Meanwhile, in Bama...

Advertisement
They’re gonna need to poach 1-2 elite receivers imo. Once they lost theirs the offense looked pretty pedestrian.
Their all SEC 1&2 WRs were hurt. They have a stable full of 5*’s that have an entire offseason to get ready. They’ll be fine.

If you're talking about Bama I'm lol'ing. **** doesn't stop as long as Saban is still at the helm. Even in a down year for them like this year they compete for championships.
Just like we used to do. Reloading every year was the mark of our dynasty

Agree on it being really strange that Bolden declared.

-their wrs will be even younger next year but they added another crop of studs in Bond, Preston, Anderson, and to a lesser extent: Prentice. It’s just going to be a ton of competition. Had they lost what they lost and not replaced with some studs on paper, I’d be concerned if I was Mackbammer.

-2/3 of their OL recruits are absolute studs and some of the favorite ol films I saw in this class. Lost a star in Neal but Booker and Pritchett will compete for 2-deep reps.

-Gibbs from GT plus two more fr studs after they had injury issues this year?
Verdict: their offense will be better next year once the cream rises to the top at wr.

-otherwise their defense will be loaded and injecting their roster with guys like: Perry, Otis, Campbell, Alexander, Murphy, Ricks, ***ans, etc. won’t hurt.

Once Mario nails this coaching staff, I would LOVE to play them again in the playoff next year despite the current accumulated talent disparity. More physical lines and maturation of TVD, etc. would make the game a **** of a lot more interesting than the disaster from this past year.

Seeing Diaz on one sideline and Saban on the other was like we allowed the team mascot out to coach. It was a laughable joke.

Advertisement
No ones saying they’ve never had transfers or guys leave for the draft.

But they’ve never had 10+ transfers in one off-season. That’s the critical difference. As a result, they’ll have less depth. Hard to argue that point.

They’ll still have plenty of depth, but less than what they used to have before the transfer rule was changed.
You’re right…, but then… every team can say the same thing. Everyone has had more transfers than ever unfortunately. But they’ve had the most depth going in and will get the best guys from the portal just like they get the best guys from HS.

as long as emmert is in charge, nothings gonna change

we're basically watching the WWE, it's all fixed and just flat out dumb. Certain teams get to pick their rosters AND have the officials on their side. This isn't a sport, it's a show business a circus even.
It’s called sports entertainment, pal.

This right here. Dude brought Saban into the SEC. LSU once held an Emmert appreciation day AFTER he left.

I've never understood how, in the age of social media, NONE of the top dogs in the SEC slipped up and did anything deserving of sanctions.

I'm not talking about Ole Miss with Freeze. I'm talking Alabama, Auburn, UGA, UF, LSU. Nobody, not one coach did anything that would put them on program altering sanctions? They're all clean?

Because incidentally, just about all the SEC'S main competition has been busted for something. Outside of Texas and Notre Dame anyway. Too much money with those two.

We know what happened at Miami with the Nevin bull****. That helped the SEC get a foothold in south fl.
When SoCal got popped, it cost them Pete Carroll and Reggie Bush lost his Heisman, on top of sanctions.
Ohio State lost Jim Tressel and Terrell Pryor over some tattoos.

Remember how that Saban guy said he hates the hurry up offenses? Blamed injuries. Well.. Chip Kelly bolted from Oregon because they were facing sanctions. Oregon went on 2 years of probation and Kelly got hit with an 18 month show-cause. Problem solved.

There are tons of examples of schools from everywhere but the SEC getting busted.

Really the only major program that didn't get busted for something under Emmert's watch is FSU. Oh but wait! Emmert was at LSU when Saban hired Jimbo. That corrupt ***** has a working relationship with Jimbo too.
The old proverbial if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to see it (or something like that), did it fall?

If ESPN will not investigate, if other outlets will not investigate it, nothing will happen. Heck, Alabama players posted pictures with huge wads of cash on NSD and there was no investigation. Apart from a couple of curious articles the next day, no follow up or reporters digging in. Nothing.

