Meanwhile, in Bama...

College Football Happy Dance GIF by SEC Network
Chick in black hot

Advertisement
Sheesh the slurping in this thread...the sooner the rest of the country realizes there are three quality teams in that top-heavy, incest-infested conference, the better.

Bama
UGA
A&M

Kentucky maybe 8-9 wins every so often. Everyone else is 7-5 or worse.
That’s fine but no other conf has even 2 teams consistently on that level
It’s all relative
One of the reasons that sec looks so good is that the other conf esp acc and pac 12 are so bad

Also perception is reality for most
There’s been too many cfl games where an sec just physically bullies another conf champion
And that’s what sticks in the minds of most casual viewers

My guy. I understand you like this Lil word play stuff. But stop putting words in my mouth. I have no problem with speaking my mind. It's one thing to have 4 elite teams it's something different entirely to have none. The only thing that separated UGA from everyone else was that defense cause there offense was Walmart bought too. I might not be amused by you often but I understand ur takes and u seem to know football. So please don't act like it's not obvious zero teams stood out this year. Cincinnati who mind you has one **** of a defense,but did they belong anywhere near a college football playoff game??? Osu,bama, Oregon,Michigan,msu they all had strengths but they also had huge flaws. Some had injuries they couldn't overcome while others simply benefitted from schedules. Mario is my brother and I love em to death. I know what he's gonna do here. But Oregon was no different in that aspect. Couldn't overcome injuries and flaws. Michigan and msu benefitted from a superior run game in a basic conference In a down year for interior play. I'll give you uga. Other than them who actually deserved to be playing for a championship this year?
Bruh I think you can say that about Every single cfb szn. You can poke holes in any team that doesn’t win a semi and play in the natty annually. They all have flaws every year. That why they usually are the teams who drop 1, 2 or 3 games in a year…and majority of the time we have a pretty good understanding of who the best team is befor the national championship game. This year UGA was clearly the most dominant and consistent up until the shock of what Bama did to them in the SEC..then UGA bounced right back.

And after the conference championship games multiple teams had cases to play UGA in the title game. And that’s usually the case every single szn

Advertisement
U know the one thing all of those situations had in common. Basic teams. Thats what all those situations pointed out is no teams were able to seperate themselves from the others. Every week the top 25 was overhauled etc. Very basic football this year with no teams clearly standing out from any others. I respect the opinion though and see why you may feel that way. I just disagree. Nothing of that was impressive to me especially the championship. I took UGA heavy in that game and got 10x on my money cause there's alot of dudes who see it the way you did. The one constant in football is defense wins...
I think a record number of games where an unranked team beat a ranked one.

Lotta parity, except two. And Bama loses if an Auburn RB stays in bounds.

Hence why I pay this Lil attention. Sensationalism is what works opposed to real life football. It's why so many of them were more than happy with Manny and Malik and everything else. Cause if you see results you as fans don't need to understand what's behind them. You just want the results... It works for fans but anyone that's played this game at even a semi high level understands what goes into that and the ways around it.
Are you optimistic Mario can fix our Defense? I am a minority when I say the DC hire is more important than the OC (not saying it isn’t important) especially in today’s game. I wasn’t a fan of his Defense in Oregon.

The transfer portal will definitely, on net, reduce the crazy depth we've seen from Bama the past decade. They'll replace some of those loses through the portal (they got perhaps the two best non-qb prospects in the portal committed), but it's gonna reduce their depth overall.
They replace backups that leave with starters in the portal, like Jameson Williams and Henry to’oto’….sounds like a Good deal for them.

Advertisement
Nope. I absolutely don't. What you picked out of that neglected the rest of what I said. It was a horrible year for college football. But any handful of teams had just as much of a claim as bama did. Yet there was never a question that bama would be there. Honestly never is. Cause as long as they have atleast a decent team(which is what they had this year) then for finan ial reasons they'll be there on a yearly basis. Anything two losses or less and they'll be there.
Except history shows that when they have two losses, they don’t make it…genius

They replace backups that leave with starters in the portal, like Jameson Williams and Henry to’oto’….sounds like a Good deal for them.
No. They replace a few backups with starters. Right now at a 1:4 starter-to-transfer-ratio (and it’ll probably get higher after spring).

Advertisement
So 111 tackles & 4 sacks from a LB is pedestrian? Lol. OK.
I watched maybe 3 of their games and he looked pedestrian in them. I didnt check the stats or anything. I dont watch Bama every week.

In the games i watched, Miami, UGA CHAMP, tx a&m, auburn...he made no splash plays or had more than 4 solo tackles in the over time auburn game and was unnoticable in the champ game but had 4 there to.

While you're laughing it still don't change the situation. This is something they've never seen, and honestly this last year's team (if not for the fact the media pushes the sec to the forefront annually ) had no business being ANYWHERE NEAR a cfb playoff. Not even gonna get started on that Heisman. Obviously the objective to playing the game is competing for a championship. But that don't mean it's teams who should be there regularly that get in. Like I always say THAT GOOD OLD BOY NETWORK IS STRONG. The only way they'd feel better is if Texas could be thrown in there with Notre Dame too...
Did you smoke crack this morning?

Bama gets cleaned out every offseason and doesn't skip a beat.

If Christian Harris returns this might be Saban's best defense in years

DL Dale
DL Smith
DL Young
LB Anderson 5*
LB Too'Too
LB Harris
LB Turner 5*
CB McKinstry 5*
CB Ricks 5*
SS Battle
FS Hellams

Offense is not poorly positioned either

QB Young 5*
RB Gibbs
WR Hall
WR Holden
WR Brooks 5*
TE Latu
LT Latham 5*
LG Cohen
C McLaughlin
RG Ekiyor

Its so funny to be honest, because this is what we heard going in this past season as well. "This is going to be Bama's best defense since 09" or whatever was regurgitated 30 times in the Miami vs Alabama broadcast and pre-game.

Advertisement
Its so funny to be honest, because this is what we heard going in this past season as well. "This is going to be Bama's best defense since 09" or whatever was regurgitated 30 times in the Miami vs Alabama broadcast and pre-game.
People laughed but I said throughout the summer that this was the year to play bama. This upcoming season will be when all of the accolades will be deserved. And this is coming from a guy that probably hates them more than anyone on this board.

No. They replace a few backups with starters. Right now at a 1:4 starter-to-transfer-ratio (and it’ll probably get higher after spring).
It’s January. You think they won’t address their needs through the transfer portal as needed? They wont Have any problem replacing who they want if they choose to, plus there’s always 25 normal recruits…

Advertisement
Back