MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

you are full of ****e. now your focus is not so much on Miami having their own stadium, but gentrifying Westchester. GTFOH. it needs no gentrification. it is a decent middle class family neighborhood (houses selling generally north of $500,000). can the park be upgraded? absolutely, but it remains viable and useful to tens of thousands of people a week. a new multi million cultural center was recently built.

the condescension and tone of your statement is offensive to me, my family and tens of thousands that live and have lived there. comepinga!
It's all making sense now lol. Perhaps you could cease and desist being a d-bag lawyer for one minute and quit twisting my words around. My family has lived there too. Used to be nothing but sawgrass across from my grandparent's house looking west.

50% of my "principal argument" has always been about revitalizing the park. Just because a brand new green space and some sprucing up of its immediate surroundings would bring Westchester into the 21st century doesn't mean I want to displace its generational citizenry. These people should want and they deserve a better "Central Park." It's a functioning park that serves a purpose but its decay is hard to stomach given its location and history. I'm for making TP great again and if the Ruiz plan fails (highly likely) then I hope the county remembers it exists one day.

Advertisement
residents of Westchester recently coalesced to defeat a movement by developers to incorporate the area into a city. they are organized and motivated. they will turn their attention to save the park and IMO they will likely win.

to be clear, i am part of the organization and will work to defeat the development of the park into a stadium, for the many reasons that I have stated here.
Or, you could try and support your nourishing mother and describe the project accurately - millions in private investment aimed at redeveloping a public park into a better public park (which also happens to include a [better] stadium that will host ~60k people ~20 times a year).

You’re the clown that suggested that for games, there could be a fun “student walk“ to tropical park from campus.

You were actually promoting this idea. Over 4 miles.

View attachment 227728

View attachment 227731
If you’re doing this realistically you are not doing it how you have it mapped lol. It would be like 3miles down one dedicated street and about an hour walk from campus. But also at that point you can also just use our normal campus shuttles rather easily. It wouldn’t be the current 40+minute bus ride that most student absolutely hate. **** you can combine both and try to avoid congestion by having a shuttle to an area like 0.5 miles away and have that be the “Cane Walk”. And that would not at all be unreasonable. It’s what Vegas does with the walk to the Luxor Hotel from the stadium - which is a 1mile walk.

If you’re doing this realistically you are not doing it how you have it mapped lol. It would be like 3miles down one dedicated street and about an hour walk from campus. But also at that point you can also just use our normal campus shuttles rather easily. It wouldn’t be the current 40+minute bus ride that most student absolutely hate. **** you can combine both and try to avoid congestion by having a shuttle to an area like 0.5 miles away and have that be the “Cane Walk”. And that would not at all be unreasonable. It’s what Vegas does with the walk to the Luxor Hotel from the stadium - which is a 1mile walk.
not a single soul on campus cares enough to walk that. students couldn't show up to the oB for the weak games either. no one even shows up for the real cane walk now. its Gotta be a real parking situation otherwise it'll be the same as before. being closer to campus does nothing to move the needle attendance wise. having our own home will be cool but I dont see it happening at TP

Advertisement
Just a nice read on HKS x SoFi

And traffic solutions met w/ pros & cons

HKS is just a hire. theyre not the ones approving the land. passing miami dade is a diff issue. he could hire the designer of the louvre and it wouldn't matter until miami dade approves the sale

Or, you could try and support your nourishing mother and describe the project accurately - millions in private investment aimed at redeveloping a public park into a better public park (which also happens to include a [better] stadium that will host ~60k people ~20 times a year).
60? lol.

and the thing you'll learn is that in miami everyone is for themselves not for the community and Ruiz is no diff. it'll most likely price out the residents that currently live there. its happening all over the county and its quite sad esp as salaries haven't improved

not a single soul on campus cares enough to walk that. students couldn't show up to the oB for the weak games either. no one even shows up for the real cane walk now. its Gotta be a real parking situation otherwise it'll be the same as before. being closer to campus does nothing to move the needle attendance wise. having our own home will be cool but I dont see it happening at TP
You do not know that lol. Saying being a 8 minute shuttle would do nothing to student attendance versus a 40 minute bus ride is just dumb af imo. Also Comparing the "cane walk" now to what is being discussed here is literally completely different things.

Advertisement
60? lol.

and the thing you'll learn is that in miami everyone is for themselves not for the community and Ruiz is no diff. it'll most likely price out the residents that currently live there. its happening all over the county and its quite sad esp as salaries haven't improved
Friday or not, 10pm is a little early to be this drunk.