Nick Saban could literally go with a Saban Motors vehicle filled cash and gold bullion and gift it to Johnny McFivestar, announcing this gift with a bull horn, and nothing would happen.

The best coach in CFB, has, returning, the Best offensive (the heisman winner) and Best defensive player and you think they fell off?

The quick addition of Gibbs should let everyone know they will recruit from other colleges as well. I fully expect Bama to 'find' a veteran WR in the portal before the start of next season.

I expect a stronger Bama team next year

Advertisement
Agree on it being really strange that Bolden declared.

-their wrs will be even younger next year but they added another crop of studs in Bond, Preston, Anderson, and to a lesser extent: Prentice. It’s just going to be a ton of competition. Had they lost what they lost and not replaced with some studs on paper, I’d be concerned if I was Mackbammer.

-2/3 of their OL recruits are absolute studs and some of the favorite ol films I saw in this class. Lost a star in Neal but Booker and Pritchett will compete for 2-deep reps.

-Gibbs from GT plus two more fr studs after they had injury issues this year?
Verdict: their offense will be better next year once the cream rises to the top at wr.

-otherwise their defense will be loaded and injecting their roster with guys like: Perry, Otis, Campbell, Alexander, Murphy, Ricks, ***ans, etc. won’t hurt.

Once Mario nails this coaching staff, I would LOVE to play them again in the playoff next year despite the current accumulated talent disparity. More physical lines and maturation of TVD, etc. would make the game a **** of a lot more interesting than the disaster from this past year.

Seeing Diaz on one sideline and Saban on the other was like we allowed the team mascot out to coach. It was a laughable joke.
They’ll be better than they were this year. And the only reason they lost this year was bc of all those injuries.

Their all SEC 1&2 WRs were hurt. They have a stable full of 5*’s that have an entire offseason to get ready. They’ll be fine.
Couple of those 5* had dropsies during the game. Hence the score. The hall kid from the Tampa area had a BIG 3rd down drop right before the blocked FG

Changed the whole game.

While Bama might have great classes on paper they don’t seem to have the same players on offense…..at all

Are you optimistic Mario can fix our Defense? I am a minority when I say the DC hire is more important than the OC (not saying it isn’t important) especially in today’s game. I wasn’t a fan of his Defense in Oregon.
Yeah. No concern at all. Just enjoy where we're headed brother. Enjoy the process.

Advertisement
NIL rule, has somewhat leveled the field. Rest of the nation need to take advantage of this period. Before the powers that be start tinkering with the rule.

Advertisement
Looks like a certain someone is running into a Lil trouble in trailer park heaven... Coaches leaving right and left. Kids transferring out daily, 8 kids declaring even ones who know they're first round management eligible. Hmm. I wonder.
In the corporate world, there's a thing going on called the Great Resignation. People didn't make may job moves during 2020 for obvious reasons, so all that pent up demand happens all at once, then those people need to be replaced and it continues. Looking at the bigger picture, there are a whole lot of coaching moves across the board compared to last year and I suspect the player moves are due to the same reason. People are restless and Bama isn't immune to it.

The ring with Bama is every year they bring in the previous year kids replacement. Not his back up his replacement. So the best of the best plays. They won’t have a drop off. As far as coaching as long as Saban is in charge they will be in the running. Btw. Those kids that transfer out were not key contributors

I'm always hesitant when I see "Alabama will fall off this year". They've just been a machine for too long for an immediate drop-off to occur. Even last season's "weak" Bama team was the second best team in the country and likely would have won the championship with better injury luck. Still, the transfer portal is opening a few chinks in their armor. Yes, the have been able to fill roster gaps with top-line transfers but prior to the portal, they didn't have roster gaps. They just replaced outgoing 5 star players with another batch of 5 star guys they had groomed as replacements. Now, there's a growing number of 5 star guys not wanting to wait around and be groomed as replacements and you're starting to see them enter the portal. So while they've been able to maintain short-term depth by filling spots with portal guys, they're losing long term depth as a result. I don't necessarily believe that it's to a point where they'll have significant drop-off but it's definitely gotten harder for them to just hoard all the top players and stash them on their bench until they feel like using them.

Advertisement
Back