almost 4,000 more students, between 40-50% bigger than when I was in school (hard to tell full-time vs. part-time).

I believe the grad population back then was around 6,000, now it is 7,189. Law School was always usually about twice as big as the Med School (Dean's Cup).

It is possssssible that the old number of "12,000" referred to the full-time enrollment on the main campus, excluding Med School, RSMAS, grad Nursing, etc.

This graphic comes straight from the UM website:

1686713802725.png

the 19k is a bit off as miami does offer other programs that tech included in that number but not the typical student that typically attends campus activities. id focus more on what's full time on campus as a student

Yeah, while there is some padding in the grad numbers, the undergrad numbers really jumped out at me. WAY bigger than in the 80s-90s.

People forget, when Tad Foote took over in 1981, he cut the size of the undergrad enrollment. It must have grown again under Shalala.

It has almost same number of students compared to similar colleges (19,556 students in average - private (not-for-profit) Research University (very high research activity)). - https://www.collegetuitioncompare.com/edu/135726/university-of-miami/enrollment/

I appreciate the reply! Those numbers just threw me off and that's a large percentage of grad students.

Advertisement
I have to be honest, I was shocked at the size of the school now. Total enrollment is 19,402.

When I was at UM (late 80s to early 90s), we had about 8,500 full-time undergrads. And that was always the number I referred to FOR SPORTS, since only the undergrads had to pay the Athletic fee (it was optional for grad/law/med, though I always paid it as an MBA and JD student).

NOW, the number of undergrads is 12,213. So that is almost 4,000 more students, between 40-50% bigger than when I was in school (hard to tell full-time vs. part-time).

I believe the grad population back then was around 6,000, now it is 7,189. Law School was always usually about twice as big as the Med School (Dean's Cup).

It is possssssible that the old number of "12,000" referred to the full-time enrollment on the main campus, excluding Med School, RSMAS, grad Nursing, etc.

This graphic comes straight from the UM website:

View attachment 242124

Same, that number was so shocking to me I truthfully figured there was no way it was true.

Thanks for all of that. 19k still seems absurd even a day after the first time I saw that number.

Yeah, while there is some padding in the grad numbers, the undergrad numbers really jumped out at me. WAY bigger than in the 80s-90s.

People forget, when Tad Foote took over in 1981, he cut the size of the undergrad enrollment. It must have grown again under Shalala.
when I was there it was about 2k a class. it seems to be bigger now but they have online courses now that they never did

Advertisement
Just checking in to see how this thread’s working out for everyone now that it’s in Mega Merge format.

Have we cleared the trees at Tropical Park or filled in any navigable bodies of the US, none of the preceding with NEPA and Corps permits of course… or have we simply returned to the demo & haul of Frank Gore’s high school with a basic traffic study?

Will be curious to see how the USC-Miami-Vandy-Tulane-WF, etc. private school model survives over next few decades.

The service academies play D1 football.
Enrollment is approximately 4,400 at each, all undergraduate. Air Force stadium used to be over 50,000 seats. Currently it's about 47,000. On campus. Army also has an on campus stadium, a bit smaller than Air Force. Navy's is just off campus, but it's very close and the smallest of the 3. Point is, the Air Force and Army campuses are huge and Navy's is not big enough for a stadium although one could argue the town of Annapolis is pretty much all about Navy. For the U to truly have an on campus stadium would be absurdity. Until someone presents a logical solution, I doubt there will ever be one on campus nor does there necessarily have to be. Go Canes 🏈

Advertisement
Back