You do not know that lol. Saying being a 8 minute shuttle would do nothing to student attendance versus a 40 minute bus ride is just dumb af imo. Also Comparing the "cane walk" now to what is being discussed here is literally completely different things.
the students dont care. they'll tailgate but they have very little interest. its trended down for a while now too. they shouldn't build for the students but for the community and this is coming from someone who graduated from UM and is from miami. we dont have enough students to even really make a dent either. the community does though. the ideal spot really is where the TOC highlighted.

and you're evidence of this is us being bad at a stadium that is a 40 minute bus ride away....
ive gone to the OB as a fan and as a student and to HRS as one. the student attendance sucked when we were at the OB and had our own home (it was a 20 min metro ride at most and a shuttle from there to the stadium). the bus makes no diff. plenty of kids get there to tailgate. they bounce before kick to continue partying. the student attendance was pretty bad at the OB too when I was there as well. when the games are big and the team is good, just as the rest of SFL, the crowd is full. when it isnt, the student attendance is beyond pathetic. you want more students? host an in game night club experience (when HRS used to do Club LIV). that'll get them to stick around for kick.

Advertisement
20 times a year?? And you're assuming that all events will be sold out??? Are we talking just Football because that's only 7-8 games a year.... and not all those will be sold out... What else will be there???

20 times a year?? And you're assuming that all events will be sold out??? Are we talking just Football because that's only 7-8 games a year.... and not all those will be sold out... What else will be there???
Will the 7 home games, spring game and bowl game all be sold out? Hopefully? I’ll be there. That’s 1/60k. You’re welcome to join. Let’s make it a party.

Then you’ve got Futbol. Final 4. Metallica. Monster trucks. NHL all star game… all of which have a better chance of making capacity.

That said - the parenthetical remark in my original response was a bit of a hypothetical aside. Since losing a “public green space” is rsa’s main reason for becoming Westchester William Wallace, the point I was trying to make is that a ~60k-seat stadium (whose footprint takes up about 1/4 of the total area and which is only in use 20/365 days) does not take away from the public nature of the other 75% of the newly redeveloped state-of-the-art park.

Lol. Alright man. You might be right that the bill so far has been higher than my original guess, but it's not more than a couple hundred thousand, and it's DEFINITELY not "in the millions" which was my original point. You are seriously overestimating the scope of work that HKS has been engaged to do. (And I also still think it's very possible that HKS did this initial marketing package for free.)

As an aside, it's funny how the internet works... I work on major development projects for a living, including public-private projects in Miami. I know what I'm talking about. But somehow I get dragged into this argument with a stranger who is calling me "WILDLY incorrect." Wish we had met at a bar and had this conversation over a beer instead, brother. Go Canes.

Always over a beer. Always better.

At least I got you, a guy who works on major development projects for a living, to move 10x. : )

Advertisement
Just a nice read on HKS x SoFi

And traffic solutions met w/ pros & cons

The way that project was approved- 6 weeks after it was announced - without a full environmental study - I’m assuming the California version of NEPA, which is called CEQA, is unimaginable to me in this day and age. Is that article correct about that?

I’m a big fan of transit and hopefully that rail helps alleviate traffic and parking issues on game days. I am curious as to the ridership numbers they’re projecting on game days. They’re estimating 29,000 people per game. That’s a very high number to me considering my guess at stadium capacity - like 35-40%???

What’s the parking situation there now?

The way that project was approved- 6 weeks after it was announced - without a full environmental study - I’m assuming the California version of NEPA, which is called CEQA, is unimaginable to me in this day and age. Is that article correct about that?

I’m a big fan of transit and hopefully that rail helps alleviate traffic and parking issues on game days. I am curious as to the ridership numbers they’re projecting on game days. They’re estimating 29,000 people per game. That’s a very high number to me considering my guess at stadium capacity - like 35-40%???

What’s the parking situation there now?

Yeah, it definitely wasn’t that soon. This was a 2 yr process; so maybe after the final renderings + proposal that outlined the entire game plan that would be eco friendly & not in violation of air space limits, it took 6 weeks.

Parking situation? My street. Lol. Lotta ride sharing, parking in private neighborhoods & walking to the stadium, also local businesses have offered parking services when not opened. They r building a several parking structures as we speak.

Yeah, it definitely wasn’t that soon. This was a 2 yr process; so maybe after the final renderings + proposal that outlined the entire game plan that would be eco friendly & not in violation of air space limits, it took 6 weeks.

Parking situation? My street. Lol. Lotta ride sharing, parking in private neighborhoods & walking to the stadium, also local businesses have offered parking services when not opened. They r building a several parking structures as we speak.
Ok. They had to have gotten a final NEPA/CEQA document. They’re supposed to have that before doing the construction and in a public project, prior to them starting acquisitions though I have seen it not happen that way but not on a high profile project.

Are you happy with the results as it impacts you?

Ok. They had to have gotten a final NEPA/CEQA document. They’re supposed to have that before doing the construction and in a public project, prior to them starting acquisitions though I have seen it not happen that way but not on a high profile project.

Are you happy with the results as it impacts you?

Brother, the property values have absolutely soared. The city that I grew up in is transforming right b4 my eyes. Traffic was a bytch, initially, but it’s become easier to navigate. Surrounding cities have benefited, as well. The Kia Forum has been a benefactor from it, greatly.

Advertisement
Back